Diablo® III

Wishlist - Game Improvements

A couple more, probably for the "Big Idea" category:

Fix Dodge
Worst damage mitigation in the game, and possibly part why DHs feel so "squishy." Maybe give players a move speed buff, equal to 1/4 or 1/3 their dodge chance, if and when they're taking damage from an undodgeable affix, so that they're better able to move away from its area of effect. Give it to all players, too, so that everybody sees the benefit (although the Dex-based DH and Monk would benefit most).
Maybe combine that with tweaks to those heavy-damage, undodgeable Elite affixes, so that their damage starts off lower for a second or two, and then ramps up above where it is now. After all, if you're given a fighting chance to dodge 'em, and still don't, then there should be some kind of penalty, right?
Also, if they buff the defensive skills and/or passives of the melee classes, then they can take the 30% DR out of the game, which seems to be causing some hard feelings.

Fix Hitboxes
This would actually work hand-in-hand with my proposed Dodge fix; if you're going to allow players to avoid attacks by moving around the screen, then it helps if they know which parts of the screen are actually occupied by their own hitbox.

Thanks Waitubold! I'll be adding these in soon.

Interest in this thread died a bit. :( I really hope people will start giving more ideas. I should've reserved posts in the beginning for better flow, but I guess that is not gonna happen - unless there is a way?
Reply Quote
Bring gheed back to gamble! Would be awesome to gamble a mempo with crit :D!
As far as previous comment for char customization I think that could have been added in to paragon leveling, they can code it in like it's a stat boost of sorts.
Imo there should be no cooldowns. But since there are they should be able to be reduced Without skills. Things like archon for example has to long of a cd, while it can be extended in alot of places there are still not enough monsters to keep it going forever. Assuming you pick things up. (although I dont know why I still pick stuff up lol aside from gems and tomes).
The % numbers would have to be worked for certain.
And I say choices because maybe you are ok with cd but would rather have just damage.

so you know what I am talking about sorry if confusing hard to type this on the phone
for leveling you can add things like reduce cooldown by 1% Add x% damage by 1%. Reduce cost of skills by 1%. Make it to choose so you can customize your char
Reply Quote
07/11/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Deadfront
Bring gheed back to gamble! Would be awesome to gamble a mempo with crit :D!

I believe the developers are against a gambling function. I can't remember where I read this though.

Things like archon for example has to long of a cd, while it can be extended in alot of places there are still not enough monsters to keep it going forever. Assuming you pick things up. (although I dont know why I still pick stuff up lol aside from gems and tomes).

Archon was never designed to last forever. It is a broken mechanic that is supposed to give you a short boost of awesomeness. It does last forever if you have enough movement speed, critical hit chance and DPS. Well, it lasts long enough for your buffs wear off. This forces you to end it and re-buff.

In fact, anything that lasts forever is a broken mechanic eg. CM Wizard and WW Barb. This is clearly why these builds are so much above other classes' builds.

for leveling you can add things like reduce cooldown by 1% Add x% damage by 1%. Reduce cost of skills by 1%. Make it to choose so you can customize your char

I don't think reducing cooldowns any further will help the game in general. More +%dmg is not really needed in the game - we all seem to have enough. Energy costs are also not really a problem at the moment I believe.
Reply Quote
6.) Assigning Lock or Junk marker to gear: (Reference: diablo.somepage.com/news/1579-playstation-3-diablo-iii-handson-preview)

6.1) Lock marker: This will ensure that a gearlock is inplace to make an item unsellable/undroppable yet still movable to a stash. It should still be able to be sold to the AH. This can possible work by pressing "Page up" while hovering over the item.

6.2) Junk marker: This will ensure that gear is automatically vendored once a vendor has been clicked. This can possible work by pressing "Page Down" while hovering over the item.

Can we add to this?

6.3) Sell All/Salvage All: This will convert all unflagged items in your inventory to either gold (at the vendors) or crafting materials (at the Blacksmith) with a single click.

07/11/2013 03:31 PMPosted by pusimusidu
I believe the developers are against a gambling function. I can't remember where I read this though.

Doesn't the current crafting system do basically the same thing that Gheed used to?
Edited by Waitubold#1127 on 7/12/2013 3:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can we add to this?

6.3) Sell All/Salvage All: This will convert all unflagged items in your inventory to either gold (at the vendors) or crafting materials (at the Blacksmith) with a single click

Sure thing, I'll add this in.

07/11/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Waitubold
Doesn't the current crafting system do basically the same thing that Gheed used to?

