Diablo® III

You don't need a mode

07/01/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Prometheus
Blizzard better give players what they want at this point. Like you said, money talks.

@ Rambuster

What you're saying is double-edged.
Reply Quote
I would prefer this to be more constructive haha no need to name call or smeer campaign everyone has their oppinions.

Also Blizzard should do what's best for everyone. Not give everyone everything they ask for because they will quit if they don't. That's school yard tactics
Reply Quote
Blizzard better give players what they want at this point. Like you said, money talks.

Your right, but not from this perspective. If blizzard was able to cash in on it with micro transactions from the AH then yes they would implement it. They will not cater to the CHEAP and thats a guarantee. Self found mode will NEVER happen if its going to cost them money to make it, edit it, test it, then hope that they don't screw up again like the 1.08 dupe.

The new self-found mode has been created in the console version when they removed the AH, so those cheap guys can have what they want, but it'll cost them. Or they can wait for the expansion, that might be the only way it ever gets created. It wont ever be added in a free patch.
Edited by rambuster#1868 on 7/1/2013 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Rambuster

It did make sense, you just couldn't understand it.
Reply Quote
Remove hardcore mode too cause you can just delete your character after you die.

This. People somehow think that hardcore is different than self found but they also think that hardcore is the same as having higher repair costs. They also think that a ladder is the same as deleting your player every year. Bunch of unintelligent sycophants if you ask me.

Hardcore has an economy and self-found doesn't. Players affect each other in hard core. Players don't affect each other in self-found. If you are self-found you can do that regardless of what other people do. If you are hardcore and you die your items need to be deleted.. if you don't and sell them they go back into the economy which affects other players.
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 7/1/2013 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

@ Rambuster

What you're saying is double-edged.

No its not, read my last post. Its all about the money, hence the reason that no matter how much people request this mode blizzard will always say, "Wow nice idea, ill pass it along". Thats exactly what is happening, its getting passed along till it hits its final destination the "doesn't make blizzard money, trash bin". If blizzard cant make any money off that mode why would they spend the money to make it.
Edited by rambuster#1868 on 7/1/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I know of great MMO's that allow free play and have free expansion packs every almost every year.
This is just an APRG and Activision is just plain greedy.
Reply Quote
I know of great MMO's that allow free play and have free expansion packs every almost every year.
This is just an APRG and Activision is just plain greedy.

Its not just activation, its the whole world, its gotten to the point that its now affecting every day commodities like "Oil, Coal, Gas, Electricity, Electronics, Repairs, and now Video Games". The world is greedy and its the reason why we have poor and rich people. The sad part about it is that were just at the beginning of the problem. This will eventually fix its self over the next few decades when people stand up and stop purchasing things that companies used to provide previously.

Its also the main reason why the Xbox One Changed its DRM policies. Money talks, and when the people stood up for what they believed in and thats when Microsoft noticed a huge decline in sales to the ps4 they reverted their policies right away in hopes to fix the problem. Even after their CEO Don Mattrick said, "the solution to no internet is the xbox-360". They already showed there true self and most still wont buy it. Especially military people, Don flat out said buy a 360 instead. The true answer people heard was, "Buy a ps4, they care about you more than we do".

People are now opening there eyes and making smarter decisions. Companies can only exist if we give them money. We need to hold onto our money until higher standards are produced. Hopefully blizzard gets this lesson with there expansion. If all the fixes are forced on you in the expansion people need to sit back and just let the game die. Otherwise this will continue and you'll see more pay-to play games instead of "self-found modes"

The fact that people have to request a mode that doesn't involve real money shows where the gaming market is progressing towards.
Edited by rambuster#1868 on 7/1/2013 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm stepping out of this one :) have funn
Reply Quote
Alright so that coming from you... whose side are you on? Because no way in hell is blizzard gonna bleed more money out of me until they start listening. I didn't buy sc hots and I ain't buying !@#$ till I start seeing some "smart decisions" but from THEM.
Reply Quote
Wow. Come in fully unprepared and then talk trash. We have been debating the why for over a week now and there has been much debate, sometimes heated, from both the pro and the con. Do some homework because I'm tired of having to start from scratch every time someone new checks in. Start here if you are serious:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309641216
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Prometheus
Alright so that coming from you... whose side are you on? Because no way in hell is blizzard gonna bleed more money out of me until they start listening. I didn't buy sc hots and I ain't buying !@#$ till I start seeing some "smart decisions" but from THEM.

