Diablo® III

Still no Team Deathmatch. I want a refund.

You have 30 days to get a refund after purchase.

We have known since December that there would be no deathmatch.
<http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085>

So, generally, I'd agree with you... But I don't think they made it 100% clear that they were no longer doing team death match ever at all. Furthermore, even if you disagree and feel that this was made clear to us.. how is this acceptable? I don't think we should even *have* to ask for refunds. They should have just handed them out themselves. You don't advertise something and then not put it in a game. You just don't do such a thing. It happens.. but it is wrong, so wrong.

~Philoi.
Reply Quote

I bought Diablo3, because of the advertised Arenas. I wanted to experience this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpCBdULa440

And this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb3MdqyVV58&feature=player_detailpage#t=35s

Guilty as charged. It was my fault all along. How dare I buy a game based on the advertisement on the official site for the game:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9281/pvparenaslol.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?view=what-is-diablo3
I deserve to be punished.

you do know it says "POST LAUNCH" and post launch can mean the year 2015. no specific dates. furthermore EULA grants them the right to pull any features. thats why you buy things AS SHIPPED.

sure, you don't want to take good advice, then in future continue supporting game studios by preordering when features are not shipped.

I don't think you get my point.

a) you can't change what blizzard is doing, because blizzard can do it with the weight of their legal team behind them.

b) you can only change YOUR OWN behaviour, which is to punish organisations by not purchasing goods without features you want on its ship date.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Telliks
By you agreeing that the company can do as they wish... you are effectively forfeiting your rights to take action against that company.

This is just blatantly false. I'm not saying you'll always win in a case against a large business, that's far from what I'm saying.. but what you said just isn't true. Certain laws will override other laws or contracts. Don't forget this. Although, readers. Do take this person's advice and read the contract and the code of conduct etc etc.. you folks should read them, they're interestingly but not surprisingly designed solely to protect Blizzard and basically nothing else.

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
you do know it says "POST LAUNCH" and post launch can mean the year 2015. no specific dates. furthermore EULA grants them the right to pull any features. thats why you buy things AS SHIPPED.

sure, you don't want to take good advice, then in future continue supporting game studios by preordering when features are not shipped.

I don't think you get my point.

a) you can't change what blizzard is doing, because blizzard can do it with the weight of their legal team behind them.

b) you can only change YOUR OWN behaviour, which is to punish organisations by not purchasing goods without features you want on its ship date.

One cannot be granted rights without first accepting a responsibility. The EULA (whether it specifically spells it out or not) implies the responsibility of Blizzard to follow the law and to provide a game and related services to us as expected within reason. Meaning if they don't do that or if they change things, there should be a valid reason. In fact, while they don't need our agreement, they do need our understanding. We must agree, in a sense, that what they're doing is reasonable.. that they're still abiding not only by the letter but also the spirit of the EULA. I don't think Blizzard would admit that the spirit of the EULA is to take advantage of the customers.. therefore.. to save face.. Blizzard must admit (whether it is true or not) that they care about what customers want and therefore will run the game with a certain degree of quality and that their actions will be within reason. So, people, currently, would have grounds for suing Blizzard. Again, I don't think they'd win the case, but they definitely could make a case at least.

I agreed with your post though.. in the sense that I learned my lesson with Diablo 3. I will not buy a game ever again just based upon my hopes or expectations.. I will make sure I know what I'm going into first.. and not *hope* that they will improve things later on.. its been a year.. they've done hardly anything to fix/include various features.. it is sad.. So, I learned my lesson.. I won't buy the collector's edition of Diablo 3.5 or 4 the first day out.. nor will I pre-order.. nope.. I'll wait and see how launch goes and if they actually served up the promised product.

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
View profile
game paid for itself 8 times over in the first few months so sorry you couldnt learn to play the game return to cod or wow whatever your still playing.
Reply Quote
Since day 1 ABSOLUTELY NOTHING changed in terms of PvP.

All they did was to enable using the skills on others players - NOTHING more.

