Diablo® III

Still no Team Deathmatch. I want a refund.

We didn't buy those items. The false advertisement law is pretty straight forward actually.

You don't seem to get it do you? Some times the consumer gets SCREWED and there is nothing you can do about legally.

I certainly get it. If you think that is going to stop me from trying to get my money back your high as hell. I don't get why you are posting here.

I probably won't get my money back, even though my claim is reasonable and justified.

But there are consumer rights laws and in this case it sits in the guarantee with out remedy and whether or not this company has an allotted time to do so.
Edited by MajorPain#1472 on 7/1/2013 9:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 10:45 AMPosted by MajorPain
Blizzard you have had over a year to implement this aspect of the game. Sorry I am done waiting and would like a full refund. Delete my account for all I care, I want my money back.

Look they have said why it was not added in. So you have no basis for a refund at all. A refund would be warranted if they were truly guilty of false advertising. But they were not guilty of that. In order to be guilty of that they would have had to know that they were gonna advertise the arena without any intentions of putting it in. Meaning that they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were not gonna give us the arena.

Any lawyer worth their salt will not give a refund on false advertising unless you can prove intent. And any lawyer will tell you that intent is almost impossible to prove.

Now if you have played this game for more than a month, then I would also say no refund.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:11 PMPosted by MajorPain

You don't seem to get it do you? Some times the consumer gets SCREWED and there is nothing you can do about legally.

I certainly get it. If you think that is going to stop me from getting my money back your high as hell. I don't get why you are posting here.

Because you have no case that would hold up in court. If you think you do then sue Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Because they are a huge company and spend lots of money on lawyers and know how to protect themselves.

That sounds dumb as ****. If they were to spend all that money on development and delivering the actual content, then they wouldn't need any lawyers.
So far what they've done is clearly false advertisement.
They did release PvP for this game.

They did release a PvP which doesn't fit the description of the advertised PvP at all!

1. We can't enter party and we don't have a scoreboard the way it was advertised in this post and on BlizzCon:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9281/pvparenaslol.jpg

2. It doesn't have a matchmaking system "to ensure more evenly balanced battles" as initially advertised. Currently joining for "Brawling" games does not ensure in any way evenly balanced battles, it allows you to join a random game.
Bashiok also promised, that the Matchmaking system will be ELO based, which is not currently the case:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036226194?page=4#69

3. It doesn't have "multiple Arena maps with themed locations and layouts, PvP-centric achievements" and many of the other advertised features.

Quite frankly all you're doing is pathetic attempt to scare me with "Blizzard's lawyers". I don't know why you're even posting... Hell, I don't know why I am even responding to you, sycophant.

Then sue Blizzard. And I will laugh when you don't get your $60 back.

Blizzard also advertised the game as online only... but they could turn the servers off tomorrow and there would be nothing you could do about it.
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 7/1/2013 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:11 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Blizzard you have had over a year to implement this aspect of the game. Sorry I am done waiting and would like a full refund. Delete my account for all I care, I want my money back.

Look they have said why it was not added in. So you have no basis for a refund at all. A refund would be warranted if they were truly guilty of false advertising. But they were not guilty of that. In order to be guilty of that they would have had to know that they were gonna advertise the arena without any intentions of putting it in. Meaning that they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were not gonna give us the arena.

Any lawyer worth their salt will not give a refund on false advertising unless you can prove intent. And any lawyer will tell you that intent is almost impossible to prove.

Now if you have played this game for more than a month, then I would also say no refund.

This statement is ridiculous. The CA false advertisment clause settles this in the first few lines informing that it affects all false advertisment even if it was meant directly or indirectly.
Reply Quote

I certainly get it. If you think that is going to stop me from getting my money back your high as hell. I don't get why you are posting here.

Because you have no case that would hold up in court. If you think you do then sue Blizzard.

I edited my line changing this statement. I meant to say this is going to stop me from at least trying to get my money back your high as hell.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:06 PMPosted by MajorPain
We didn't buy those items. The false advertisement law is pretty straight forward actually.

It doesn't matter what the law says regarding false advertising when it comes to software. If you choose to forfeit your rights to litigation, you have no standing against the company.

And that's what every software company has... an End Use License Agreement. These are powerful documents that everyone agrees to, but nobody ever seems to read. And most of them are the exact same. In one form or another, they say that the software can be altered in any way without your consent, and these alterations may add or remove features that change the way the software works.

There's nothing you can do legally against this kind of thing. There are people who have filed class action lawsuits against companies and 99% of the time, they are thrown out of court, because all the software company has to do is file a counter-claim that all of their users must agree to an EULA that states they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and there's nothing those users can do about it. EULAs DO stand up in court... just as much as any other contract.

Start reading the EULAs you AGREE to before you agree to them. They're five miles long and cover the software developer in every possible way. Your choice is whether or not you choose to agree to those terms. And if you don't, you don't get to play the game.

