Diablo® III

Wishlist - Game Improvements

View profile
5.) Incentives for killing bosses: More drops/gold should be awarded for killing bosses, especially on Inferno. As is, killing story bosses are not worth it compared to just running elite/trash mob killing sprees and going on uber runs. The incentives should be enough to make it worth it to tie them into these farming runs, but not enough to make them the most efficient way of farming. [Thanks ontheleft!]

While I like this general idea, but I would not want killing bosses to be the only thing that we would do. That is why the devs would have to be careful as far as how rewarding they would be. If they are more rewarding then what would happen is this. Go to places a,b, and maybe c to get your five stacks then go kill boss x. That would get boring pretty fast IMO.

10.) XP Penalty on softcore death (Similar to Diablo II, but less harsh): Gold is a valuable currency for Diablo III and the penalty of repairs is justifiable. However, the penalty still feels a bit weak. I suggest a 5% experience loss of the current progress e.g. If the slain player is currently 50% towards paragon level 50, upon revival he is now at 47.5% experience.

The reason death penalties are not like D2 anymore is because the scene of death penalties have changed. Devs have notices that for the majority of the players the old style penalties are just not needed anymore. Players just do not like getting their characters killed in a game. For them the defeat is a good punishment+ repair cost is good enough to get the player to think about how to avoid getting killed the second time.

What I am saying is that it is not just this game that you will see it. The death penalties in other games are light as well.

1.) Self-found/Ironborn mode: This is a really good feature - old-school Diablo at its best.

Now if it is old school Diablo then are you saying that D2 had such a mode. If so I never knew it.

Look such a mode is not needed now because here is what would happen. 1.) Pre Itemization patch: As soon as it is added in you might have around 2 million players flocking to it thinking that it will start raining BiS that would be with near perfect rolls. When players see that the boost to the drop rate and quality is abysmal compared to what they thought it would be. Then those players would abandon it and go back to the modes with the AHs.

2. Post itemization patch: This mode would become kind of moot, because the majority of players will be self found. Loot 2.0 will make it where you can upgrade your own gear. They might even throw in the mystic so you can add in other ways to upgrade your character. Add in anything like jewels, runes and rune words. All of this adds in more options to gearing up your character than using the AH. That is all loot 2.0 has to accomplish.

3.2) Designing a synergy system into skills that are underused or underpowered: This seems very similar to what Diablo II did, and its not that I wish "Argh, make Diablo III exactly like Diablo II!!!". I do not like that logic. Alas, it is a great feature that immediately creates more viable builds, but could create the possibilities quite complex (Which is a good thing).

Look the old school synergy is not needed here. There is more than enough synergy between skills if you just looked for it. That is unless you are having a problem seeing the synergy and have to have a D2 style to see the synergy. Also I would not want to tie up a skill slot just to make a skill viable. That would mean that the devs could be lazy on improving all of the skills. They could just say okay if you have awesome skills a, b, and c they will improve skills x,y and z to where they are viable.

3.3) The 7th skill slot: Quite a silly idea, but might wildly increase the amount of viable builds or reduce them. This is up for debate, but in my mind this is a clearcut improvement and will improve the gameplay. This can possibly be implemented through gear. Imagine a ring that says,"Introduces an extra skill slot, but vastly decreases the effectiveness of that skill." Something like a 35% DPS loss, or a 20% Cooldown increase.

Why stop at 7 skills, why not 8, 10, 15, etc... Blizz tried seven skills and it did not work out at all. Because players did not have to make any hard choices about what skills will be on the action bar.
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 05:08 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Why stop at 7 skills, why not 8, 10, 15, etc... Blizz tried seven skills and it did not work out at all. Because players did not have to make any hard choices about what skills will be on the action bar.

I'm not sure quite what you're getting at, here. Are you saying that a 7th active slot doesn't limit players' choices enough, or that it's too limiting?

