Diablo® III

Still no Team Deathmatch. I want a refund.

They've 'promised' (read: not really promised) a lot of content that never saw the light of day in WoW, you don't see people saying they want a refund for not having the Dance Studio or Path of the Titans implemented in the game now do you?

Stop acting like an entitled brat and grow up.

Prommising and advertising are 2 different things
And even if it wasn´t.
Imagine WoW with no PvP after advertising it and making people pay monthly fees and then tellign them after half a year that they didn´t do !@#$ and telling them to patiently wait some more .... now I am pretty shure that would have angered the people a LOT!.
Apparently cause D3 does not have nay fees Bizz seems 2 think that thei job is done after earning %^-* loads of $ through the title alone.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Doobz
It shouldn't be an "Arena system" like WoW where its so organized/competitive... They should just have casual fun PvP Team Deathmatch or something where its just team with most kills wins atleast... I find it funny that the Video in the "About Diablo3" section of the website still talks about D3 getting PvP BGs or Arenas...

Why not?
And why not both?
Simple PvP game creation, like in the ol days wich is somehow what we currently have ... well without team dm, only 1 map and ... nvm, it´s still somewhat close.
And as an addition the promised matchmaking balanced PvP with self assambled teams. random teams, free 4 all, 1vs1, 2vs2, u name it.
If you don like a balanced PvP with matchmaking and wich require skills and taktiks then don use it ... stick to the selfmade games wich can be tons of fun 2.
Reply Quote
it is kind of disgusting how they mislead so many honest fans.
Reply Quote
the people who followed the game since production got screwed, the people with little to no expectations and ugly girlfriends are happy. it's that simple.
Reply Quote
All in all, I wish you all the worst. Keep buying, keep getting cheated and keep posting. It really shows how entertaining this game is when people would rather post on the forums than actually playing the game.
There used to be TV series called "Tales from the Crypt". Your posts make me thing of something along the lines of "Tales from the Psychic Ward".
Till the next episode...

So I see you were burned by my last reply huh. You just couldn't take it could you. Look if I were to buy any game solely because of PvP like this one. Full well knowing that PvP has always been a side dish and not the main attraction. I would've bought a different game. I would've gotten into games like League of Legends if I only wanted a game where I was PvP'ing all day long.

I have not and will never buy a game solely based on one feature or even a small handful of features. Also like many other gamers are very understanding when the company tells us why they are doing what they are doing. Keeping us informed as much as possible helps. Blizz did do that with the arenas btw.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Noxifer
The only thing I learned from this thread is that there is a lot of people on these forums, who think it is OK, perfectly natural and in the order of things for Blizzard to scam us out of content and advertised features. What I don't understand is why, I can only guess.

It is not a scam. You knew before you bought the game that it wouldn't have PvP. If you didn't know, that is your own fault. PvP will be put in, it will not cost money. It will take time. They did once say that it would be shortly after release then came back and stated that it wasn't up to the quality that they wanted. At that point they released Brawling. Not really PvP, but still something for some people to do (and still do enjoy).

If you think it was false advertising, then just leave Blizzard's forums completely and go report/sue them. Otherwise, all you are doing at this point is trolling.
Reply Quote
i think they should get sued for giving their players false expectations, its an ethics lawsuit, a year and a half is more than enough time to implement the pvp they advertised, if they didnt advertise prerelease i would understand why they are not getting sued, but they did advertise, and we are still waiting, or atleast the people still playing is, i came on this forum today to see if there was any pvp news but nope still none(i havent checked in 3 months). if any lawyers are out there i would like to hire to get my money back, this is stupid and sick how companies can mislead their customers and get away with their money, i understand its a business but my money is hard earned, !@#$ing blizzard i hope u rot in hell with MS, APPLE, EA, UBI, FBI, NSA, CIA, and the %^-*ing !@#.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:26 AMPosted by DragonFlyy
The only thing I learned from this thread is that there is a lot of people on these forums, who think it is OK, perfectly natural and in the order of things for Blizzard to scam us out of content and advertised features. What I don't understand is why, I can only guess.

