Diablo® III

3rd party tools for multiboxing allowed?

In the EU forum we have a discussion about 3rd-party multiboxing.

Are 3rd party tools for multiboxing to get access to the "synchronize 4 characters"-function allowed?

"synchronize 4 characters"-function means that the characters 2-4 are executing the same commands as character 1.... of course ingame the characters aren't doing the same thing, because 3 characters are being played blind.... so while char 1 picks an item, char 2 is walking, char 3 is attacking a monster

also the player using 3rd-party software is getting 4 times the gold and items as a player who's not using it.

an answer is appreciated.
Edited by Alukat#2633 on 7/3/2013 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This topic has been done to death. :P

Yes it is allowed. Why? Because the player has purchased all 4 accounts. So as long as it's direct input that's doing the job (mouse/keyboard) it's allowed, regardless of if it is only one mouse/keyboard.

Edit: That's not to say I condone it. I think it's a really cheesy way of playing.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/3/2013 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:21 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Why? Because the player has purchased all 4 accounts.

LOL since when does money override rules?

So as long as it's direct player input that's doing the job (keyboard) it's allowed.

for me this 3rd-party it is like a macro.....

macro: 1 keystroke > 4 actions
3rd-party-MB: 1 keystroke > 4 actions
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
Since Activison Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Oh here we go again.

The bottom line is you are still playing the game and controlling all 4 characters even if it is simultaneously. The added micromanagement actually makes the game more challenging than playing one character. I would bet the majority of normal players would give up after 30 minutes if that.

The purchasing multiple accounts argument is stupid. Botters buy multiple accounts as well and Blizzard has obviously made it clear it is not welcome. If it were about money Blizzard would allow botting, scripts, mods and macros and on top of that they would make the game user-friendly to all of it to convince more people to spend money doing it. There are way more compelling arguments to make as to why Blizzard is all about the benjamins and this is not one.

Anyone arguing against multi-boxing does so out of ignorance.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Southbronx
Since Activison Blizzard.

Since multi-boxing WoW has been around long before Act-Blizz?

Man you've got it all figured out.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:33 AMPosted by twoBEEZplz
The bottom line is you are still playing the game and controlling all 4 characters even if it is simultaneously.

and with macros player are still playing the game and controlling the char as well.
Reply Quote
It will be interesting if I could play with my other characters.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Alukat
LOL since when does money override rules?

Are u living on planet earth
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:44 AMPosted by Alukat
The bottom line is you are still playing the game and controlling all 4 characters even if it is simultaneously.

and with macros player are still playing the game and controlling the char as well.

The difference:

A macro simulates multiple actions across one or more characters.

A repeater simulates one action across multiple characters.

I am not arguing against macros but if someone created a macro that with one keypress played the entire game for you, is that okay? A multi-box doesn't do that. You still have to activate every movement and skill with its corresponding key or mousebind. You are still playing the entire game.

If I buy two accounts, one for me, and one for my brother and we both play together every day, should that not be okay because you do not have a brother who can play with you?
Reply Quote
well the 3rd-party software playes the entire game for 3 of 4 characters.....you are just playing char 1, because that's your active window and the char which you are controlling. The software is simply copying your commands to the other characters, so they are automatically doing the same commands which you are doing for char 1.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Alukat
well the 3rd-party software playes the entire game for 3 of 4 characters.....you are just playing char 1, because that's your active window and the char which you are controlling. The software is simply copying your commands to the other characters, so they are automatically doing the same commands which you are doing for char 1.

Wrong. Without the input from me the 3rd party software does absolutely nothing at all. If I drive 4 remote controlled cars with one remote, who is driving the cars, me or the remote? If I put the remote down what happens?

I still have to loot, I still have to vendor, I still have to repair, I still have to ressurect and click objects. I still have to make smart gameplay decisions to avoid death. I still have to play the game.

Please explain to me the difference between one person playing 4 accounts or four people playing 4 accounts.

Here it is, are you ready for it?

The person playing 4 accounts gets to keep all of the loot. Why is this okay, because I paid for all 4 accounts. If I were rich and hired 4 guys to play my 4 accounts while I am at work, is that not okay? If I invite 3 friends over to my LAN and we play my accounts is that not okay?

It boils down to ownership and human interaction. If I buy 4 accounts I can play them however I like as long as I am actually playing them.

When you play the lottery don't buy more than one ticket because that's not fair. Everyone should only be allowed one ticket per drawing so people with more money don't have better odds at winning. Sorry that's not how the world works, sport-o.
Reply Quote
Oh and by the way, no one is stopping you from multi-boxing OP. If you think we have such a huge advantage please be my guest and try it. I assure you, you will be very disappointed.
Reply Quote
Not sure why people want to even make an argument here. The fact that you are using a 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE that has direct interaction to the game is pretty much self explanatory. That's like indirectly saying it's okay for gold farmers to run 1000 accounts using 3rd party software as long as someone is playing it. what a joke.
Reply Quote
Multiple blues across several Blizzard games confirm multi-boxing is allowed.

You can speculate why, all we know is that it is allowed, the majority use some form of 3rd party tool.

Some of these tools auto-follow, some automate duplicate copies of keystrokes/clicks, some are essentially bots putting in various inputs directed by user scripts.

We also know that DarkD3 was considered ban worthy, and it only changes the visuals of the game.

So somewhere between the two is a factor that made Blizzard decide they want to allow the multi boxing option.

You can guess what it is.

PS: I don't care about multi boxing. I'm upset that not botting, flipping or multi boxing excludes you from MP10 or statistically seeing a single BIS drop in your lifetime. If itemization, replay value, and the economy weren't shunted towards certain "features", multi boxing would be a non issue, just as botting was a non issue for me in D1/D2.
Edited by Rapparee#1340 on 7/3/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What? 3rd party software not allowed? Man, going to have a hard time playing this game without any drivers installed.....Yea, 3rd party software is allowed (but not supported) as long as it does not do the following:

•Obtain information about Diablo III that's not normally available to the player
•Transmit or modify the Diablo III game files
•Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design
•Change how Diablo III interacts with Battle.net
Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10319928/diablo-iii-players-banned-update-6-27-2013

Multiboxing, when used in a very specific way does not violate the ToU because it does none of those things, and I can assure you that controlling multiple characters via broadcasting keystrokes is not as easy as you might think and the extra loot is not as (efficiently) profitable as you might think.

07/03/2013 07:38 AMPosted by twoBEEZplz
Oh and by the way, no one is stopping you from multi-boxing OP. If you think we have such a huge advantage please be my guest and try it. I assure you, you will be very disappointed.
QFT. IS Boxer has a free 7 day trial. 8 out of 10 people I know that tried it gave up because it was "too hard" or "too inefficient". You pretty much summed up everything I had to say twoBEEZplz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]