D2 only allowed you to have 6 skills assigned to hotkeys (F1 to F6), which means that you had 6 active skills there (although you could have more in reserve to assign); games like Titan Quest and Torchlight allow up to 10 skills on the bar, but I found that I only used the first four of those anyway, plus the weapon swap (which normally has different skills assigned to the two mouse buttons), which would be 8. Split the difference, and you have 7.

(It's also the # of keys that one can comfortably cover without changing hand position; I basically use my 1-4 keys as the home row when playing. Call me lazy if you want.)

7 also makes sense because Blizz was actually working on it during D3's development; they may not have managed to get it working in time for release, but I don't recall reading anywhere that they'd cut it for any specific reason. On the contrary, Bashiok seemed to give the impression that it was still very much on the to-do list:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/7-slots-for-6-skills

We know that D3 is, and will remain, connected to the console platforms, so the control scheme will remain consistent with the needs of a gamepad setup, but adding 1 more active skill and a swap button doesn't seem like too heavy a lift.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/14/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Waitubold

I'm not sure quite what you're getting at, here. Are you saying that a 7th active slot doesn't limit players' choices enough, or that it's too limiting?

D2 only allowed you to have 6 skills assigned to hotkeys (F1 to F6), which means that you had 6 active skills there (although you could have more in reserve to assign); games like Titan Quest and Torchlight allow up to 10 skills on the bar, but I found that I only used the first four of those anyway, plus the weapon swap (which normally has different skills assigned to the two mouse buttons), which would be 8. Split the difference, and you have 7.

(It's also the # of keys that one can comfortably cover without changing hand position; I basically use my 1-4 keys as the home row when playing. Call me lazy if you want.)

7 also makes sense because Blizz was actually working on it during D3's development; they may not have managed to get it working in time for release, but I don't recall reading anywhere that they'd cut it for any specific reason. On the contrary, Bashiok seemed to give the impression that it was still very much on the to-do list:

We know that D3 is, and will remain, connected to the console platforms, so the control scheme will remain consistent with the needs of a gamepad setup, but adding 1 more active skill and a swap button doesn't seem like too heavy a lift.

I remember either reading about it or seeing it in a video during the development of the game. Now that does not mean that the devs cannot possibly change their minds on the matter. I just said what I remember seeing or reading.
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Waitubold
4.) Improving Gold/Health globe pickup radius: Having pickup radius increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills, too, is actually about it for my ideas on this one, unless they also wanted to add light radius mechanics into the game, in which case it could also be used for that. I don't think that'll happen, though. [Thanks Waitubold!]

I appreciate the credit, but maybe trim the text a bit:

"Have pickup radius also increase the radius of the player's area-effect skills. If light radius mechanics are patched into the game, then pickup radius should also apply there."

No problem, will do.
Reply Quote
The incentives should be enough to make it worth it to tie them into these farming runs, but not enough to make them the most efficient way of farming.

While I like this general idea, but I would not want killing bosses to be the only thing that we would do.

Hence, balancing the rewards. They should not be "the farming spot", but at least a viable option for farming. I want the farming decision to run as following: "Ok, I'm gonna go run act I. Should I or should I not do the boss as well? Yes, the boss would indeed help end the farming the run." Currently, its: "Bosses? Pfft please, no use for them what-so-ever."

Thus, it's not about making bosses more efficient than the currently farming runs, but to tie them into farming runs. They should NOT be more efficient than the current runs, but at least viable enough to make them worth doing after the run is finished for longer sustained runs, which means less repetitiveness, and more fun during runs.

Say x/a = "a desired amount of loot/gold" on average for a certain y/b = "time". The x amount for regular runs, y its respective time. a amount for boss runs, b its respective time.

Here's the three potential runs, that I hope to see in the future, arranged by most efficient:

1.) Bosses and Regular runs (x+a loot in x+y time)
2.) Regular runs (x loot + y time)
3.) Boss runs (a loot + b time)

Thus, gaining 5 stacks and doing a regular run is a lot more efficient than simply using these 5 stacks for doing bosses, but tying in boss runs at eg. the end of regular run, will become viable enough to become more efficient, than simply doing regular runs.

