Diablo® III

Still no Team Deathmatch. I want a refund.

Lol @ those videos. Randomly generated maps, enhancing equipment, dedicated PVP Arenas.

Man...we have been trolled hard
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:24 PMPosted by VinnyI
Your issue is you think just because something is promised and you don't read the "fine print" that you are owed something. Sorry... read the fine print. Blizzard wouldn't back out if they were legally obligated to release that content. Obviously they had some legal mumbo jumbo in place to protect themselves should they not decide to release the content... this isn't the first company to do this... welcome to America.

It wasn't only promised. It was advertised. You really need to look up false advertisement because you obviously don't know the ramifications of a company falsely advertising a product.

Again... you don't know the "fine print" of what Blizzard was obligated to deliver... Blizzard does... their lawyers do... and I can pretty much guarantee they followed through on what they were legally obligated to deliver.

Have you not heard of fine print? Or asterisks? It's obvious you have heard of the phrase "false advertisement" but I bet you don't actually know what constitutes false advertisement.
Reply Quote
LOL Has anybody ever bought a hamburger from a fast food joint and it looked just like the ad? No, its all smashed small.

Every commercial on TV is a troll attempt. lol

This is more like ordering a burger and getting a pie, with a mouse in it...
Reply Quote
Geez people...

Does it physically hurt you to say that at least once blizzard has dropped the ball? You white knight are just weird....

Love, worship, make a shrine for this game on your bedroom if you want but on this subject its right there, Noxifer just posted the links out there and the facts are they have indeed screwed up on their advertised PvP plans.

I have no idea how people can develop such a blind loyalty to a corporation like blizzard, it is just disturbing.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Noxifer
And where's that "fine print" which would allow Blizzard to get away with advertising Arenas prior and post the games release and get away with not delivering? I can pretty much guarantee there are protective laws in Europe against this kind of behavior... I don't know about USA, but from what I hear they don't tolerate false advertisement either.

Sue them and Blizzard's lawyers will personally explain that small print to you, or even a judge maybe.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Noxifer
Sounds all good and well at first, but what if they announce another PvP mode, make us wait for it another year and then shelve it up again? And then another, and another? How long must we wait in order to get the PvP mode. Two years? Three? Five? Ten? How long?

They did release PvP for this game.

07/01/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Noxifer
And what if we don't like that mode at all, what if we want the mode, which was advertised at the time of our purchase? How come they even get to switch the contents of the game at will?

Because they are a huge company and spend lots of money on lawyers and know how to protect themselves.
Reply Quote
If you people really think you know what false advertising is... you should all be suing every single item sold in "Infomercials". I see commercials on TV every single day for items that promise to do this or do that... and they are only $19.99 and not only that if you buy them now you get a second for FREE! You only pay a processing fee! Wait I thought they just said free?? How can they advertise it for free but then I have to pay some fee to get it? Is that not false advertisement? No. There are sneaky ways around the laws... loopholes if you will. These people know how to advertise and "promise" while at the same time protecting themselves. Guess what, it happens... it's called capitalism and marketing.

If you don't like a company or a product... unless they have completely crossed the line or broken a rule... there is nothing you can do but stop buying/using their products or services.
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 7/1/2013 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OP Here. First off in regards to my gear, yes it is awful. I also stopped playing in August after I beat Inferno Pre nerf. I beat the PVE aspect, and decided to wait it out until PVP was brought into the game. My last log in was a day of celebration when Wilson said he was resigning, so I decided to inject the left over gold on my account into the economy to some pretty badly priced crappy items for some poor soul (a bot most likely).

Here is how I look at it: If someone goes to disney land and buys the ticket (purchasing the game) and walks around the entire park (playing the games levels) only to find half the rides are missing and broken (No pvp, itemization failure); you bet there !@# they would also want a refund.

I love to PVP. I did it in wow, diablo 2, Dota, Lol, EVE, guild wars. Hell I love to kill other players and at the same time getting my own butt kicked.

I was a long time fan of Blizzard. Been to multiple Blizzcons because I am fortunate enough to live in SoCal. I have ingected a lot of my money into this company. My 60 $ is not even close to the amount of money I have spent on Blizzard products. But this....this game and the way there are handling it has single handily stopped me from purchasing any blizzard products again. Because the customer service is abismal. Its insulting. I don't want anything to do with this company anymore. I want my 60$ back and I want to leave these forums and Battle night to never look back again.
Reply Quote
Technically the statement "PvP arenas will be available post-launch" covers them from any form of litigation, as they could argue that even 50 years after the game is released, it's still "post launch". It's a loophole they can use if they decide to never release that feature.

Also, "brawling" is considered PvP, and it takes place in an arena. So Blizzard can easily argue that we have already received PvP and arenas... and they would win in court.

There are no grounds for anyone to sue or demand a refund or anything with regards to PvP. It sucks that deathmatch arenas aren't there... but at the end you just have to deal with it. You have no power here.

If you really want to make in impact, boycott Blizzard. Don't buy anymore of their products, or use anymore of their services. Spread the word, tell your friends, maybe they'll do the same thing. If enough of use stop paying the people who make bad games, they'll be forced to make better games or none at all. That's how capitalism works.
Reply Quote
If you people really think you know what false advertising is... you should all be suing every single item sold in "Infomercials". I see commercials on TV every single day for items that promise to do this or do that... and they are only $19.99 and not only that if you buy them now you get a second for FREE! You only pay a processing fee! Wait I thought they just said free?? How can they advertise it for free but then I have to pay some fee to get it? Is that not false advertisement? No. There are sneaky ways around the laws... loopholes if you will. These people know how to advertise and "promise" while at the same time protecting themselves. Guess what, it happens... it's called capitalism and marketing.

If you don't like a company or a product... unless they have completely crossed the line or broken a rule... there is nothing you can do but stop buying/using their products or services.

We didn't buy those items. The false advertisement law is pretty straight forward actually.

17500. It is unlawful for any person, firm, corporation or
association, or any employee thereof with intent directly or
indirectly to dispose of real or personal property or to perform
services, professional or otherwise, or anything of any nature
whatsoever or to induce the public to enter into any obligation
relating thereto, to make or disseminate or cause to be made or
disseminated before the public in this state, or to make or
disseminate or cause to be made or disseminated from this state
before the public in any state, in any newspaper or other
publication, or any advertising device, or by public outcry or
proclamation, or in any other manner or means whatever, including
over the Internet, any statement, concerning that real or personal
property or those services, professional or otherwise, or concerning
any circumstance or matter of fact connected with the proposed
performance or disposition thereof, which is untrue or misleading,
and which is known, or which by the exercise of reasonable care
should be known, to be untrue or misleading, or for any person, firm,
or corporation to so make or disseminate or cause to be so made or
disseminated any such statement as part of a plan or scheme with the
intent not to sell that personal property or those services,
professional or otherwise, so advertised at the price stated therein,
or as so advertised. Any violation of the provisions of this section
is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not
exceeding six months, or by a fine not exceeding two thousand five
hundred dollars ($2,500), or by both that imprisonment and fine.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:06 PMPosted by MajorPain
We didn't buy those items. The false advertisement law is pretty straight forward actually.

You don't seem to get it do you? Some times the consumer gets SCREWED and there is nothing you can do about legally.
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 7/1/2013 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]