The ONLY thing you can do is boycott the company in question. Deal with it.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Noxifer
Then sue Blizzard. And I will laugh when you don't get your $60 back.

I don't want a refund. I don't want to sue Blizzard either.
I ask for the advertised feature to finally make it into the game in a reasonable time frame. I also ask as a client for some sort of an update or a clarification from a Blizzard employee. That's all I ask for.

I'm sorry to say, you're not likely to get what you want here.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 11:22 AMPosted by MajorPain
If that is the case, I wouldn't buy and discourage every single gamer I know to buy it. They already promised this content in the original game. Why should we trust them yet again?

LoL fine start by boycotting the forums, Diablo has never really been a pvp game since they nerfed player kills in D2 an never will be. I doubt he'd play anyway just the lastest whine topic.
Reply Quote
Blizzard certainly didnt have an idea of how badly developed the game was at launch and how many dire fixes were needed to get the game in semi-acceptable state, thats why they had to run around in despair releasing those patches to fix the core game, there was no time for side-features as PvP.

Maybe if the game wasnt so dysmal at launch, a decent PvP system could have been released at time but that wasnt the case.
Reply Quote
There's already existing thread on the matter, take a look:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377379009
You have 30 days to get a refund after purchase.

We have known since December that there would be no deathmatch.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?view=what-is-diablo3
^
These two advertisements were the selling point for me. Both were posted several days prior to the release of the game, the video (which is a trailer, a form of advertisement) is still available, the post (which is called "What is Diablo3", another form of advertisement explaining what the game contains) got edited twice, however I am keeping print screens of pretty much anything Blizzard are announcing.

You don't get to sell something to people and then several months later you decide you will not deliver. Just because they made a post (which mind you didn't say that the PvP is scrapped) does not exempt them from not delivering major features, which were the selling point for many of us.
They still owe us Team DeathMatch or the so called replacement for it (which mind you is not the Scorched Chapel).

I didn't know post launch means "soon".. or within 1 year. as far as contracts go, if it doesn't have a date = its really indefinite. the year 2024 is still post launch.

REALLY. wake up, nearly every game marketed this century is like that. you buy a product as shipped. since diablo3 has NO subscription, whether you buy today or buy yesterday or buy tomorrow, it doesn't "cost you more".

don't like it within the refund period, get a refund and be done with it. when it gets better, buy again..
Reply Quote
Why is it considered whining? A player expects something promised to them within a reasonable amount of time is considered whining now? Or do you not know what this word means?

Why do you not think this is a valid complaint? Or are you just whining?
Reply Quote
There's already existing thread on the matter, take a look:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377379009

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?view=what-is-diablo3
^
These two advertisements were the selling point for me. Both were posted several days prior to the release of the game, the video (which is a trailer, a form of advertisement) is still available, the post (which is called "What is Diablo3", another form of advertisement explaining what the game contains) got edited twice, however I am keeping print screens of pretty much anything Blizzard are announcing.

You don't get to sell something to people and then several months later you decide you will not deliver. Just because they made a post (which mind you didn't say that the PvP is scrapped) does not exempt them from not delivering major features, which were the selling point for many of us.
They still owe us Team DeathMatch or the so called replacement for it (which mind you is not the Scorched Chapel).

I didn't know post launch means "soon".. or within 1 year. as far as contracts go, if it doesn't have a date = its really indefinite. the year 2024 is still post launch.

REALLY. wake up, nearly every game marketed this century is like that. you buy a product as shipped. since diablo3 has NO subscription, whether you buy today or buy yesterday or buy tomorrow, it doesn't "cost you more".

don't like it within the refund period, get a refund and be done with it. when it gets better, buy again..

There refund period is a set 30 days. It took half a year to find out there would be no Team Deathmatch in this game for over a year.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:28 PMPosted by MajorPain
Why is it considered whining? A player expects something promised to them within a reasonable amount of time is considered whining now?

Some people on this forum get worked up on anything that can make blizzard look bad. They simply cannot fathom this possibility.

Yes, a company of this caliber scrambling through an entire year to release a PvP system even more archaic and limited than a game from 12 years ago is indeed quite pathetic.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Noxifer
Already 13 :P

Ok yeah, my mistake, it was LoD that released on 2001, 2000 was for Diablo 2 I guess.

Indeed 13.

Diablo 3's development is a very interesting subject, everything seemed to be in the right track, there were PvP arenas on the Blizzcons, people loved it, the initial trailer had elemental effects, more customization and all, the game looked amazing and suddenly...

suddenly something happened... we will probably never know, but something went very wrong on the direction of the game and its still being reflected to this day on the game. They threw themselves into a design abyss of which they cant seem to get out and they have no idea on what to do with what they have.
Edited by Kiroptus#1408 on 7/1/2013 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]