Too bad they waited almost a year to allow this, so every player has almost max gear anyway.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/01/2013 09:17 PMPosted by MajorPain
This statement is ridiculous. The CA false advertisment clause settles this in the first few lines informing that it affects all false advertisment even if it was meant directly or indirectly.

While they were working on it there was no problems. But when they knew that it just was not up to standard then they told us. They even told us why it would not work out. So if anyone tries to claim that they bought the game solely for that one feature. Then says that Blizz sold it to them knowing that they would not be putting it in their at all. Then Blizz's lawyers would prove them wrong. They were working on it until the very day that they stopped.

Now you are trying to say that they should've known it would not work. They should've known that it would not be fun in it's final iteration before stopping work on it. Now tell me how in the hell will you know what the final iteration will be before you stop working on a feature in a game. There is no way of knowing. There is no research to base it on.

The only way that that could be true is if Blizz has a time machine and could go forward in time. But if they did that then they would've been able to see what the future of the game was and made the launch of this game much better by putting the game as it is in it's current state at launch.
Reply Quote
If you want pvp you probably need to play connect four, not d3.
Reply Quote
lol.. but seriously they had a demo of 4v4 team death match before the game was released.. enough of the bs release it. My money is they will release it with the expansion pack to lure people back in. cash cow
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Philoi
By you agreeing that the company can do as they wish... you are effectively forfeiting your rights to take action against that company.

This is just blatantly false. I'm not saying you'll always win in a case against a large business, that's far from what I'm saying.. but what you said just isn't true. Certain laws will override other laws or contracts. Don't forget this. Although, readers. Do take this person's advice and read the contract and the code of conduct etc etc.. you folks should read them, they're interestingly but not surprisingly designed solely to protect Blizzard and basically nothing else.

~Philoi.

Maybe the words I used were ill-suited for my argument.

Obviously, you still have your rights to litigation. Anyone can hire a lawyer, pay him/her $1000, and get them to file a lawsuit against a company.

By agreeing to an EULA and losing your rights to Blizzard, I meant agreeing to the EULA destroys your ability to beat them in court.

I can agree with everyone who is upset about the lack of team deathmatch and big multiplayer arenas. I'm not really interested in PvP, but it should have been there.

All I'm saying... is that there is nothing we can do about it. Should it be that way? No. But that's how it is.

The only thing that will ever work in this situation is a boycott. If the company has done wrong... DON'T. BUY. THEIR. !@#$. There are actually several games I've wanted to play that I didn't purchase, simply because I disagreed with the way the developer/publisher made/sold that game.

Hopefully all of the issues with this game are fixed in the future. Until then, play the game or don't, people.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3's development is a very interesting subject, everything seemed to be in the right track, there were PvP arenas on the Blizzcons, people loved it, the initial trailer had elemental effects, more customization and all, the game looked amazing and suddenly...suddenly something happened... we will probably never know

Wasn't that right around the time Blizz merged with Activision? Allow me to don my tinfoil hat here for a minute, but I truly believe the merger is what screwed all this up. You know how greedy Activision is. Blizz scrapped nearly everything they had done prior in favor of the auction houses.
Reply Quote
I love how these things always devolve into armchair legal debates over the EULA.
Reply Quote
Not saying you would have been successful, but you would have had a stronger position had you asked for a refund in December after their PvP announcement. Waiting until seven months after the fact pretty much slammed the door on your chances. IMHO of course.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Drayven
Not saying you would have been successful, but you would have had a stronger position had you asked for a refund in December after their PvP announcement. Waiting until seven months after the fact pretty much slammed the door on your chances. IMHO of course.

Judge Judy would say something about eating the sandwich and then asking for your money back. Something like you can't do that.
Reply Quote
This ignorant scrub wants team deathmatch? Looks like nothing but deadweight to me.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 12:06 PMPosted by MajorPain
I should know by 24-48 hours from now. If you don't hear from me again, my mission was a success and I will never return again to this disgrace of a game.

You won't get a refund. The refund time is 30 days (hence the person above who said that boat has already sailed.) Your profile says you last logged in during January. From then til now is over 30 days.

Also it's not false advertising. They stated before the product was released that it would not have PvP and it would be put in at a later date.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]