Diablo® III

CoB End-game Progression Guide

@luffy

please link your shield build profile too..=D
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 12:06 AMPosted by EremiteAngel
please link your shield build profile too

Eremite, speaking of the shield path, although the DPS is lower than mojo, and the LS+mit is lower than 2H LS, it is still very much related to CoB. If you're willing to help, we can extract your experience and videos links for Topic (6). Would this project be of interest to you?
Reply Quote
Hopefully I can roll one with ar lol
Reply Quote

Even if you grudgingly go the 2H path, there are also current weaknesses in your gear, several pieces can have +100 Intel here, +100 Vit there, some CHC, some CHD (Topic 3). There's quite a wide variety of mid-tier gear that can be upgrades for you, if you snipe the AH.

That's true, however even the mid-tiers cost well over 50mil. Given I spend all my time inefficiently killing monsters the rmah gets more and more attractive by the day haha
Reply Quote
mmm thx for the invi paul but I am not sure if a shield gearing will be a fit for your guide/thread.

I love how you have fleshed out the skorn path so well for new/old docs. even the 1H vs 2H topic is immensely helpful.
only thing I felt was out of place is topic 6's kykah's handling of RD using 1H-mojo. Helpful as it is for 1H-mojo folks, it doesn't fit your guide's overall skorn theme XD
as my 1H-shield does not fit =(

Also as you said, shield gearing loses to mojo for DPS (which is more efficient farming-wise and faster killing also equates to survivability) and also loses to 2H for DPS as well in stand-and-tank situations. which may make it harder for new/casual players to adapt to...I've tried skorn path and it is much smoother and much more new-player-friendly. though it has its hiccup moments, but very few.

Also...it isn't easy finding a 'good' shield on the market now...most are overpriced and not even that good...

so going shield is really...um...not the best choice for new/casual players or even old/experienced players (many who are focused on efficient farming and scoffed at the idea of dropping that just for a shield to handle maybe 10% or less of the more troublesome elites)...for now...=D

unless they have a shield-fetish...like I do XD
Reply Quote
Hey Paul,

Great guide. Thanks to all the WD's who are also contributing.

Just completed my COB build using Manajuma's Set and SOJ. The extra mana from the SOJ helps out a lot. +elite damage is really nice too. Now, my biggest challenge is improving my play technique.

Thanks

http://d3up.com/b/916889

206K dps
547K ehp
3300 int
1257 vit
4158 armor
858 AR
63K Life
88.4 Mit
Reply Quote
@ luff

haha yeah the 1 h set up is hard to leave tbh
ill keep my skorn around though :)

about the sword yeah the ias on it bugs me however im currently working on more ehp to offset the ehp loss from my rare . i am currently looking for a weapon without ias that can relplace mine
then use soj from now on that will eliminate 8% as
dunno yet still thinking about the options
Reply Quote
Good news (well, sort of) for research on Fire damage.

Don't be confused by the tool-tip and description, the 2 types of gear stats are very different!

"Adds 6% to Fire damage" is added to the character sheet, and buffs the black damage component of the weapon damage directly. The type of element does not matter.

"Fire skills deal 20% more damage" is calculated from the character sheet, and only affects skills that output "damage as Fire". In our topic of interest, CoB deals Fire damage. After obtaining the "damage per hit" from our character sheet, CoB damage is calculated from half that value because 1 cast = 2 ticks, and the numbers we see are for each tick.

Fire Element damage and Fire Skill damage
Video - http://youtu.be/2MiF8k6TEDo

The testing is done with and without glove. The glove used is:
Magefist
Adds 2% to Fire damage
Fire skills deal 20% more damage
IAS 4%
Intel 21 (worth about 1% damage from a base of 2081 to 2102)

Also, I made sure that wearing the gloves put me in the same APS bracket for CoB (1.31 APS and 1.36 APS) to ensure consistency in the results.

Test results:
------------------No gloves --------------------------------- With gloves
Melee ------- 919 (Non-crit) --- 1883 (Crit) -------- 948 (Non-crit) --- 1944 (Crit)
max CoB -- 4584 (Non-crit) -- 9397 (Crit) -------- 5556 (Non-crit) -- 11391 (Crit)

For Melee,
Damage "with gloves" is about 3% higher than "no gloves", proving that "Adds 2% to Fire" goes into the character sheet, together with 21 Intel (worth about 1% increase in Intel). This is consistent with expectations.

For CoB multipliers,
If we divide "no gloves" melee damage by 2, we get a CoB multiplier of 9.98 (almost 10), consistent with the skill description and what we understand about CoB damage. The strange part is when I added the glove, the CoB multiplier became 11.72. I was expecting a 20% increase in the multiplier, but I only achieved 17.4% increase.