Yes, but having a gamble system such as Gheed is too similar to crafting a gear piece. Thus, it would just function as crafting without using crafting materials. I believe the crafting system was implemented with a clear intention on putting a limit on it with people with too much gold to spend eg. To create an incentive to play the game in order to craft.
Reply Quote
A few wishes to improve the game experience,

1) Make all stackables to 1,000 similar to Tomes of Secrets instead of the differing amounts - e.g. gems, De, crafting mats, plans - just making them consistent across the board.

2) Increase players drop radius - Why the need?

Examples:
We play with people of all levels (lvl 60 could play with any lvls below 60, even less than 10).

a) now imagine the lvl 60 player having 24 movement speed, compared to the lower lvls who can't keep up.

b)then consider the lvl 60 killing power, it will be higher than the lower lvls so they kill faster and move faster usually leaving the lower lvls behind.

c) Then there are those who only want to kill elites leaving the minions for the others to kill and obviously they are usually at max 24 movement speed,
- Monks using Tempest Rush
- Barbs using Sprint
- WD using Teleport

Imagine how frustrating it is for the lower lvl players who gets no drops!

Increasing the drop radius to compensate for these behaviors will not harm the game but improve the game experience for all types of players.

3) Increase the Stash (sharing) Tabs from 3 to 10 - essentially 1 each for each character. Set conditions if necessary e.g. cost some gold for each additional tab, each additional tab available only when each additional character reaches lvl 60 and so on.

4) Many have asked for this, allow legendaries to be dyed.

5) Provide socket quest.

6) Create opportunities for White drops to be used in crafting - otherwise the white drops are just not meaningful e.g. rune words.

7) would be nice if Gold pick up radius is increase a little more.

These would increase our gaming experience and could be implemented much more easier than revamping the item drop stats. :)
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Eaglespot
2) Increase players drop radius

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by drop radius, here. Do you want the density of items on the ground, dropped by monsters and chests, to be thinned out a little? If so, then I believe that the devs are already looking at ways to decrease drop frequency (fewer items cluttering the ground) while increasing drop quality (better items overall). If everything that the devs have said about Loot 2.0 is accurate, then it should also address your 7th point a little, giving every item dropped some value to the player.

4) Many have asked for this, allow legendaries to be dyed.

The Blues have said before that this is already in the works. Not sure why it's taking so long, though.

6) Create opportunities for White drops to be used in crafting - otherwise the white drops are just not meaningful e.g. rune words.

I don't think that we'll see itemized runes or runewords, as such, but I'd love to see more types of socketable items: different gem types, maybe something like D2's jewels, etc. TL2 has a great socketable system, with rare and unique socketable items; I'd like D3's to be competetive, or at least finished. Right now, it just feels like they ran out of time without finishing it.

7) would be nice if Gold pick up radius is increase a little more.

The problem with just increased the pickup radius is that gold isn't the only thing that gets picked up; there are health globes, too, and some players like to be more "tactical" with those, leaving them sitting until actually needed. Plus, there's already an item affix for pickup radius; the only problem is that everybody's so busy chasing CHC, CHD, IAS, mainstat, and GF/MF on items that PUR gets no love at all. What I'd rather see is a tweak to this affix so that it's useful for more than just pickup; maybe have it increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills, too, so that it doesn't feel like a wasted affix on items.
Reply Quote
5) Provide socket quest.

The mystic is probably coming back, so a socket quest is not really needed.

2) Increase players drop radius - Why the need?

I've thought about requesting a gold decrease in drop radius eg. making all the gold from a chest drop beneath you, so that you don't have to run around in a circle to get gold from chests. Ranged kills can still drop gold as usual.

As mentioned by Waitubold and stated by the developers, there is a core problem to this issue - Too many gear dropping. A decrease in quantity and boost in quality can help this problem without any such fixes.

3) Increase the Stash (sharing) Tabs from 3 to 10 - essentially 1 each for each character. Set conditions if necessary e.g. cost some gold for each additional tab, each additional tab available only when each additional character reaches lvl 60 and so on.

This is a difficult topic since I have no idea how much server usage a stash takes per player. I would love a bigger stash, but unless there's some data released on the actual stash server usage, I won't be putting it on the list.

max 24 movement speed,

Isn't max movement speed 25? I'm quite sure it of it, but have my doubts now! :)

07/13/2013 03:01 AMPosted by Waitubold
What I'd rather see is a tweak to this affix so that it's useful for more than just pickup; maybe have it increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills, too, so that it doesn't feel like a wasted affix on items.

Waitbubold: Feel free to say what you think those tweaks might be!

The developers are there secretive with this topic in interviews, but there seems to already be a plan for this in the works.

