Diablo® III

CoB End-game Progression Guide

09/15/2013 09:14 PMPosted by PaulNg
Your advise needs to come with supporting statements such as "only tested in Act 1 FoM" or disclaimers such as "not tested in Ubers solo"

a. it DOES works from A1 to A3, i just did complete acts runs this week. But also if you are looking to lvl up, you will hit hight populated zones, each act. Of course your are going to be SW dependant aganist some affixes (shielded, vortex, teleport, etc) and "hit & run" mobs, like A1 KW , but trust me, works pretty much fine.

Dunno A4, ill try it this week.

b. works for ubers, just need to change the passives: SA and BR are a must

09/15/2013 09:14 PMPosted by PaulNg
- if they had limited budget and only 1 piece of gear per slot,

If its about limited budget, then a taly chest is so much cheaper than a zuni one with the same stats w/out AR, Then, if he already has a tally ammy, then the combo is good way to go.
Reply Quote
Of course your are going to be SW dependant aganist some affixes (shielded, vortex, teleport, etc) and "hit & run" mobs, like A1 KW , but trust me, works pretty much fine.

This thread is not based on trust, it's based on proof.

Can the WD gear Tal's 2pc and Zuni 3 pc from the beginning (from Hell difficulty into Inferno difficulty), or is there a transition point somewhere later where it subsequently becomes "OK" to gear this way?

Edit: Perhaps a minimum DPS, where GI/GF can actually work in MP10? So you'd put GI/GF set up on Act 1 FoM through Halls of Agony, then switch to BR/SA just before your fight Butcher? Then when progressing to Act 2, you'd use GI/GF throughout the Act, until you face Belial and then switch to BR/SA?

If you tested vigorously, you can link your videos on the significant contents of the game at MP10 - example, A1 and A2 farming runs, A4 spires, various bosses, Uber runs, etc. Write a simple summary of your techniques and style, and I'll add the whole chunk to Topic (6), with acknowledgements to you being the contributor. Websites such as Bandicam allow free download, and recording of up to 10-minute per run. Websites such as Youtube allow free uploading of videos.
Edited by PaulNg#6869 on 9/16/2013 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, I'm a bit late to answer, had a break from a game. I'm not challenging you for the best player, nigher I'm interested in trolling. You pretty much just did testing with 1handers while you still do not use them right. As for me I helped a lot of new players with gear and advice and killing stuff for them, and written guides for players in russian forums which considered to be helpful by many as well. I sorry you're so sensible and feel I'm challenging you )), but your appeal for helping new undergeared 1h players is not working because you tend to overgear them with mana while loosing their overall efficiency. If you know how to play 1h you should now that all you need is a basic ZuniSet + 12 mana regen on mojo - and you're set to go with COB - no need for fancy mana and mana reduce hats and rings - it's an unnessesary bonus. If you don't kill stuff with this basic set on mp10 those fancy items won't help you anyway - you just lower your mp and you be more efficient in farming on your path to mp10. Than you got where you can experiment with gear any way you want, with Tyraels, Tal Rashas etc etc. Scorn is definetely a shortcut, but 1h is a different story. Man I played since beginning and used all kind of weapons and builds you can imagine, but our difference that I focused on 1handers while you on 2handres. I'm telling you the cheaper and easier setup, but you keep calling me a troll, while I was actually quite friendly and supportive, but some people don't want to see their mistakes. And there's no math in this game - it's called arithmetic - I don't need to proof anything with it - there are plenty of people I play with in parties and those setups work like a charm, you even have my videos. "Sustainable mana", "Sustainable HP" etc. - those things contradict efficiency in terms of gold, loot, whatever. That's my signal to you, and it's not trolling. But If you don't agree, it's ok. It's enough for me if some people read it here and find it reasonable. Cheers

No. Did you test 1h setups a lot?

Maybe not as much as you. I have 1H spear, 1H axe, 1H sword, 1H knife, 1H dagger, US mojo with mana regen, SoS mojo with max mana and mana regen, VoG with mana regen and -12FB, SoJ with -6 FB. I still have these items in my stash, can test with Zuni 4pc bonus or without the 4th bonus.

I've tested with SA and BR passives, SA only, or BR only. I've tabulated the APS limits for all the different 1H weapons based on sustainable mana holding channel in town, with SW:HG, and without SW:HG.

For mana that is net negative, I give a time estimation of how long the channel can hold up. Not exhaustive testing, but still very time consuming.

Now then, did you test 1h setups a lot?

It's so easy to be a forum troll isn't it? Just a few minutes and a few lines. Why don't you try spending hours and hours data testing, formulating test boundaries, look through video recordings, do some mathematics to proof a concept, etc?

Or maybe help some new player, guide them through the game, teach them how to speed farm or DE farm, etc? All your hours in the game, what have you done? Who have you helped? What have you become? A troll. A grumpy one I may add.

To put it simply, go write your own guide, and you can then go on and on about how you never run out of mana, and that you're the best player in the world, etc.
Edited by KyKaH#2425 on 9/17/2013 6:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 06:38 AMPosted by KyKaH
I'm sorry, I'm a bit late to answer, had a break from a game.

Indeed you are, but it's better late than never.
This thread is not about opinions, it's about proof. Many months ago I asked you to show anything you want. It could be Ubers solo, using only Zuni 3-pc, stacking full IAS gears, anything. Just prove it, and it goes into Topic (6) as a playstyle for other CoB WDs to consider. It's not difficult since you've been playing since day 1, and helped so many players all over the world.