The reason death penalties are not like D2 anymore is because the scene of death penalties have changed. Devs have notices that for the majority of the players the old style penalties are just not needed anymore. Players just do not like getting their characters killed in a game. For them the defeat is a good punishment+ repair cost is good enough to get the player to think about how to avoid getting killed the second time.

What I am saying is that it is not just this game that you will see it. The death penalties in other games are light as well.

I completely agree, except with one point - "Players just do not like getting their characters killed in a game." I see it time and time again in softcore games. People just stack DPS and don't care about dying, since the 3-second timer makes it efficient enough to ignore survivability. Players, and I'm generalizing here from the pool I've played with, tend to assume that dying a couple of times instead of properly gearing/using proper survival skills is more efficient.

However, I will move this idea to the "extreme section", since it's clearly quite extreme.

1.) Self-found/Ironborn mode: This is a really good feature - old-school Diablo at its best.

I agree. The need for a "Self-found" mode is the player's need to fix the current Loot 1.0 system. Once Loot 2.0 hits, a self-found mode will probably become a waste. I still think that at least a badge might be worth it, since some players seem to really want recognition/an ability to play with players that don't completely outrank them with gear.

07/14/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Waitubold
D2 only allowed you to have 6 skills assigned to hotkeys (F1 to F6)

I believe there are 8 skill hotkeys (F1 to F8), and only two possible active skills at one time. (With the exception of Barbarian shouts eg.).

07/15/2013 04:04 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
I remember either reading about it or seeing it in a video during the development of the game. Now that does not mean that the devs cannot possibly change their minds on the matter. I just said what I remember seeing or reading.

I think they should open up a PTR server where more skill slots are open, to see the reaction of the public and its effect on the game. Blizzard really seems to under-use the capabilities of PTR in Diablo III.
Reply Quote
Ok I have some ideas I'd like to bounce around and this seems like a good place to do it. feedback appreciated.

1. removal of thorns entirely. replaced with + to shrine duration effects. An item will add anywhere from 30 to 75sec of shrine duration.
- topaz in helm now adds magic find and an equal percent of shrine duration ( I feel in my opinion that no one uses topaz in helm)

2. boss "bane" effects. items can roll with a bane effect. for instance boots can roll with waller walk. you can now walk thru and completely ignore waller effects. prison break on gloves makes you immune to jailer. ETC.......
-now some buyer beware
- bane items have to be equipped before you enter a game to work
-if considered overpowered than put a limit on how many bane effects you can have at one time ( 1 or 2 seems reasonable)

3. for demon hunter bring back the old over powered nether tentacles but:
- make it short range , say half a screen then it ends
-the faster your attack speed the less damage nether tentacles will do. It needs to go slow to hit the same enemy multiple times. that coupled with a short range could make a nice tanky demon hunter spec.

that's all. thanks for looking!
Reply Quote
I'm pointing out problems for the Wizard. It should at least provide an idea of why they need to address them.

Archon builds work because given the right gear, nothing can stand in your way. Its very simple to use, most of the time all you need to do is hold down one button and point your cursor in the right direction and all enemies die within a couple of seconds. it is boring but is so much more efficient to everything else. not using it, is not exactly smart. Although the boring aspect gets compensated by the fact that you kill stuff with such ease that it makes you feel quite powerful.

CM build, very close to the archon build in efficiency, much more fun to use because you are actually using at least 5 buttons very constantly (more like spamming), mortality rate is very low. Clever use of game mechanics makes you feel smart.

None of this require any kitting. Thus making them very efficient.

The problem really is that because this two exist, the rest of whats available would be just stupid to pick. If we analyze this two builds we can discover, all the cracks within the rest of the spells.

