Diablo® III

Group PvE 'events' outside the regular game

I was wondering... why are there no group PvE events outside of the regular game?

What I mean by this is something along the lines of joining a queue to be auto-matched into an event of some kind (defending an outpost against attacks, assaulting a bastion of Hell with certain named monsters, going and rescuing someone, fighting through hordes to get at a special item to bring back to camp, etc.).

You could even go so far as having some sort of weekly Siege event to destroy Hell siege engines or take over a whole area or castles/camps and even have a big map showing progress towards capturing all of an area before a weekly reset comes along and it starts over again or something.

These sort of events could be very easily developed in very little time with the map and scripting tools Blizzard have set up for this game, so why has this sort of thing not been done yet? It could add huge variety alongside the current 'monster slaying' mode, and provide a buff once per day for 1 or 2 hours, as well as the possibility for a new uber item like the Hellfire ring overarching the whole 'daily events'.

Over time, with enough random events in the list there could be such a large variety, as well as providing something for people to pop in and do quickly if they don't have a lot of time to play or to do before they spend a couple of hours 'monster slaying' because it would give them some advantage or bonus.

Oh well, I guess this will get lost in all the other ideas posts and Blizzard will never listen to any of it. Maybe I should stop having faith in their so called "designers" and become a games designer myself! In fact, yeah, I'll do that this afternoon... I've got nothing else planned anyway and should be able to fit that in before my hair cut later :S lol
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 03:48 AMPosted by Vandragorax
What I mean by this is something along the lines of joining a queue to be auto-matched into an event of some kind (defending an outpost against attacks, assaulting a bastion of Hell with certain named monsters, going and rescuing someone, fighting through hordes to get at a special item to bring back to camp, etc.).

This is actually a cool / Fun idea and for that reason it will never be in Diablo 3
Reply Quote
Well, considering it is Activision Blizzard... I see no reason why there is no "zombie" mode.

They already have it in the game for chrissakes.. The Jar of Souls event. Just keep it going indefinitly until you and your whole team dies.. They can get 10% damage 10% health and faster/more spawns every 30 seconds or so

There doesnt need to be rewards for it. It would still be fun. Can you guys have this coded in by next week? I see no reason why not.
Reply Quote
They had no plans for such things because they thought what they had was somehow more than enough to satisfy the players. They probably still don't have any plans.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]