Diablo® III

PS3 version. 720 or 1080P

On a side note... An MvP mentioned upscaling on the console would cause peformence issues? No... Not something as simple as that it's a tiny amount of data for a GPU to smash through it does 100X the math every frame for 3D processing a simple algorythm is nothing.

I've also tested this with my xbox360 and it runs exactly the same in 720p or upscaled to 1080p.

The Xbox 360 has a hardware scaler built in. For systems like the PS3 which have to do it in software, there is a performance hit.

Yeah the Xbox360 uses a custom Nvidia Geforce 7000 series video card which simply doesn't support 1080p (Hence the dedicated upscaler hardware that TheTias mentioned). PS3 (and PS2? Or is that also an upscaler?) can achieve 1080p though, but at dramatic cost to performance so you usually see it in games that don't feature huge draw distances or complex graphics.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
The PS2 can achieve 720x480P as its maximum resolution, which is standard DVD resolution
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
07/08/2013 05:00 PMPosted by DarrelShark
I created a thread with the same question a while ago. Didn't get any solid answer but I agree that it's most likely the ps3 version will look slightly worse with its 720p vs upscaled 1080p on 360.

Don't think so as TV's, or at least mine, already does upscaling (and does a better job)
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
07/12/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Decapitator
Yeah the Xbox360 uses a custom Nvidia Geforce 7000

Weren't the original 360's ATI based, and/or did they change to NVidia after AMD took over?
Reply Quote
View profile
07/22/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Fernaby
Yeah the Xbox360 uses a custom Nvidia Geforce 7000

Weren't the original 360's ATI based, and/or did they change to NVidia after AMD took over?

Wow that is so wrong you can't even make that up.

360 is AMD(ATI)

The first Xbox was Nvidia, but then there was some shaky dealing going on so MS went with AMD for the 360.

Also the PS2 can do 1080i with component cables. I ran Gran Turismo 4 like this.
Reply Quote
This was asked in the past but never answered.
will the PS3 version be in 1080p which no doubt the 360 will be.
Anyone ?
Thanks
The PS3 version of Diablo III will use a 720p resolution.

POOPY!
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 11:12 PMPosted by Drothvader
Actually, they'll look exactly the same.

If you've seen ps3 games at 720p and upscaled 360 ones, you should know the upscaled looks a bit better. It's not as good as native 1080p but it's definitely better than straight 720.
Reply Quote
What's worse it ppl actually think this matters in a game like Diablo 3... Oh well, maybe "those" ppl will migrate over to the xbox 360, as I know what type of crowd "those" are anyway. haha :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]