Signature spells. Please take note how both, the CM and archon build completely ignore all the primary spells. Would you like to know why? well in a typical d3 battle, you will be killing about 10-50 enemies at once. So with archon you press one button and they all die, with CM you smash some buttons and they all die, the key thing here, is all enemies die, with just a few seconds, with any other build that includes per say magic missile you will need to clic that button what? lets say each mob can take 6 hits. times 25 for 25 monsters on screen hhmmmm 150 clics.... vs the 1 clic with archon.

I hope this makes you understand the depth of your failure with primary spells.

Other things to talk about, shock pulse, even if you were to increase the damage a lot, its too random, combined with short range, and you got your self a recipe to die often. Electrocute Another terrible spell, does less damage than white attacks, at most it can hit 6 enemies, remember how archon hits everyone? IMO the sound it produces its weak, unpleasant. living lightning rune is good, looks a little bit cartoony, needs more damage to be competitive with other builds.

YES you can be successful with these but remember we are comparing efficiency to cm and archon builds, not effectiveness.

Seconday spells. I don't even remember the last time I saw anyone using any of these. Ray of frost OK... consumes arcane power, hits ONE mob, requires player to stand still (means it highly increases your likelihood of dying) and the damage its not even that high... so many downsides, not worth a space slot of the limited number that is available.

Arcane Orbwhen I was leveling up I loved this spell, it felt tactical, was fun to use and looked cool. sadly as enemies, became faster, more hit points were added to them, it became less and less powerful, to the point where due to its high arcane cost and damage relatively low, I was required to kite everything. I remember back in the day (after we reached inferno act II, before the nerfs) champions force me to kite them entire maps across. that speaks volumes that cost / damage ratio is off.

Arcane Torrent I haven't really used this one much, I feel it doesn't do what I expect it to do, it kind of lacks feedback, you point and shot and for a moment, nothing seems to happen other than missiles flying by. It combines the downsides of arcane orb and ray of frost and doesn't seem to to anything particularly better than other spells.

Defensive spells I have little complains here, to me, in this category lies the core of the wizard class fun factor.
Diamond skin, aside from crystal shell, all runes seem completely pointless given how everything else is right now. biggest issue to me, is that it does not scale with gear.

Slow time well in theory this one should be extremely powerful, lets you warp space and time, that's kind of cool. but in reality, its a niche spell, useful in areas with a decent chunk of ranged mobs, pointless everywhere else, again this cannot be in a game that only lets you have 6 spells at any given time, slowing melee mobs a bit just doesn't justify to bring this to the table. the runes are kind of nice, but still, I rather have something else.

Frost Nova and teleport are awesome, the kind of thing is cool to have, fun to use, and useful in almost all combat conditions, if not all. Can be used offensively and defensively, great design. /kudos

to be continued...
Reply Quote
I want to see my Belt in game (see portrait of barb on a barbs profile, GIVE ME THAT BELT!!)

Fix Uber's rewards

Fix HC disconnects!!!!! (the timeout issue after blizz server fails)

Fix DE drop rate on mp10

Provide more reward for Paragon 100... probably the most underwhelming experience ever when you hit P100. At least and Achievement or something!
Reply Quote
View profile
I completely agree, except with one point - "Players just do not like getting their characters killed in a game." I see it time and time again in softcore games. People just stack DPS and don't care about dying, since the 3-second timer makes it efficient enough to ignore survivability. Players, and I'm generalizing here from the pool I've played with, tend to assume that dying a couple of times instead of properly gearing/using proper survival skills is more efficient.

However, I will move this idea to the "extreme section", since it's clearly quite extreme.

I am talking about a majority of players that are just do not like getting beaten. I am not talking about the ones that love to be known as losers. Where they take up the mantle of losing a lot just because they think it will be more efficient to get through the area. When it will not be more efficient because they are still losing three seconds times the number of deaths in a session. That time adds up and will cut into your farming time. This is true for coop and more so for solo. Because solo you would even have travel time to get back to where you were.