Just prove it, and it gets acknowledged. Simple, short and sweet :)
Reply Quote
bump ;)
Reply Quote
<(^^<)
Reply Quote
This is a great thread for tons of info. I'd like to know what you think I should focus on next as an upgrade while I am farming and selling to get more gold

Thanks
Reply Quote
09/27/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Ryum
I'd like to know what you think I should focus on next as an upgrade while I am farming and selling to get more gold

Tough choice. I'd try to craft bracer or get a lacuni prowlers. For crafted, I'd focus on 300 Intel, 6% CHC, and either 65+ AR or 250+ Armor. If you can roll vit or %life, even better, although the chances of such perfect stats are close to 0. For purchased lacuni, I'd go for 9% IAS, 70+ Intel, 6% CHC.

In terms fo upgrades, bracer isn't the best choice, but the knockback is doing serious harm. Have you tried sampling with cheap rare items just to get near 50% CHC (use Scoundrel to help with 3% CHC)? Have a shot at it, and see the effect of high CHC when paired with a Skorn.
Reply Quote
09/27/2013 06:16 AMPosted by PaulNg
I'd like to know what you think I should focus on next as an upgrade while I am farming and selling to get more gold

Tough choice. I'd try to craft bracer or get a lacuni prowlers. For crafted, I'd focus on 300 Intel, 6% CHC, and either 65+ AR or 250+ Armor. If you can roll vit or %life, even better, although the chances of such perfect stats are close to 0. For purchased lacuni, I'd go for 9% IAS, 70+ Intel, 6% CHC.

In terms fo upgrades, bracer isn't the best choice, but the knockback is doing serious harm. Have you tried sampling with cheap rare items just to get near 50% CHC (use Scoundrel to help with 3% CHC)? Have a shot at it, and see the effect of high CHC when paired with a Skorn.

I use the scoundrel and will look at bracers when I pop in next. Will look at comparable items with more CHC though also. You are saying that is the main stat I should look to get higher without sacrificing any of the life, armor, ar and ect right?
Reply Quote
09/27/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Ryum

I use the scoundrel and will look at bracers when I pop in next. Will look at comparable items with more CHC though also. You are saying that is the main stat I should look to get higher without sacrificing any of the life, armor, ar and ect right?

You should sell left ring 100% and buy one with JUST crit chance and crit damage. Your gear is not at the point where you need to add attack speed and you sacrifice many other stats for that attack speed.

If you add 2% crit on left ring, 2.5% on helm, 1-2% on the zuni pox, 1.5% on the bracers, all those little amounts added up will make a big difference and should help you farm much more efficiently.

Also pro-tip, get Buriza (sp? check my profile for it) for your scoundrel, it helps a ton when he can freeze annoying elites that like to run away.
Reply Quote
I check the ah for that bow waiting for a good price while I am still farming and saving up

I checked out the rings and yeah if I drop atk speed I can get a big dps upgrade for what looks to be around 5mil so will go for that too when I see something too good to pass up.

thanks for the info
Reply Quote
09/27/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Ryum

Yes, prioritize CHC for upgrades, without doing harm to your other stats.

If you're going to craft, try 5-10 per day to avoid frustration, and allow your gold to continue building up.

Good luck!

09/27/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Ryum
I check the ah for that bow waiting for a good price while I am still farming and saving up

Group runs are far better than any follower.
Reply Quote
I got one for 1mil with 8% freeze last night. I like it, but agree gotta start getting into groups again
Reply Quote
Great thread.

Any ideas on where I can improve this guy? Some of this gear is borrowed, other's where drops from when I was leveling my barb. Thanks.
Reply Quote
09/28/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Echoes
Any ideas on where I can improve this guy? Some of this gear is borrowed, other's where drops from when I was leveling my barb. Thanks.

I have always been a fan of the 2H Skorn weapon. Since you're on the 1H path, I'll make some suggestions based on your current profile.

Your weakest pieces are your rings (offense), followed by gloves (defense), amulet (offense). Your mojo can get near 300 Intel. Your pants can come with +Armor, a level 63 pants can reach 700-800 total Armor.

Your gloves can possibly craft vit or armor, although the chances of a better craft isn't high.

Look to add +100 to +150 average damage on your rings and amulet. That will shoot your DPS very high. With regards to mana management, a sword isn't a very good choice. If possible, use a spear/mace/axe.

As you upgrade your DPS, your mitigation needs to go up, and your biggest problem will be against reflect damage.
Reply Quote
Great, thanks for the advice. I was also wondering about the belt and bracers, both have Pick Up radius. Is it overkill? Would I be able to change say the bracers for ones with Armor perhaps?
Reply Quote
09/28/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Echoes
Is it overkill? Would I be able to change say the bracers for ones with Armor perhaps?

Some players prefer higher PUR, although I think 1 piece of PUR is enough for CoB builds.

There are 2 popular end-game choices for WDs who enjoy having 24% movement speed:
1) Inna's pants with crafted bracers
2) Rare pants with Lacuni bracers

The difference being #1 is generally more aggressive (higher DPS and lower eHP). For 2Handers, #1 is the only practical way to reach 50% CHC.

If movement speed is not a concern, then rare pants with crafted bracers provide the best balance for offense and defense. Regarding the bracer alone, 1Handers frequently say that crafted bracer is better than Lacuni, myself using a 2H Skorn, the Lacuni is always better than crafted bracer.

The short answer to your question is: yes, you can reduce PUR for 1 other useful stat of your choice.
Reply Quote
bump ;)
Reply Quote
bump !
Reply Quote
Hey everyone, i got a question regarding the super breakpoints.

First of my question would be how much of an dmg upgrade is the jump from the 1.52 breakpoint to the 2.001? Is it comparable to, for example barbs WW ticks (where hitting breakpoints actually might increases your damage even if your screen dps went down).

My second question would be how playable the 2.001 actually is. Is it possible to run it with only 4p Zuni, SoJ, an Mana reg mojo and Jaunt?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]