1) Make all stackables to 1,000 similar to Tomes of Secrets instead of the differing amounts - e.g. gems, De, crafting mats, plans - just making them consistent across the board.

This is already in the list in Small Changes->Convenience->8.)
Reply Quote
Posted by Eaglespot
2) Increase players drop radius

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by drop radius, here. Do you want the density of items on the ground, dropped by monsters and chests, to be thinned out a little? If so, then I believe that the devs are already looking at ways to decrease drop frequency (fewer items cluttering the ground) while increasing drop quality (better items overall). If everything that the devs have said about Loot 2.0 is accurate, then it should also address your 7th point a little, giving every item dropped some value to the player.

Perhaps I am not using the correct term for it but what i mean is that lower lvl players tend to be slower and therefore lag behind the "leader" and monster do not drop items for them if they are too far away. The distance between the players may vary and if you play with lower lvl players they are usually far behind cuz they don't have max 24 movement and likely to be picking up stuff etc.

On gold pick up radius, agree that some players would want to save the health globe but a radius of 3 ought not to affect this strategy too badly but its a pain to run around columns in Act 4 when it falls behind the pillar and etc. On this note, it would help if we have a full life portion instead of the current limited one. After all there is a cool down time even if you drink a full life portion. In D2, there is no timer and Full Rejuv gives full life not half.

On dyes - noted.

On runewords - its sad cuz this could expand this game by much.
Edited by Eaglespot#1362 on 7/13/2013 4:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Love these ideas! Absolute fix to itemization. Especially if weapons/armor add to build diversity.
I think everyone loves the idea to be able to customize their character's look. Also, comparing changes with gems socketed/unsocketed option. Different zoom angles to help with the look/atmosphere of the game (The world seems confined at times and a zoom mod would make things really intersting.) Also I do believe that monster affixes, and boss fights need to have changes made/added.
Reply Quote
- Remove AH and RMAH and put Drop's at true RANDOM levels.
- Disable all trading.

lol a closet sf player.
Reply Quote
07/13/2013 04:11 AMPosted by Eaglespot
Perhaps I am not using the correct term for it but what i mean is that lower lvl players tend to be slower and therefore lag behind the "leader" and monster do not drop items for them if they are too far away.

Better match-making in public games would help this, so that lower-level players aren't matched with players that are too far ahead of them on the curve. If a low-ish level player deliberately joins a game with higher-level players, on the other hand, then this should be something that they just live with. If the higher-level player is OK "rushing" someone, then they'll hang back so that the low-level player can keep up; if they're not, then why should the low-level player be able to leech off them? I don't see a need to redesign any part of the game to make rushing or leeching easier.
Edited by Waitubold#1127 on 7/13/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/13/2013 04:10 AMPosted by pusimusidu
Feel free to say what you think those tweaks might be!

Having pickup radius increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills, too, is actually about it for my ideas on this one, unless they also wanted to add light radius mechanics into the game, in which case it could also be used for that. I don't think that'll happen, though.
Reply Quote
07/13/2013 04:45 AMPosted by Matheyus
Also, comparing changes with gems socketed/unsocketed option.

Already in the list. :)

Different zoom angles to help with the look/atmosphere of the game (The world seems confined at times and a zoom mod would make things really intersting.)

Already in the list as well (in the extreme section). The developers don't seem to agree on this idea.

Also I do believe that monster affixes, and boss fights need to have changes made/added.

In the list, and already in the works!

07/13/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Waitubold
Having pickup radius increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills, too, is actually about it for my ideas on this one, unless they also wanted to add light radius mechanics into the game, in which case it could also be used for that. I don't think that'll happen, though.

Noted. I'll be updating the list with a big chunk of ideas soon (tm).
Reply Quote
<For me its add better main story boss phase with leet loot! making it worth the achevment to kill them.. like in D2 and if possible set an Arena like pvp Brawl is ummm well you can see it was made for console offline mode... oh and most important set a damn Trade/Social town like in D2!! ya i miss Trade park..
Reply Quote
#1 for me.

Take stats off of the gear. Then I am encouraged to use other pieces of gear. As it is, designing Diablo 3 to have the stats of my character on my equipment means we all have the same gear.
Reply Quote
Moving the gem artisan in Act I closer to town: I rarely run all they way down that slopey road just to create a gem. I rather just leave for another act to save the hassle.

But I like strolling around New Tristram whilst listen to its denizens banter among themselves...
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 7/13/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/13/2013 02:04 PMPosted by RedCell
But I like strolling around New Tristram whilst listen to its denizens banter among themselves...