07/15/2013 09:04 AMPosted by pusimusidu
I agree. The need for a "Self-found" mode is the player's need to fix the current Loot 1.0 system. Once Loot 2.0 hits, a self-found mode will probably become a waste. I still think that at least a badge might be worth it, since some players seem to really want recognition/an ability to play with players that don't completely outrank them with gear.

What about those that are SF that get extremely lucky and find BiS gear before their fellow SF players. Will they automatically exclude them just because they got lucky with a lucky drop?

The SF players really do not need a badge for doing it. What do you really think that all of the possible different play styles like SF should have a mode and a badge for it? No they should not have a special badge. They should know whether or not that they are SF. They do not need to prove it to anyone at all.

Just like 5 of my characters on my profile. One of each class and they are only using what drops. So no vendor gear or potions, no crafting either. I have it where the only gold that I have spent on them is on dyes and repairs. I do not need a badge for that because I know that I have been doing just that and sticking with it.

Edit I just look up online for the video where it talks about why seven skills was lowered to six. It was in Jay's video of why skill points were removed. I will provide the link below so you will see what I am saying is quite true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTVMqtmxPU
Edited by ShadowAegis#1537 on 7/15/2013 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A lot of good suggestions so far.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377369377#2

Content:
1) I'd like bigger random dungeons. (Note: random dungeons so we can still rush through story mode). Give them the Durance of hate level 2 treatment. More and better "events"

I'd like to get more adventuring spirit in the game and less of just farming zones. I want search every corner of the map of all zones and get excited about seeing a dungeon I don't normally encounter.

2) New essence type to be used either by blacksmith or a new artisan. Instead of salvaging for regular essences, I take a Short Sword of Savagery (lets pretend that's the affix for +% damage to elites) and salvage at the blacksmith or disenchant at the mystic for a Essence of Savagery. This essence can be used to a) add the affix to an existing weapon or b) guarantee the affix when crafting an applicable item.

Maybe the essences stack and using more of them gives higher chance of higher roll.

3) This is taken for someone else's thread.

"There must be a distinction between Primary and Supplementary skills. The Diablo 3 system fails catastrophically here. Every single skill is lumped together in one giant pool, and then each fills one of six skill slots. The natural thing to do is to pick one (sometimes two) main attacks, and pair it with supplementary skills to boost efficiency in one way or another. The Passive system has been reduced to providing mere efficiency boosts or breaking systems.

Thing is, there's no reason to pack more main attacks. D3 provides few in-game incentives that would render different skills for different situations necessary. You're fine with just one or two, and from there it's a power game.

What we need is a game environment that provides incentive to possess and use a variety of attacks depending on the situation, and a skill system that does not punish the player in carrying multiple types of attacks.

This would allow for gameplay depth - providing multiple tools with which to overcome a particular, and different, situations. Furthermore, with appropriate limitations on such a system, and appropriate content diversity, you can maintain healthy build diversity and customization options. Good implementation will see each character able to reach a good balance between jack-of-all-trades and all-in-gambits, where each character still has strengths and weaknesses, but has diversity within each of those.

Begin with a distinction between main 'attacks' and other supplementary skills and effects. We should be able to choose about 4 of these main attacks, which can be made to differ in many ways such as damage type/cost/mechanics. This part is similar to the D3 system, except that there's no supplementary skills out-competing main attacks for these slots. The focus is purely on the attack skills themselves.

Also similar to D3, skill strength isn't dependent on skill investment, only on choosing to use the skill. This alleviates the skill-point-derived-damage issue. %Weapon damage is a good system, but falters in putting too much focus on only items - to alleviate this, keep %Weapon damage, but also assign each skill with a base damage number that increases with level. This is actually similar to D2, because if you were spending your skill points in the attacks that you used and synergized, your damage would most often go up with each skill point (and therefore, each level). The difference is that the damage is not dependent on skill points.