It is not a scam. You knew before you bought the game that it wouldn't have PvP. If you didn't know, that is your own fault. PvP will be put in, it will not cost money. It will take time. They did once say that it would be shortly after release then came back and stated that it wasn't up to the quality that they wanted. At that point they released Brawling. Not really PvP, but still something for some people to do (and still do enjoy).

If you think it was false advertising, then just leave Blizzard's forums completely and go report/sue them. Otherwise, all you are doing at this point is trolling.

you are wrong, it basically is a scam in terms of false advertising. Many people pre-ordered the game expecting the PvP previewed, and it was not until right before the game released that everyone learned PvP would not be added until a later patch. I doubt that anyone, including Blizzard themselves expected the delay to mean that PvP would still not exist in the game over a year after release. Due process counts for a lot in all things. Maybe you cannot sue Blizzard for their mistakes, but who in the world is going to be content and complacent about the major gaming company, promoting a game with specific and vital features as main selling points to at least half of their fan base, and then taking those features out just before release and trashing it all a few months afterwards? Then several months later, over a year after release, there still has yet to be any mention of improvements to this vital game feature that was expected by many as one of the primary reasons to try the game in the first place.

If you are defending Blizzard on this in any way, you are simply a fool. I'm sure the next time you go to a restaurant and order a steak with potatoes and a salad, and you get fish and chips instead, you are just going to eat what you get, pay the extra 10 bucks for the steak you did not get, and be content about it. I guess if it is your favorite place to eat usually you will just let !@#$ like that slide right? Idiots.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:47 AMPosted by UGotGanked

you are wrong, it basically is a scam in terms of false advertising. Many people pre-ordered the game expecting the PvP previewed, and it was not until right before the game released that everyone learned PvP would not be added until a later patch. I doubt that anyone, including Blizzard themselves expected the delay to mean that PvP would still not exist in the game over a year after release. Due process counts for a lot in all things. Maybe you cannot sue Blizzard for their mistakes, but who in the world is going to be content and complacent about the major gaming company, promoting a game with specific and vital features as main selling points to at least half of their fan base, and then taking those features out just before release and trashing it all a few months afterwards? Then several months later, over a year after release, there still has yet to be any mention of improvements to this vital game feature that was expected by many as one of the primary reasons to try the game in the first place.

If you are defending Blizzard on this in any way, you are simply a fool. I'm sure the next time you go to a restaurant and order a steak with potatoes and a salad, and you get fish and chips instead, you are just going to eat what you get, pay the extra 10 bucks for the steak you did not get, and be content about it. I guess if it is your favorite place to eat usually you will just let !@#$ like that slide right? Idiots.

False advertising has to have intent in order for it to be false. I would not doubt the same is true for misleading, even under CA law there has to be intent. Also saying that PvP is a main feature, when anyone that has ever played a Diablo game knows that PvP is a side dish, instead of the main dish. Players that were thinking they were buying a Diablo style of League of Legends only have themselves to blame.
Reply Quote
So I see you were burned by my last reply huh. You just couldn't take it could you. Look if I were to buy any game solely because of PvP like this one. Full well knowing that PvP has always been a side dish and not the main attraction. I would've bought a different game. I would've gotten into games like League of Legends if I only wanted a game where I was PvP'ing all day long.

I have not and will never buy a game solely based on one feature or even a small handful of features. Also like many other gamers are very understanding when the company tells us why they are doing what they are doing. Keeping us informed as much as possible helps. Blizz did do that with the arenas btw.

And? You're trying to convince someone else to have your opinion because.. you have that opinion. That's retarded. Nobody cares and it doesn't matter that you would buy a different game for PvP needs. It also doesn't matter that you think PvP isn't the main attraction. This is because these were complaints voiced by people who DID purchase it for PvP needs, and who DO think it's the main attraction. So none of what you said was actually remotely relevant nor did it really matter. Just because you don't have that perspective it doesn't inherently make it an argument for not having it.