Sarcasm if the mead of the gypsies my friend. :)

07/13/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Thynqikan
Take stats off of the gear.

I'm assuming you mean str, dex, int and vit? How would removing them make your equipment less similar to others?
Reply Quote
New Additions

*Will re-arrange big changes into 4 categories: Content, Mechanics, Skills and Itemization.

Small Changes

Convenience:

18.)Better match-making in public games: People seem to be complain about other players, who are generally much higher level than them, running and head and clearing the levels with ease, leaving the weaker players behind.

This is probably due to mismatched pLvls/cLvls and can be fixed with a setting that reads, ”Prioritize closest level range”. [Thanks Eaglespot!]

Big changes

Content:

1.) Diablo I Dungeon: A 16-level dungeon, built with the same atmosphere / environment / bosses as Diablo I. This would really appeal to the old-school Diablo-ers and others new to the Diablo universe with a lapse back in time.

This basically contains 16-levels with 4-level sections. Each section has its own environment: A dungeon, catacombs, caves and hell. The only problem with implementing this is the art. It will be a very time consuming project. Most of the mobs in Diablo I are already in Diablo III. Bosses will also have to be re-done, and below is a small discussion on how they can probably be implemented in such a dungeon.

How do you implement the bosses of Diablo II in areas that are so different to the way they are implemented in Diablo III? I can see a couple of options here:

1.1.a) Direct boss Import from Diablo III.

The Butcher, on level 2, can have a room with a door. Once you click on this, you are transferred to the Butcher fight at the end of Act I. Once you exit at his top-door, you return to the butcher’s door. Similarly to the level 3 King Leoric fight, the door to his chamber will transport you his battle in Act I and back. Archbishop Lazarus, on level 15, can be imported as Zultan Kulle. Diablo, on level 16, is simply the final fight of Diablo.

If a direct import is to be implemented, it would be nice to know if the bosses can be transferred to other rooms without compromising their AI scripts. Say, if Zultan Kulle was moved to Ghom’s room and just added some really tough succubae. This leads to the changes, if possible, in 1.1.2).

1.1.b) Direct boss Import from Diablo III, but in an alternate setting.

The butcher can placed in a room, with a lot of bloody corpses. King Leoric can be placed in a room similar to the quest where one discovers the town portal ability. Archbishop Lazarus could be placed in Ghom’s room (Although it would be nice if there were extensions to that area) and Diablo is fought only in the realm of terror, but with some retexturing. The dungeon would work better if the boss fights were more like “elite” packs than scripted dungeons. This can be done via an indirect import from Diablo III.

1.2) Indirect boss Import from Diablo III.

Using the models of the bosses in Diablo III, they can be turned into “elite” packs with a bunch of affixes, and the spells/abilities they currently possess. This will simulate the closest feeling to Diablo I than the other two options.
With the talk of endless dungeons or variations of it, this idea seems fitting with more monster slaying content.

2.) PVP Dungeon: Instead of all the players fighting together, this one forces the party to go against each other for loot.

There is an initial pause phase where builds can be changed (All builds revert back as pre-dungeon and NV stacks are kept.) Once inside, all loot dropped is visible to all players. Players can kill each other, and random loot/gold picked up from the dungeon will drop for the other players. At the end of the dungeon, people laugh the clashes off and continue their pre-dungeon doings!

This is the ultimate grief-spot for those we seek griefing back in Diablo. The rewards must be worth it! It must be balanced though. This can be balanced by making the drops, in total, the same as if all players received their own respective loot. Thus, if shared it would be same amount of loot. However, the one who happens to survive through a 4-player dungeon and kill everyone gets about 3-4 times the amount of loot as usual.

I believe this is a good refresher from simply farming all day as PvE, and an interesting inclusion to PvP.

Itemization:

4.) Improving Gold/Health globe pickup radius: Having pickup radius increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills, too, is actually about it for my ideas on this one, unless they also wanted to add light radius mechanics into the game, in which case it could also be used for that. I don't think that'll happen, though. [Thanks Waitubold!]

The AOE spells will have their radii slightly increased with any increase in Gold/Health globe pickup radius.
Reply Quote
4.) Improving Gold/Health globe pickup radius: Having pickup radius increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills, too, is actually about it for my ideas on this one, unless they also wanted to add light radius mechanics into the game, in which case it could also be used for that. I don't think that'll happen, though. [Thanks Waitubold!]

I appreciate the credit, but maybe trim the text a bit:

"Have pickup radius also increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills. If light radius mechanics are patched into the game, then pickup radius should also apply there."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]