In the second part of the skill system are supplementary skills and effects. Instead of slots, here we use skill points. Since damage isn't dependent on our skill points, damage obligations are alleviated, and skill points can be used for customization. Spend your skill points among this pool of skills (which includes passive effects and some active skills (e.g. teleport), but not those that would be considered attacks) to give access to, and to improve the effects of, those skills and passives. This is the realm of incomparibles and class-specific effects. (Don't ruin this section with generic DPS/Survivability boosts like Archery or Jungle Fortitude. The goal is to avoid efficiency and customization being at odds with eachother.)

With damage freed from skill points, we have open customization.

With primary attacks separated from secondary skills, we facilitate unpenalized gameplay depth via possessing a variety of offensive skills.

With this achieved, all we'd need is diversity among the game's enemies and environments to really allow skill-combat depth to come to the forefront. Yes, this is the place where customization and efficiency must work alongside oneanother - different game situations."
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Magizi
I'm pointing out problems for the Wizard. It should at least provide an idea of why they need to address them.

Thanks for typing that. I agree with most of your points. The problem, however, lies in the core design of the skills which were tested in a "vacuum". They couldn't properly foresee the problems with broken builds such as Archon and CM in a "vacuum", but the developers have at least acknowledged the problems and are aiming to fix it.

If possible, could you maybe make suggestions to skills, which will make them more viable?

1) I'd like bigger random dungeons. (Note: random dungeons so we can still rush through story mode). Give them the Durance of hate level 2 treatment. More and better "events"

I'd like to get more adventuring spirit in the game and less of just farming zones. I want search every corner of the map of all zones and get excited about seeing a dungeon I don't normally encounter.

So, basically its like "The Underground Passage" from Diablo II, where there are two exits in dungeons. One leads you to the Story door, and the other leads you to the endless dungeon. Or am I interpreting it wrong?

2) New essence type to be used either by blacksmith or a new artisan... ...This essence can be used to a) add the affix to an existing weapon or b) guarantee the affix when crafting an applicable item.

Seems a bit too powerful don't you think. I like the core idea, but to implement in a fun way is really hard. I'd prefer the simple runeword system from Diablo II. Exact manipulation of gear is far too over-powering. A guaranteed affix is also too powerful, since Diablo has always been about randomized gear.

However, it could work as a gold-sink, but it would have to be really expensive - and I mean making crafting 1000's of those Archon Gear look cheap.

07/15/2013 02:56 PMPosted by UngivenFame
What we need is a game environment that provides incentive to possess and use a variety of attacks depending on the situation, and a skill system that does not punish the player in carrying multiple types of attacks.

I fully agree. Diablo II had situational combat, where as Diablo III has none what-so-ever. It's an endless spam of the same attacks. However, I agree that certain skills need base damage.

but also assign each skill with a base damage number that increases with level... ...The difference is that the damage is not dependent on skill points.

Clearly the damage is dependent on skill-points, since the base damage increases with each level. Or do you mean "increases with level" as in character/paragon levels? Then it is an amazing idea!

In the second part of the skill system are supplementary skills and effects. Instead of slots, here we use skill points.

Oh, so he suggests that skill-points are added in the "supplementary" skills and not the "attacking" skills. The only problem: He never goes into detail as to what these skill-points will do? How does it affect skills?

Spend your skill points among this pool of skills (which includes passive effects and some active skills (e.g. teleport), but not those that would be considered attacks) to give access to, and to improve the effects of, those skills and passives.

The devil is in the detail. How would skill-points affect these "supplementary" skills? Reduced energy, cooldown and cumulative changes?

Don't ruin this section with generic DPS/Survivability boosts like Archery or Jungle Fortitude. The goal is to avoid efficiency and customization being at odds with eachother.

