Diablo® III

You don't need a mode

enlighten me. I.E why can't you just play self found under current format

Because I want to play online with other self-found characters. Playing self-found with AHers makes no sense at all.

WHO.
[removed]
CARES.
WHAT.
OTHER.
PLAYERS.
DO.

Their not self-found? Who gives a f*ck, that's borderline racist...lol

That's just like saying: "I don't want to play with that guy because he doesn't have the same skin colour as me." It doesn't matter how others people play, if you play in a self-found mode, how can you be sure that people you're playing with don't use bots? Or maybe they buy gold and items online, because we all know that will be available.
Edited by Machkhan on 7/7/2013 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Haven't played in months. Enlighten me as to what Self-Found mode is and how it'd be downright horrible. From what I've read, it has a mix of positive and negative and shouldn't be used for several reasons. But I need more information. You can PM me if you want.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 01:38 PMPosted by phobos229
enlighten me. I.E why can't you just play self found under current format

Because I want to play online with other self-found characters. Playing self-found with AHers makes no sense at all.

As someone who wants self found mode but with increased item value on average so that it is different than just the normal game, I can honestly saythat people that think like this are complete morons. Seriously they are not going to add an entire game mode that is exactly like current game modes but have some minor fluff change. They might add SF as much better stuff drops on average but you can't trade it or sell it but if they add SF as the exact same game with no AH they should all be fired because it would be so idiotic.
Reply Quote
WHO.
[removed]
CARES.
WHAT.
OTHER.
PLAYERS.
DO.

We play together, that's why it's important.
Whatever you do in your solo game is none of my concern.

With self-found, I'd get barbarian partners using something else than EF, which would be a godsend just by itself.
We're all affected by what the others do, it's a multiplayer game.

You argue because of this reason as well, because you want others to play with you.
But not everyone want to play the trading game the AH offers, many want a different style of play.

Talking about rascism in this context is absurd by the way..
But I'm sure you already know that.
Edited by Machkhan on 7/7/2013 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 06:47 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed
to play self found. You just only use self found haha. What's the big deal, do people need a measuring stick that bad that the game would institute a whole mode. Just craziness

self-found mode advocates generally suck at most video games and it shows

+1 to no self-found mode
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 04:23 AMPosted by ckhoo888
to play self found. You just only use self found haha. What's the big deal, do people need a measuring stick that bad that the game would institute a whole mode. Just craziness

self-found mode advocates generally suck at most video games and it shows

+1 to no self-found mode

It's more about sucking at trade in that case.
If you're good trader, you shouldn't waste your talent on videogames. You should relax from your work when playing them instead, I know I'd like that.
Although, it's probably nice practice playing a mini-trade game, but that's not really what d3 is for now is there?
Not that I'm opposed to the existence of such a game, it's just that it's not what I'm interested in playing.

Would you agree that people are different and thus find various things relaxing?
Games are about relaxation and joy after all, not profit.
Reply Quote

With self-found, I'd get barbarian partners using something else than EF, which would be a godsend just by itself.

Your problem is not with self found vs traders, it's with matchmaking.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 06:47 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed

you sound scared
Reply Quote

Perhaps. Would that diminish it's validity?

I don't really consider the argument as a "trader vs self-found". You could easily play both ways with a nice implementation.
The only reason for traders to feel threatened by an alternative to their economy is because they fear it would be a mass migration there, leaving empty halls(AH).
But in that case, is the game really that good to begin with, that we'd have to force people to play a way they dislike?
Besides, that fear is unwarranted, there will always be a majority that want to trade and prosper through that. It is the easier way after all.
Reply Quote
You know what. OP is right.

We don't need a hardcore mode either.

After the first time you die, you just delete your CC mempo and all of your gear. And your paragon 50 character.

Since everyone will follow the rules 100% legit, no need for hardcore.

Take it out, blizz.
Reply Quote

It's about the right solution for the problem. The issue is that you're being matched with people of disparate power. The solution is not to add a new mode where you reduce (not eliminate) the likelihood of this happening. The solution is to improve matchmaking.
Reply Quote

It's about the right solution for the problem. The issue is that you're being matched with people of disparate power. The solution is not to add a new mode where you reduce (not eliminate) the likelihood of this happening. The solution is to improve matchmaking.

Well, I'd consider it a major improvement to matchmaking within the self-found rules.
Among other things.
Reply Quote
There are two groups of SF players. Ones who want a SF only mode that is just like the current game just without the AH. We call this group the insane people.

The other group wants a SF only mode with improved drops but with no AH so that the game plays a more natural progression. This is how they would implement SF if they were going to do it.

The game was designed around the AH, simply removing it would just leave a crappier version of the game.

All SF player suffer from the same current problem, they cant join a public game because if they do the non-self found players kill everything before they get near it. Even in MP0 and 1 where they play. I imagine it's pretty frustrating when a Paragon level 50+ SF player sees a fresh level 60 pargon 0 join the game and run circles around them. I beleive that's why they want thier own mode.

Here is the big problem.

If the first group get thier way, these are the next spam posts that will QQ in general for months:
NERF poison, NERF molten, REMOVE fallen maniacs, change LS reqiurement, WHY is fire so bad, OMG Reflect Damage WTH, please rename MP1 to MP10... and on and on.

If the second group get thier way:
NON SF mode will complain: WHY don't we get better drop rates?
Reply Quote

Well, I'd consider it a major improvement to matchmaking within the self-found rules.
Among other things.

If matchmaking needs to be fixed, then fix it for all. Don't create a new mode of play to lessen the problem for some. The fact that self found and traders are unfavorably matched in public games is a symptom. The solution is to improve matchmaking, not to separate self found and traders.
Reply Quote
Sure!
Perhaps you should make a thread about it?
I mean, self-found is about more than just matchmaking after all.
Reply Quote
+1 OP my thoughts exactly, with so many more important issues with this game that need addressing, i can't believe ppl are spamming up the forums with this nonsense.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 09:36 AMPosted by SrIkCursed
+1 OP my thoughts exactly, with so many more important issues with this game that need addressing, i can't believe ppl are spamming up the forums with this nonsense.

It's because it is important.
But it's understandable if you disagree.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 09:43 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
In this thread: Different people with different play styles asking for different things in a new mode to support their play style. In one post, self found is not about recognition. In the next post, it is. So much win here.

We all have different opinions on EVERYTHING.
It's up to the devs what to make of it.
Reply Quote

I mean, self-found is about more than just matchmaking after all.

Self found is about different things to different people. What it isn't about is fixing root problems. That's where my objections come from. Fix the root problems first, then talk about adding new things, as needed. Fix the root problems and a lot of the reasons why self found mode is "needed" go away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]