Diablo® III

You don't need a mode

to play self found. You just only use self found haha. What's the big deal, do people need a measuring stick that bad that the game would institute a whole mode. Just craziness
Reply Quote
Can we get a blue on this ?
Reply Quote
And thus, the self found uprising was staunched with this single pearl of wisdom.
Reply Quote
It's really easy to understand why people want a self-found mode once you figure out the motivations behind playing self-found. But if you keep your head in the sand and keep assuming that people want a self-found mode for things like recognition and epeen measuring, then there's really no point in you joining in the discussion.
Reply Quote
enlighten me. I.E why can't you just play self found under current format
Edited by IAmOmegaRed#1778 on 7/1/2013 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 06:54 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed
enlighten me

AH, RMAH and trading exist. The drop rates are based on the AH and you can find an upgrade every week, then every month eventually. You'll have maybe 100-200k dps at this point. In a SF world, all the drop rates would be based on what you already own, thus you could get to godly within a much shorter span of time. Instead of it taking 5-10 years, it might take 6-12 months.

EDIT:
Not to mention the fact that you are competing against a bunch of people that started at the finish line while you start at the starting line. Everyone else cut through the middle of the track while you ran the entire thing.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/1/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 06:54 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed
enlighten me. I.E why can't you just play self found under current format

Bro, the reasons are posted all over the forums all the time. Me explaining it to you won't help you understand it one bit.
Reply Quote
I guess people forget games should be played. I get wanting to get to the endgame faster, but isn't that in a way taking out the reason for getting on and playing?
Reply Quote
Bro, the reasons are posted all over the forums all the time. Me explaining it to you won't help you understand it one bit.

First I'm not your bro pal. (this is just a joke)

second then no need to respond :) I just think calling for a whole game mode is crazy. Everyone is esentially asking for a new game, and that is kinda silly right?
Edited by IAmOmegaRed#1778 on 7/1/2013 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Remove hardcore mode too cause you can just delete your character after you die.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Krine
Remove hardcore mode too cause you can just delete your character after you die.

This. People somehow think that hardcore is different than self found but they also think that hardcore is the same as having higher repair costs. They also think that a ladder is the same as deleting your player every year. Bunch of unintelligent sycophants if you ask me.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/1/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 06:55 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
AH, RMAH and trading exist. The drop rates are based on the AH and you can find an upgrade every week, then every month eventually. You'll have maybe 100-200k dps at this point. In a SF world, all the drop rates would be based on what you already own, thus you could get to godly within a much shorter span of time. Instead of it taking 5-10 years, it might take 6-12 months.

I see this, I really do. But isn't this what itemization is trying to adress?
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:04 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed

I see this, I really do. But isn't this what itemization is trying to adress?

It's not the same thing. Just because itemization comes out, it doesn't magically fix drop rates to work as though there are no items in the game.
Reply Quote
sure it will not take away stuff that already exists, but it will be a game people can play with a new, from scratch character, and do self found without influence of the market and all. Better items dropping less often, that's how they bill it.

No disrespect at all meant :)
Reply Quote
Just seems weird to take random out of diablo. To me at least
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:09 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed
Just seems weird to take random out of diablo. To me at least

If there were simply trading, not the way self found is, it would be the original Diablo's which would enhance drop rates 10x since the AH wouldn't be flooded with items. It's still random, just a lot less random.
Reply Quote
I find it funny that these young "guys" think that self-found mode is a game changer and they truly only want it to be able to brag about it. They want rewards, or emblems for it (and would cheat if they had the chance). There is already a self-found mode. It's called ignore the AH and trading. If you want recognition, just pat your self on the back. The loot is bad and we all know it and since the loot is so bad they "refuse to pay" and thats their choice. The only ones really loosing are the ones who refuse to play the game its ment to be played (pay to play). If they truly wanted a self-found mode they should have

1) Refused to pay for diablo 3
2) Self-Found there money (didnt have a job)
3) Self-Found there PC in the dumpster
4) Self-Found a free wireless signal (steeling neighbors or legally at a coffee house)
5) Self-Found there Apartment or House (or free if your homeless and play at a coffee house)

If you didn't do steps 1-5 then you are not truly self found. Although we were born on Earth. We did not Self-Find it! So please stop saying self found anything because in reality the op is right. It's just plain stupid. We are born into a world surrounded by money. If you cant see that or truly don't want to be apart of it then you should just move to Africa and live in the jungle. Then you can be truly self-found!Its pretty sad, when Birds, Elephants, Lions, Bears, Penguins ect... are truly self-found. Its even more sad that bee's, flys, moths, and mosquitos are more self-found that any player on this game. You paid $60 to play a game so please just self-found your way out of playing it.
Reply Quote
I find it funny that these young "guys" think that self-found mode is a game changer and they truly only want it to be able to brag about it. They want rewards, or emblems for it (and would cheat if they had the chance). There is already a self-found mode. It's called ignore the AH and trading. If you want recognition, just pat your self on the back. The loot is bad and we all know it and since the loot is so bad they "refuse to pay" and thats their choice. The only ones really loosing are the ones who refuse to play the game its ment to be played (pay to play). If they truly wanted a self-found mode they should have

4) Self-Found a free wireless signal (steeling neighbors or legally at a coffee house)
5) Self-Found there Apartment or House (or free if your homeless and play at a coffee house)

If you didn't do steps 1-5 then you are not truly self found. Although we were born on Earth. We did not Self-Find it! So please stop saying self found anything because in reality the op is right. It's just plain stupid. We are born into a world surrounded by money. If you cant see that or truly don't want to be apart of it then you should just move to Africa and live in the jungle. Then you can be truly self-found!Its pretty sad, when Birds, Elephants, Lions, Bears, Penguins ect... are truly self-found. Its even more sad that bee's, flys, moths, and mosquitos are more self-found that any player on this game. You paid $60 to play a game so please just self-found your way out of playing it.

Thanks for the copy/paste. Blizz should hire you.

If you can't understand the concept of having drop rates based on the AH, then your opinion is worthless.
Reply Quote

Thanks for the copy/paste. Blizz should hire you.

If you can't understand the concept of having drop rates based on the AH, then your opinion is worthless.

I'm sorry, but your reply make no sense what so ever. I totally understand how drop rates work, why do you think i called this game Pay-To-Play and thats how it was designed, if you cant handle that notion why would you purchase it? It was announced that the AH would be included before the game was released. Thats your first failed attempt at recognizing the design of the game. The second was thinking that a self-found mode would fix everything. First of all, there is a self-found mode in the pc version and its called "Ignore the AH". Its not about recognition. Your probably one of those guys who owns a BMW, Rolex, fancy shoes/clothes ect... and uses credit for it all. Your trying to get others to "Fake" Believe that your rich when your really a sucker and are paying more for those items than the rich actually do. Forcing you to stay poorer longer.

If you want a game where the drops do not reflect the AH your in luck, Blizzard made that game already and it will be released very soon, just for you guys. Its Called Diablo 3 for consoles. Just purchase the ps3 version, stick it in your ps3 and enjoy the self-found life all you want.
Edited by rambuster#1868 on 7/1/2013 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]