Diablo® III

=Hex/Horrify/MC= Improvements: Your Thoughts?

I would describe myself as an 'adequate' WD. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kovas-1780/hero/16386562

144,525.22 DPS
314,395.77 EHP

Therefore, I would like to suggest a few changes to some of my favorite WD spells to make them more popular and, ideally, (since we all know Blizz won't see/care about this) get a little approval from my fellow denizens of Sanctuary.

Hex
I. Love. This. Spell.

It's hilarious, is great for CC, and every party loves % dmg buffs. However, two of it's 5 runes are extremely underwhelming and almost never used.

Hedge Magic - "Heals for 1861 hp (at lvl 60)"
While ths rune is quite effective in normal difficulty, 1861 worth of healing loses its value at around level 30.

My suggestion: Change it to "Heals for 8% of the targets max HP."
Reasoning: The fetish only really heals two-three times max during his tenure. Having the heal be a % of max life keeps its utility throughout all levels, and can really help party members in a 'healing-support' class function. I mean if Monks can heal party members for 10k, why can't THE SUPPORT-MAGE actually support?

Unstable Form - "Hexed target explodes for 135% weapon dmg w/in 8 yards"
135% is just not enough damage considering the utility of other spells or even the Jinx rune, and at 8 yards is rarely effective. On top of it all, chickens can be extremely hard to see and the hexed enemy is actually 'saved' for last by a party simply b/c it is rarely seen.

My suggestion: Make it explode for either 80% of THE TARGETS MAX HP; or 255% weapon damage within a 15 yard radius.
Reasoning: Something has to change. Overall, the rune does too little damage to too little of an area. Buff one (por que no los dos!?) and profit. And considering the Monk has the Exploding Palm move for 50% of targets max life, I don't see this being terribly OP as a CD spell.

Horrify
I actually feel solid on this spells runes, so the change I am suggesting has more to do with its mechanics, rather than it's effectiveness.

My suggestion: Make the fear proc CONTINUOUSLY while it's being cast.
Reasoning: This is 2nd best "Oh-Poop!" button in the WD arsenal behind Spirit Walk. Having it proc throughout the duration ACTUALLY GIVES YOU A CHANCE to weave out of combat. As it stands now, the closest enemies back up a few paces, are now shoulder-to-shoulder with the enemies that were outside the fear range, and actually can make it HARDER to escape.

Mass Confusion
This is arguably one of the more popular spells in WD arsenal right now, especially in mp 10, because of it's Paranoia rune debuff of 20% additional dmg to targets w/in the radius. However, this single rune effect is the only reason this spell is used at all and even points out the glaring issue with the spell; CONFUSED ENEMIES DON'T DO JACK-DIDDLY!

My suggestion: Confused enemies have their AI changed to that of an actual pet[/b]
Reasoning: The confusion proc is already based on a % chance, so why not have the instances WHERE IT ACTUALLY AFFLICTS AN ENEMY create a real benefit for the WD. I frequently cast MC in massive packs to have maybe two at most out of 30+ mobs stop targeting me. What's the point of the little blue spiral over their head if they are still tyring to kill me?. This ACTUAL utility would even make the other MC runes more viable since their benefits would vastly improve with the confused AI actually working.

TL;DR: If you think Hex, Horrify, and Mass Confusion are cool but underwhelming, bump this post.
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 6/28/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Everyone always wants to improve the skills that are already popular... I mean really some guys complain about COB for heavens sake.

What about improving skills NO ONE uses like toad of hugeness, or just about any primary, any zombie charger skill other than bears, etc....
Reply Quote
Everyone always wants to improve the skills that are already popular... I mean really some guys complain about COB for heavens sake.

What about improving skills NO ONE uses like toad of hugeness, or just about any primary, any zombie charger skill other than bears, etc....

Agree with you 100%, especially on primaries. Disgraceful that they would even call them "Primary" when most high mp builds don't even use them. I use Snake to the Face, b/c with the Bruiser garg, you can keep a single target perma-stunned.

And, actually, I like Toad of Hugeness in mp1-6, since (with Hex), it's a full CC of a single unit and helps focus tremendously. But ,yea...its dmg is very, very sad.
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 6/28/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If the fa rune for horrify removed the fear I would use it. But I find it as a inconvience to break my channel to run away and cast it so that I don't fear the enemy's. So I use hex and mc instead and have no problems on mp10 even with rd just have to be careful. But imagine being able to alternate between sw and horrify if there was no fear on it. It would he sick
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 10:03 AMPosted by EvoIution
If the fa rune for horrify removed the fear I would use it. But I find it as a inconvience to break my channel to run away and cast it so that I don't fear the enemy's. So I use hex and mc instead and have no problems on mp10 even with rd just have to be careful. But imagine being able to alternate between sw and horrify if there was no fear on it. It would he sick

Good point. Fear, in general, is counter productive given the way parties work. Lord knows how much I hate Echoing Fury.

Or just get rid of Umbral Shock and give it FA's effect.

*drooling sounds*
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 6/28/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]