They also did not keep you informed as much as possible. Jay Wilson tweeted that there would be a big blog post on PvP coming just as Christmas sales were starting, and they delayed this announcement of the scrapped PvP until just after the holiday sales were over just to maximize profits by keeping the scrapping of this feature in the dark for as long as profitably possible.
07/03/2013 12:02 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
False advertising has to have intent in order for it to be false. I would not doubt the same is true for misleading, even under CA law there has to be intent. Also saying that PvP is a main feature, when anyone that has ever played a Diablo game knows that PvP is a side dish, instead of the main dish. Players that were thinking they were buying a Diablo style of League of Legends only have themselves to blame.

Anyone that has ever played? I played D2 and there were plenty of people there to whom PvP was the endgame. They farmed and did runs and geared up for PvP, and that was what they did. Again you are imposing your opinion as if it's an argument, which is utterly retarded. Protip: if the line "Uh, no." is a valid counter-argument to what you just said; it's not really that good of an argument.
Reply Quote
While I 100% agree that players got screwed on this in a very unfair way, to say it was a scam is to say they purposefully said there would be arenas knowing that was not the case. I do not believe that happened. This wasn't a case of dishonesty, just of really horrible mismanagement. Getting screwed by incompetence is maybe slightly less upsetting then getting screwed by liars? Meh.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 04:53 PMPosted by yovargas
While I 100% agree that players got screwed on this in a very unfair way, to say it was a scam is to say they purposefully said there would be arenas knowing that was not the case. I do not believe that happened. This wasn't a case of dishonesty, just of really horrible mismanagement. Getting screwed by incompetence is maybe slightly less upsetting then getting screwed by liars? Meh.

Very true. But still, sweeping it under the rug like this isn't an issue of competence. Not shedding light on the subject or talking future plans is a very deliberate action. They're choosing to leave us in the dark. That might not be lying or scamming, but it's a bit underhanded if you ask me. They know people have been looking forward to this for a long time now, and they choose to just let it go up in smoke.
Reply Quote
Mistakes happen believe it or not. Not sure why everyone wants to play victim.

What a bunch of entitled nerds.

I can understand mistakes. What I don't understand is continuing to insinuate that you're going to fix said mistake, and that's it. You just say you're going to fix it, make everyone believe you're going to fix it, and here it is more than a year later and nada.

And I can understand why people 'play the victim'. As Blizzard made it understood, PVP batlgrounds would inevitably come a few months after launch, and for free. PVP was part of the value of the game. It's like they took part of that value from people.

But yeah totally, people are like totally entitled nerds when they want something they paid for.
Reply Quote
And? You're trying to convince someone else to have your opinion because.. you have that opinion. That's retarded. Nobody cares and it doesn't matter that you would buy a different game for PvP needs. It also doesn't matter that you think PvP isn't the main attraction. This is because these were complaints voiced by people who DID purchase it for PvP needs, and who DO think it's the main attraction. So none of what you said was actually remotely relevant nor did it really matter. Just because you don't have that perspective it doesn't inherently make it an argument for not having it.

They also did not keep you informed as much as possible. Jay Wilson tweeted that there would be a big blog post on PvP coming just as Christmas sales were starting, and they delayed this announcement of the scrapped PvP until just after the holiday sales were over just to maximize profits by keeping the scrapping of this feature in the dark for as long as profitably possible.

Blizz is the type of company that does not hand out information willy nilly. They now if they put out information on feature x long before they are ready to tell us. They will get burned if that feature is not in the game or is greatly changed. They were working on it trying to get it up to their standards. They wanted a system that would be fun for a long time. But that did not materialize concerning arenas.

Sure they could've thrown arena PvP at us but what would've been the end result. Millions would've tried it out, but after a few hours they would've gotten bored with it. Where you would only have around 10,000 to 50,000 players playing in the arenas worldwide. That would not have been enough players to make it worth the effort the devs put into it.

