Diablo® III

CoB Questions

Hey guys,

Recently started playing WD and I've been reading up on threads about CoB. I've played it and like the build.

Just a few questions that I haven't seen answered in guides or searches

Most people shy away from attack speed, is that right? I notice you don't spend as much mana with less attack speed. I read in one thread the 'sweet spot' was 1.5-1.55 attack speed with a 1h weapon, is this true? Are there breakpoints for CoB like there is for WW and HotA on barbs or CM wiz?

If you don't use much attack speed, is 4 slots of Zuni's really necessary? I could easily upgrade my pox to a rare ring or unity (also I'm in the middle of purchasing a new Marrow right now, I know mine is pretty bad). (Also if I get more serious I'll either get a new inna's or invest in some rare pants)

Most people use 2h for ubers, is that just because the extra lifesteal is necessary and slower mana use?

Also if you have any upgrades for me (gloves, rings, pants, witching hour, bracers) feel free to respond here of add me IG, I have about 400m to spend (xnyudox#1384)

Thanks for your help :)
Reply Quote
06/29/2013 05:59 PMPosted by xNyudox
Most people use 2h for ubers, is that just because the extra lifesteal is necessary and slower mana use?

Maybe not necessary - but Siege is insane with his RD so Skorn helps a ton there.

f you don't use much attack speed, is 4 slots of Zuni's really necessary?

Again, not 100% necessary, but the 4 piece set bonus is amazing. If you are going 1H route I dont see why you wouldn't want it. Mana is the key to DPS, and DPS the key to lifesteal. If you run out of mana you have to run away or die. All the zuni pieces are decent. I would highly recommend it.

Most people shy away from attack speed, is that right? I notice you don't spend as much mana with less attack speed. I read in one thread the 'sweet spot' was 1.5-1.55 attack speed with a 1h weapon, is this true?

Attack speed is DPS, especially if running COB. However, like I mentioned above, no mana = very bad. You want to support the level of attack speed that you can based on mana stats on gear. (Hence why a zuni helm is great....for the max mana stat)

I've been running around with a 1H at 1.88 attack speed and huge DPS and I'm totally fine mana wise. BUT I also have +Max Mana on my helm and mojo and mana regen on my mojo. The mana regen rune for Jaunt is amazing as well. Use it.
Edited by James1v12#1875 on 6/29/2013 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you. I'm doing most of what you suggested already.

I think I might invest in a skorn for ubers. The extra lifesteal will definitely be beneficial and it will erase any worry of running short on mana during the fight.

Besides getting more crit chance, does anyone see any blaringly obvious gearing mistakes?

I'm still looking into new pants, but I need the vitality pretty badly right now - when I switch to skorn I'll be losing like 12k life :/ So I might need to pick up some more vit somehow.
Reply Quote
I think I might invest in a skorn for ubers. The extra lifesteal will definitely be beneficial and it will erase any worry of running short on mana during the fight.Besides getting more crit chance, does anyone see any blaringly obvious gearing mistakes?

If you're on the Skorn path, CHC is Skorn's best friend.

I wrote something about CoB techniques for the different situations in-game, with videos.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377149098

Your BT pants can get another 200 extra vit. Just choose either Armor or AR. I'd suggest you allow your AR to drop a bit, you really don't need that much if you have double dose of lifesteal.
Reply Quote
I don't really have much to add - it's all sound advice. The only thing I would suggest is switching your pants to a pair of rares. A pair with +120 intel, +200 vit, +65AR, + armor and double sockets should be very cheap and they will help a lot more than Blackthornes. LoH is a wasted slot on a wd unless you use Acid Cloud or Rain of Toads (both bad spells to use with a bats setup). That's why you'll see almost every wd with rare pants or Innas (for movement speed).

I would also suggest using a Skorn permanently, not just for ubers. Skorn allows you to have more attack speed without running into mana issues and the 6% life steal allows you to tank longer, allowing you to do more damage.
Reply Quote
must it be a 6 LS skorn? Can a 5LS be as good?
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 02:55 AMPosted by subzer0
must it be a 6 LS skorn? Can a 5LS be as good?

anything from 5-6% is good, as long as your dps is decent for it
Reply Quote
Attack speed is not an issue especially for COB as long as you have zuni set. If you have mana problems with 1h it just means your gear is wrong or your dps is wrong for mp you're playing. 6% LS is not a panacea eighter - you can live with 3 LS just fine and have no trouble tanking RD. Although going skorn is probably valid choise for a budget and easier game play. Buying a good 1h and good mojo can be a big pain.too.
Edited by KyKaH#2425 on 7/1/2013 4:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a pretty decent 1h and offhand I think.

My hp problems are gone now, I rarely die on MP10 unless I'm lazy or too greedy.

I need to find a little bit more armor and a little more crit chance and crit damage and I think I'm good to go :)

Thanks guys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]