Diablo® III

Is it possible to craft max DPS/Stats for weapons?

I recall them saying that ilvl 61-63 can roll up to the same dps. I know that the chance isn't reliable, that's not what I'm asking. I am asking if it is possible to get the very maximum stats/dps for any craftable weapon with 6 rolls?
Reply Quote
Sounds like ur not talking strictly "max" stats, so if thats the case you can get pretty damn high. Both of my older weps for my barb that i loved using that were high end and crafted were a lvl 62 exalted grand conquest sword and massacre axe i belive it was. I know the conquest swords plans went up in price after dupe day since so many of the good items were snagged up and not replaced since not everything was rolled back or got placed back into the market. The conquest sword i had 1.1k dps, 111 str, 2.9 ls, 63 chd, and an open socket. I cant quite remember the axes dps, but i believe it had around 150 str, 60+ chd possibly 59%, open socket, and 2.6-3 ls. The axe had its dps at at least 1.1k if not almost 1.2k.

Sword is saved on my d3up but i cant remember the name of the axe so i cant find it on there atm. Also as a side note, lots of ppl snagged up the lvl 62 plans for weps after dupe day to try and make some items of their own or to throw up in the AH since ppl were charging basically whatever they wanted for good weapons for a while after the servers were brought back up.
Reply Quote
Well, let me be more specific. A hammer with str/str+vit/socket/LS/CD can roll something like 1,300 dps. Is it possible to roll that with crafting?
Reply Quote
why would it not be possible? there are no restrictions between a mob's drop and the crafts. at the blacksmith u can still roll +%dmg, min/max dmg, elemental damage, IAS, which will influence your DPS reading directly. and of course LS/LoH/Socket also can all be rolled.

so no, i dont see any reason it wouldnt be possible. you could roll a hammer with min/max dmg, %dmg, CHD, socket, LS and that would only be 6 props. sometimes u get a 7th roll that might even throw u a main stat.

keep in mind we're just discussing whats POSSIBLE, i neednt mention what the odds are of rolling something like that.
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 01:51 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Well, let me be more specific. A hammer with str/str+vit/socket/LS/CD can roll something like 1,300 dps. Is it possible to roll that with crafting?

No. Crafted rares always roll the minimum base DPS of the given item, dropped rares roll within a min-max base range that allows for a slight advantage.

As an example;

Dropped; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/galraki (238.6–246.4)

vs

Crafted; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/exalted-grand-galraki (238.6)
Reply Quote
wow! learnt something today; with %dmg and IAS rolls that little dps difference could become something substantial. but still, i wouldnt say its too far off...
Reply Quote
why would it not be possible? there are no restrictions between a mob's drop and the crafts. at the blacksmith u can still roll +%dmg, min/max dmg, elemental damage, IAS, which will influence your DPS reading directly. and of course LS/LoH/Socket also can all be rolled.

so no, i dont see any reason it wouldnt be possible. you could roll a hammer with min/max dmg, %dmg, CHD, socket, LS and that would only be 6 props. sometimes u get a 7th roll that might even throw u a main stat.

keep in mind we're just discussing whats POSSIBLE, i neednt mention what the odds are of rolling something like that.

You've got a good point and this is why most of the top 1h weapons are in fact crafted. Even though dropped rares can roll possibly higher they are much harder to come by in the abundance required to get a good roll.

For the crafted item you can just keep buying mats and craft to your hearts content, you are only limited by what you can afford.

For the dropped item you need to actually farm for it and play the RNG game. So in the time it takes you to farm for 1 drop, you could have already crafted an indefinite amount via the blacksmith.
Reply Quote
but u proved that a dropped weapon can reach a max that a crafted cannot, so although what i said is generally more feasible when trying to get the best weapon, it means the answer to OP's question is a flat NO.

hmmmm, given the difference, i'll still hit the anvil though, if i were a dual wielder. what with skorns flooding the market there is little incentive to craft 2 handers.
Reply Quote
Well, out of curiosity, anyone know the very best weapon to have come out of crafting?
Reply Quote
but u proved that a dropped weapon can reach a max that a crafted cannot, so although what i said is generally more feasible when trying to get the best weapon, it means the answer to OP's question is a flat NO.

hmmmm, given the difference, i'll still hit the anvil though, if i were a dual wielder. what with skorns flooding the market there is little incentive to craft 2 handers.

