Diablo® III

Please enlighten me, y no mercenaries?

Finding new mercenaries were almost as exciting as finding new gear, you could equip the mercenary to your builds desire and they would be a huge part of end game farming.

In D3, they have barely any usage, lets face it, we all carry a follower around only because for that extra % skills in their final talent tree.

Meaningful story? followers making a impact on the world of d3? I found none of that, I was looking forward to a interesting chat with the followers and side quests to follow them, not to the degree of torment planescape or balders gate of course but something amazing as promised.

You Know personally, I would like a customizeable dummy who is actually useful to my game play, giving me added variation to the game play rather then have a follower who adds nothing to my game play at all
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Lumbra
In D3, they have barely any usage, lets face it, we all carry a follower around only because for that extra % skills in their final talent tree.

Nope. Not all, most players use a MF/GF template for their follower. Parangon 100 use them for farm efficiency in High PM. You should read http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569307848

Even if i understand your D2 mercenaries nostalgia, i'm afraid your poor use of followers gives it much emphasis.

You Know personally, I would like a customizeable dummy who is actually useful to my game play, giving me added variation to the game play rather then have a follower who adds nothing to my game play at all

I'm really sorry but i don't understand why, as a Cold Blooded passive user, none of your follower deals cold damage... To sum it up, the way your follower are stuffed now, there's no way they can give you any form of satisfaction.
Reply Quote

Blizzard probably will expand the follower's inventory in an expansion. But you shouldn't even complain about the follower being useless if you haven't even bothered to give them decent gear to do anything.
Reply Quote
Mercs in vanilla D2 were pretty crappy as well. I'd be surprised if Blizzard doesn't overhaul or at least expand follower mechanics in the expansion since this is one of the most common criticisms of Diablo 3.

Followers in D3 are only truly useful as pure support characters. In that role they do well if you gear them out correctly. But the game does absolutely nothing to point this out, nor is there any explanation or even acknowledgement of the massive damage penalty they have.
Reply Quote
Freeze.
Reply Quote
1. They are Followers not Mercenaries because you pay nothing for their assistance. "Hire" means you give nothing.
2. In Diablo 2 my merc did a much better dps then me(my amazon wasn't that strong). Here mercs are nerfed doesn't matter even that in Inferno monsters can have millions of HP.
Reply Quote
Yeah let's all go back to the D2 system where Act II Nightmare hirelings were head and shoulders above every other variety unless you invested crazy amounts in highly specialized gear.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 06:39 AMPosted by AshTag

Nope. Not all, most players use a MF/GF template for their follower. Parangon 100 use them for farm efficiency in High PM. You should read http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569307848

Even if i understand your D2 mercenaries nostalgia, i'm afraid your poor use of followers gives it much emphasis.

I'm really sorry but i don't understand why, as a Cold Blooded passive user, none of your follower deals cold damage... To sum it up, the way your follower are stuffed now, there's no way they can give you any form of satisfaction.

32% mf? Big deal..... and they never do any damage so they can only help your character farm better by the small bonus in stats they give.
Reply Quote
10/02/2013 01:19 PMPosted by siK209
and they never do any damage

That is so wrong, man.
Reply Quote
I don't even bother with the new mercs. they are simply useless... I'd rather team up with some 2nd random guy. I miss D2 mercs system and much more...

Trying to play the game before the expansion ships, but I am not even sure if I will buy it... it might be my first Blizzard game I will not have on my shelf... (except WoW, which I would never buy and play even if paid less than 6 digit USD amount)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]