For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth. Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly. We've brought a lot of people in to try out Team Deathmatch and, while some found it entertaining, most of our testers didn't feel like it was something they'd want to do beyond a few hours. Without more varied objectives, or very lucrative rewards, few saw our current iteration as something they'd want spend a lot of time in.

Another is class balance. Like Diablo II, Diablo III was designed to be a PvE-first kind of game, where we never compromised on player abilities in the name of future PvP balance. We want to be able to carry over as many of the crazy runes, items, and skills as possible, with their crazy effects, and alter them as little as possible. In a casual PvP mode, something equivalent to a WoW Battleground, this would be fine, but Team Deathmatch felt very hardcore, and it put a laser focus on class balance in a way that we didn’t think would be good for the game as a whole.

Depth is a word that they used in the blog to tell us one of the reasons why the arena PvP would not work. While it would be fun for some, the majority that would give it try would not want to spend a lot of time in it. In fact most of their testers did not want to spend a lot of hours in it.

Notice how in that blog that D2 is PvE first, not PvP first and PvE second. You would know if D2 was PvP first and foremost. In a PvP focused game you would not have any quests at all. You would not have any monsters to fight. You would be there for one purpose only and that is to kick the snot out of each other. You would gain gear, in game currency (gold), and level all by PvP'ing. You skills would be tuned only for PvP, which is something that they do not want to do. They do not want to make changes to skills in the name of future PvP balance.

Although my personal opinion is that they could give us the arena the way that it was in it's last iteration alongside of brawling. Then add in something similar to the WoW battlegrounds that they mentioned in the blog that I quoted. This way they would have three different forms of PvP; brawling, arena, battlegrounds (Diablo style).

Anyone that has ever played? I played D2 and there were plenty of people there to whom PvP was the endgame. They farmed and did runs and geared up for PvP, and that was what they did. Again you are imposing your opinion as if it's an argument, which is utterly retarded. Protip: if the line "Uh, no." is a valid counter-argument to what you just said; it's not really that good of an argument.

Here even you said that in order to get the gear needed they farmed, which means that they had to play the PvE portion of the game. They had to use that portion in order to level as well. So just because someone makes their endgame PvP does not mean that PvP was the main focus of D2. PvE has always been the main focus of all Diablo games and will always be that way. If any Diablo game became a PvP focused game then I would just say bye without posting a good bye post.

I totally forgot about that. This was Jay Wilson's last big scam.
Inb4 ShadowAegis comes with "You can't prove intent".
You have to be completely crazy and sycophantic to refuse to see this scam for what it is -- a scam.

Any true lawyer would tell you proving intent is very hard to nigh impossible to accomplish. I guess you would know if you were a real lawyer. D3's arena PvP is like a restaurant where they have an all you can eat steak night. Now the restaurant is known as a five star restaurant. Now let's say on steak night they believe that everything is ready. They think that they have enough steaks to serve for the night. About half way through the night they find out that about half of product is old and rotten due to the fact that someone forgot to rotate the stock of steak.

Now what do they do, do they still prepare the old and rotten steak when they know it would not be up to their standards? Of course not they would throw out the steak and tell others that somehow someone forgot to rotate the stock of steak and the only steak left is old and rotten.

Now does that mean that the company intentionally told an employee not to rotate the stock of steak in order to get them there for the purpose of selling the customers something else instead of the steak? Of course not, they had every intention on giving them what they came there for but could not because the food would not come close to meeting their high five star standards. Now if they lowered their standards and tried to cover up the fact that the steaks that were left were old and rotten. It would've been worse then just telling the customers outright what is wrong. That is what Blizz did in their own style.

I do not PvP often in a game and can tell you that while it might be fun to kick the snot out of some of my fellow Nephalem. The arena PvP deathmatches would've gotten old really fast for the same reasons that the testers said. No special rewards for participating. It is the same reason why Arena PvP was a bust in City of Heroes. But their zone PvP was better compared to their arena PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]