CoB damage comparisons,
Damage "with gloves" is about 21.2% higher than "without gloves", for both Non-crit comparison as well as Crit comparison. We note that the glove brought 2% elemental damage and 1% worth of base Intel to the character sheet. Considering "per tick" instead of "per hit", I expected the damage increase to be 1.015 x 1.2 = 1.218 or 21.8%, but the result was only 21.2%.

Initial conclusion
Although "Fire skills" clearly add significant damage output that scales with the CoB channel, the calculations seem a bit off. The only guess I can make is that the damage per tick had some rounding off, so instead of 1.0149 x 1.2, it became 1.01 x 1.2 = 1.212 or 21.2%
Reply Quote
paul

ty for your time on this question and the time it took to verify data

the conclusion is what you and I suspected all along but this nails it

wonderfull!!!

thanks again :)
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 8/1/2013 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ahhh goal achieved

http://d3up.com/b/913803/oogabooga#gear

401k dps against elites ;p with soj
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 06:10 AMPosted by REAPER666
401k dps against elites ;p with soj

Grats on 400k, however, this build doesn't look "sustainable" and the armor/AR is actually lower than the other 1H build you linked. Kindly do a solo Uber proof. I think you'd need 2 mana passives because you don't have dual mana properties on your mojo, which will make SB even harder to handle with your current mitigation. Will be really happy to be proven wrong. I'm still eagerly waiting for stable 1H profiles to cross 400k.

Some weeks ago Skitzflik also cleared the 400k unbuffed (without SoJ), but he didn't have Zuni 4pc and therefore didn't manage to "sustain" mana and clear Uber solo.

Come on dude, we're all cheering for you!
Reply Quote
ty paul

ill record ubbers and post here

wish me luck !!!!

oh that siege... eeek
Reply Quote
Added the section about "Fire element and Fire skill damage" to Topic (3).

Added the latest research by GunnersDream on Mana consumption, -FB gear stat, BR and PTV Passives to Topic (3), and corrected all the mana related details in the guide.
Reply Quote
I saw many WDs using Pestilence to pull. I have to say i never used Locust Swarm at all, so i saw pestilence was the way, in order to dont interrupt casting and get the mobs comming

Last weekend i was reading again the skill, since i dont find pestilence more use than to pull, and i found Devouring Swarm. Awesome! 37 mana / enemy affected= no more mana problems.

Why ppl prefer Pestilence?, so far, i saw DS jumping w/out stopping.
Edited by Tango#1978 on 8/5/2013 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Different people have different preferences ;)
Pestilence jumps double of Devouring, so if you are not satisfied with the way your locust spreads, use Pestilence.

Also, former Bear users, when they switch to CoB, they find mana too easy, they really don't know how to spend their mana, and they have spare skill slots to use whatever suits their mood.
Reply Quote
08/05/2013 09:40 AMPosted by PaulNg
Different people have different preferences ;)

..ok, besides that !!!!

08/05/2013 09:40 AMPosted by PaulNg
Also, former Bear users, when they switch to CoB, they find mana too easy

i only have mana problems when i need to recast cus some mobs interrupts the casting....or when barbs choose to use EF in the main hand or when wizards chills the mobs and i have to move to them to recast!

Devouring Swarm FTW!
Reply Quote
I saw many WDs using Pestilence to pull. I have to say i never used Locust Swarm at all, so i saw pestilence was the way, in order to dont interrupt casting and get the mobs comming

Last weekend i was reading again the skill, since i dont find pestilence more use than to pull, and i found Devouring Swarm. Awesome! 37 mana / enemy affected= no more mana problems.

Paul.. need to show this dude a video where the whole map is aggroed.

Leroyyyyyyy
Reply Quote
08/05/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Lightofeast
Paul.. need to show this dude a video where the whole map is aggroed.

I have seen those on youtube, but I've not done it myself. My notebook will go into slow motion with all the animation and moving things. In theory though, I'm not convinced that Pestilence is better than Devouring Swarm, the tooltip is double the effectiveness but I'm not sure if we even need that double jumping.

I'll see if I can get some videos recorded for Pestilence and Devouring Swarm.
Reply Quote
@luffy

Here it is...
http://d3up.com/b/937457
I need a better pants :(
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 8/6/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@luffy

Here it is...
http://d3up.com/b/937457
I need a better pants :(

200k+ DPS with 1M+ EHP without JF passive...that makes me so jelly...
very impressive as usual =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]