I'm on the side of not spending money, but im just telling people that the reality is that a self-found mode wont ever exist unless people take a stand and don't spend money on the rmah, and dont buy the expansion. If this mode was released it would hurt console sales. They know people will buy it for that reason alone.

Money talks, and eventually blizzard will get the idea. With d3's failure I bet most will wait till titan is released before paying for it, or at least all we can do is hope for it. Otherwise if people keep paying, then companies will keep the same gameplan.
Reply Quote
Ah okay, We're on the same page then. Yeah I won't buy an expansion pack if they don't make the changes people want. Blizzard doesn't lose anything when they make a change that people ask for. If the game breaks due to peoples changes then so be it. People already spent their money.

If people break the game - People wouldn't mind paying extra to fix it. It's more our game then it is theirs ultimately.
Reply Quote
This is exactly why they should get rid of hardcore. If you die, delete your character. No need for a separate mode!
Reply Quote
Wow. Come in fully unprepared and then talk trash. We have been debating the why for over a week now and there has been much debate, sometimes heated, from both the pro and the con. Do some homework because I'm tired of having to start from scratch every time someone new checks in. Start here if you are serious:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309641216

A)don't act like a leading athroity. B) maybe read what i have posted before making asumtions. Civil conversation, if you're serious :)
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Krine
Remove hardcore mode too cause you can just delete your character after you die.

This is a fabulous argument. Not only is Hardcore already in the game but every time a 'selfie' uses this argument, a flower dies... no, seriously every time, the nail is being driven just a little bit further into the self-found coffin. It's flabbergasting that the 'selfie' crowd doesn't see that this argument works against them.
Reply Quote

This is a fabulous argument. Not only is Hardcore already in the game but every time a 'selfie' uses this argument, a flower dies... no, seriously every time, the nail is being driven just a little bit further into the self-found coffin. It's flabbergasting that the 'selfie' crowd doesn't see that this argument works against them.

So you admit that Hardcore is analogous with Self-found then? If anything you are just confirming the viability of a self-found mode. The point Krine is making is that we have a hardcore mode, yet it by all means is not "needed", and that's not any different to Self-found. The mode having an economy has nothing to do with it.

It seems you will never understand that separate game modes are about creating a culture and a community based on that culture. You just fall back on; "It's not needed", "don't waste dev time", "nobody cares", "doesn't fix anything", which are all invalid arguments.

It's about creating a fun game culture! Please understand this.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/1/2013 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
creating a culture and a community based on that culture.

It's about creating a fun game culture! Please understand this.

Any culture worth anything has created itself through its own like-minded community. They didn't need to be catered to, the controlling bodies that govern them didn't need to create a place for them, they did it themselves. How about you self-founds use the time spent on this forum to create your own website/forum and grow your community. Share pictures, stories, experiences. If its truly about the culture and not e-peen recognition, not having a mode within a game won't stop you from your endeavor. Good luck!
Reply Quote
I think this whole "self found" bs is just stupid.

It's just another way of showing off your "e-peen"

"Look at this awesome gear I have!"

"Yeah, well I found mine myself, so it's automatically better!"
Reply Quote
" It's really easy to understand why people want a self-found mode once you figure out the motivations behind playing self-found. But if you keep your head in the sand and keep assuming that people want a self-found mode for things like recognition and epeen measuring, then there's really no point in you joining in the discussion. "

- jt217

I wouldn't play self-found, I like the AH - I like trading. On the other hand, people should have the choice. They already did it with the PS3 so now they gotta please the other half of the community who doesn't own a PS3 and already spent money on the PC version.

It's only right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]