True, but a 2 handed mace could potentially roll way way better than a skorn. Of course this would require that the planets aligned perfectly.
Reply Quote
is it true a crafted sword can only roll up to like 65 cd? i read that somewhere. ive got a ton of essences from farming lately...and i kinda want better weapons for all my HC toons XD
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah its true crafted weapons c an not roll over a certain CD%, 65 sounds about right. If you search the AH long enough for like 1 handed weps, you'll see most every conquest sword is 45-65%

The crafted weps can roll good main stat, 3% LS, all the other stats, but youll always get your absolute BIS item from drops, not crafts for weapons.
Reply Quote
Yeah its true crafted weapons c an not roll over a certain CD%, 65 sounds about right. If you search the AH long enough for like 1 handed weps, you'll see most every conquest sword is 45-65%

The crafted weps can roll good main stat, 3% LS, all the other stats, but youll always get your absolute BIS item from drops, not crafts for weapons.

I've rolled 100% CD a lot of times. Just getting a good one with over 65% CD is rare.
Reply Quote
alright, ive tried crafting a bit, but never seen anything better than a 850 dps with ls/os lol.

oh wait i got a -10 level axe with lifesteal or something that was a good sale haha (made most of my crafting money back XD)
Reply Quote
View profile

I've rolled 100% CD a lot of times. Just getting a good one with over 65% CD is rare.

Are you rolling 2handers? Cause Im fairly positive Ilvl62 1H items cap out at 40% damage, and 65% CD...

No one crafts 2handers :P, doomhammers the only thing that can come close to a skorn.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 6/28/2013 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I crafted 1,000 daggers a few days ago. I found quite a few 80%+. None of them were any good of course.
Reply Quote
I'm 99.9999999999999% sure that the cap on the crafted weapons is 40% ed and 65% crit.
If someone could link a profile with a crafted 1h'r with more, I'll eat my words.

06/28/2013 03:26 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
I crafted 1,000 daggers a few days ago. I found quite a few 80%+. None of them were any good of course.

Your barbs axe is the typical example of a high end craft. 39% ED and 61% crit, the same can be said about the sword on my Wiz.
Reply Quote
I'm 99.9999999999999% sure that the cap on the crafted weapons is 40% ed and 65% crit.
If someone could link a profile with a crafted 1h'r with more, I'll eat my words.

Your barbs axe is the typical example of a high end craft. 39% ED and 61% crit, the same can be said about the sword on my Wiz.

I could be mistaken, but I am pretty positive I crafted one over 80%. I'll probably craft more at a later time, but for now (especially since nobody is buying a single thing), I will postpone until it's worth my money.
Reply Quote
crafted weapons are ilvl 62 and only roll up to ilvl 62 stats. that's enough for decent dps but you will NEVER get more than 65(?)% CD and you will never get top DPS.
I'm 100% sure on this.

relevant affixes:
1h
+(36-40)% Damage "Savage" Prefix
+(98-255)-(229-598) Damage "of Malice" Suffix (1H)
!!!+(112-296)-(261-687) Damage!!! not sure about this one, no affixe name listed but is ilvl 62
Critical Hit Damage Increased by (61-65)% "Deadly" Prefix
+(150-169) Strength "of Assault" Suffix

edit: 3% LS is a ilvl 61 affix and can therefore roll on craftweapons of ilvl 61+

2h:
Critical Hit Damage Increased by (122-130)% "Deadly" Prefix
+(36-40)% Damage "Savage" Prefix
+(121-428)-(283-989) Damage "of Malice" suffix <-- ilvl 61 has higher maxrolls than the ilvl62???
+(240-269) Strength "of Assault" suffix
Edited by DarkJack#2600 on 6/28/2013 4:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys are all derps haha!

The + weapon damage on lvl 63 goes up to 50% and critical damage upto 100%

Theoretically a dropped weapon off a 63 monster can roll ilvl 63 affixes. They can be better than crafted, but its really rare. The reason you see so many good crafted weapons is because of the gold farmers. It got to a point where they had so much gold they couldnt sell it all. Well rolled weapons are your best bet to sell for $$$. The plan than is, use all the gold theyve accumulated (and crafting mats) and they cant sell for $$$. Use the surplus to craft weapons. Sell the very best ones on RMAH. And the other decent ones on GAH. Eventually now its just flooded with so many good weapons its insane.

The gold farmers are in the business of making $$ of this game. When the gold stopped selling and prices dropped they looked for another avenue to turn the gold into money. Which was crafting weapons.

Anyways. Theoretically you could drop a weapon with +50% damage and +100% crit damage. Crafted weapons are level 62. So it would be like farming act 2 on mp0 and getting conquest swords and galrakis.

The thing is, these gold farmers (bots) can craft these weapons by the thousands. They can craft more in a day than you could farm in months. And if one of them sells for 50 bucks. It was a profit. Because the price of gold has gotten so low that its more profitable to craft..

Anyways I think you guys follow now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]