I agree. These skills ruined customization in the end-game. They are so clear-cut better, because of their boring DPS boosts, that they easily eliminate the viability of other useful/fun passives which players hope to use.
Reply Quote
Thanks for typing that. I agree with most of your points. The problem, however, lies in the core design of the skills which were tested in a "vacuum". They couldn't properly foresee the problems with broken builds such as Archon and CM in a "vacuum", but the developers have at least acknowledged the problems and are aiming to fix it.

If possible, could you maybe make suggestions to skills, which will make them more viable?

I know you probably want to post something concrete on your summary, but one: what I said is based on the premise of: all builds suck when compared to archon or CM, if they think this to be true, then good, they see it as a problem, if they are happy as is, then there is no point, two: only thing needed is common sense, all you need to do is grab any build you think would be cool to play and crunch the numbers until you can clear X number of enemies like archon or cm can, simple as that.

for instance, they way I figure builds should be are like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acQiYX!bUg!YcZaca

My logic behind this build is as follows, influenced by WoW spec , this one does a lot of arcane damage, you want to feel powerful in all circumstances, so it has one spell for single target to focus fire champions and bosses. It has one AOE spell for everyday white mob packs, it is desirable to have a third damage spell that could be whatever you think is cool (in this case hydra), or could be replaced for something with group utility, wait we have nothing like that. (maybe time warp or frost nova are group utility) and the 3 remaining are your "I don't want to die buttons" that also look cool.

Magic missile should be among the hardest hitting skills of all the game, because it hits one target (using it to clear packs of 50 enemies is not exactly efficient), in order to be worth a slot of the six, it must have a valid reason to be there, it must excel at something. it must do significantly more damage than AOE spells.

IMO the passive prodigy should be included as a side effect to all signature spells, even include the effect from items, your crits restore X amt of arcane power (since in this theory it will only proc of signature spells a higher amt than current 9-10 should be implemented).

This will encourage the use of signature spells. They are called signature spells because it was expected every wizard to at least use one, yet they are vastly ignored by most wizards.

If blizzards needs fans to tell them, hey! this spell should do 500% weapon damage instead of 125% so I don't feel like an idiot for choosing magic missile over X spell, then we are hopeless...

So, I'm sorry, not gonna go through the hassle of: "change this and have it instead do this" besides I think that is wrong. I just hope some at blizzard read this.

IMO, spells that take a spot on the action bar MUST DO SOMETHING COOL AND FUN, otherwise they are BOORING.

Magic Weapon, increases your damage, BOORING, if blizzard felt we were having damage issues why not just increase our damage, why think "well this is for players who feel their damage could be better", here have a band aid and sacrifice a button that could do something cool instead.

Familiar, again, like magic weapon, a button that fills gaps between your gear and the content you are going through... WHY? give us something that somehow changes the way we play or scrap it.

ARMORS This is were it gets really retarded, energy armor and ice armor, do the exact same thing just in a different way, but they both fulfill the same thing, (is dying a problem?, well spend some dollars on the AH or else sacrifice another spell slot for something that doesn't do anything fun), what?!, you guys creativity ran out? instead of being a band aid "hey, use this if you feel like you are dying too much" change them to something that completely changes how you play the game, for instance, storm armor + scramble rune, does change a bit how you play the wizard, sadly there is a movement speed cap thus greatly reducing the effectiveness once your gear is good. By the way I use energy armor because I happen to do die quite often without it. ALSO why does energy armor takes 20 arcane power way? HOW MANY OTHER SPELLS from any class have downsides attach to them?????!! What is up with glass cannon??

Mirror image well this one looks cool I'll give you that, but its kind of useless ins't it? I mean, if is not dying what u want, this one sometimes fails, sometimes monsters attack you and not the clones anyway, unlike teleport, frost nova or or diamond skin that work every time. This obviously needs to get some big upgrades because is not even good for what is meant to do, and in a game with 6 limited skill slots, its not worth having it, looking pretty ain't gonna cut it.

ARCHON. just a note here, when blizzard announced the skill calculator, before game launch date or any video previews, I imagined the archon spell to be ported straight from starcraft, I though how cool, makes the glass cannon ranged class the ultimate, beefy melee class for a few seconds, so for a few seconds I could play the ranged caster as the melee brute, I was like, so I can pick these spells that I like and then sometimes tranfor to archon and play a different style, a melee class, so two classes for the price of one, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME I thought.

Blizzard dev: NAAAAHHH we are just gonna give you the same spells and do tiny wipsy more damage at no arcane cost, when I saw it i was like... LAME. anyways perhaps my expectation was really hyped and over the top.
Reply Quote

So, basically its like "The Underground Passage" from Diablo II, where there are two exits in dungeons. One leads you to the Story door, and the other leads you to the endless dungeon. Or am I interpreting it wrong?
Well I was really talking about things like Cave of the Moon Clan, you can completely ignore. I'd like for those dungeons, the optional ones, like the Watchtower, optional dungeons that randomly appear on maps, I wish would be a lot longer and more rewarding. Something like Khazar Den where you get second sword piece and a talk with maghda, I don't want that !@#$ too be any longer because sometimes im trying to rush through the story.

2) New essence type to be used either by blacksmith or a new artisan... ...This essence can be used to a) add the affix to an existing weapon or b) guarantee the affix when crafting an applicable item.

Seems a bit too powerful don't you think. I like the core idea, but to implement in a fun way is really hard. I'd prefer the simple runeword system from Diablo II. Exact manipulation of gear is far too over-powering. A guaranteed affix is also too powerful, since Diablo has always been about randomized gear.

However, it could work as a gold-sink, but it would have to be really expensive - and I mean making crafting 1000's of those Archon Gear look cheap.

----
[/quote]This was just a generally basic idea I was throwing out. Obviously make some stipulation so its not too effective. You might add a chance to remove a random property from the item, but there is already the random part of it as in you have to find an item with the property you are salvaging. Blue items with only two affixes or one might have a chance to yield no special essence and you also gave up your chance for regular crafting mats. Yellow Items might randomly choose 1 or the 4, 5 or 6 properties on it.
Reply Quote
While most of your ideas are good, they would change the game so much that it might be almost a whole new game. I don't mean it in a bad way, but you have really, really drastic wishes :D
Reply Quote
07/17/2013 12:50 PMPosted by aniruddha
While most of your ideas are good, they would change the game so much that it might be almost a whole new game. I don't mean it in a bad way, but you have really, really drastic wishes :D

The small changes are not meant to be drastic. :) If they are, could you point them out? I'll concede to the big changes being quite drastic - Hence the category title!
Reply Quote
A AH improvement I'd like too see is to ability to remove non winning bids from you current bids window. It can get cluttered looking for an item you want amongst expired bids and bids beyond what you can pay. Or you've won one of the item so want to remove the others you've been keeping an eye on.
Reply Quote
Small UI changes

Details page needs to be adjusted so you don't need to scroll for 2 extra lines of txt, stupid design there is heaps of room!.

Hotkey to go straight to details page, or even just display Details page, without showing character( i just thought of this, oh man that would be great to be able to see your stats without taking up 2/3 the screen)

My current pet peeves with the UI.

quest and skills dialog boxes taking up the middle of the screen

this is an ACTION RPG<> nothing should cover up your character.

urgh almost died so many times, because fighting an elite and another player clicks on a boss fight.

Skills screen is just as bad, move them both to the left!!!
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 04:04 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

Can you find a link? I wouldn't mind reading that; it'd be interesting to see exactly what their thinking was. I Googled the subject, and Bashiok's comments were the only thing that came across that seemed on point.
Reply Quote
Bumping because you can never have too many threads filled with constructive suggestions on the front page. Plus, there are a couple of itemization ideas on the list.
Reply Quote
Here is another one, sorry if been mentioned already (sort of easy mode for "crying" players, rather than nerfing monsters):

- All monster affixes listed in the Game Option GIU and can be selected/deselected. Loot table adjusted accordingly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]