Diablo® III

Isolation, what happened?!?!? (+RIP)

As someone new to lurking here, I am somewhat inspired by the reference above to your gold coming from sale of drops... I am always poor - mostly because if I hit 1M gold, I look for upgrades.

Anyhow, RIP.
Reply Quote
View profile
HO! SNAP hoooriable loss..

I actually will drink in your honor tonight... I needed a reason.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
R.I.P, KerriganIII. Your attitude is inspiring, Isolation. It's good to see the level of success you've achieved with (what I presume is) such a common trade practice.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
Sorry to hear you lost your wizzie, Iso. Especially to such a stupid noob mistake! :p But I guess that's better than a DC, heh. HO SNAP!
Reply Quote

HAHA well done Sir!

You again

HAHA yes sir, in the E-flesh!

Marmoset thinks Dirk and he should do some runs together!
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Grimiku
R.I.P, KerriganIII. Your attitude is inspiring, Isolation. It's good to see the level of success you've achieved with (what I presume is) such a common trade practice.

I know that one day, Grimiku, you will issue a hearty "ho snap!" to the fallen...
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:45 AMPosted by marmoset

I know that one day, Grimiku, you will issue a hearty "ho snap!" to the fallen...

This made me laugh... and I cant wait to see it.
Reply Quote
When I first saw this post I thought you lost your WD -_-

I'm glad it was just your alt wiz though! RIP though!

If you want to lvl up another, my wiz is 29 and he's the last class I need to have all 5 at 60. He won't have any gear though once I hit 60 since I'm pretty much broke now lol
Reply Quote
LOL sorry Isolation, didn't mean to scare everyone on your behalf!
Reply Quote
View profile
HO SNAP! RIP

Play your DH now :P
Reply Quote
Sorry to hear that.
One of my biggest pet peeves, and one of the reasons i still refuse to try HC is the terrible lag you get when entering any new area. D2 never had this problem :(
Reply Quote
RIP add me if you want, I play most nights. Have a few groups I can run with and would be an honor to have you on my list! I try to avoid public games and usually just level a new character if no one is on.
Reply Quote
Sorry to hear that.
One of my biggest pet peeves, and one of the reasons i still refuse to try HC is the terrible lag you get when entering any new area. D2 never had this problem :(

I think this was more the first game of the day lag thing. If you wait a minute or so for it to settle down you are fine. Definitely wouldn't let this stop you from playin' hc.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Isolation
totally fine in mp5, had the defense and the dps.

First off, sorry for the loss.

Secondly, hope you take no offense, you were way undergeared for MP5. I would say you were suited for MP2, 3 at the most. With 130k dps, at MP5, you would not be able to maintain your archon ability throughout your farming session. I would also recommend getting above 4k armor.

Nevertheless, I hope you roll a much harder and stronger wiz in the near future.

From a fellow wiz.
Reply Quote
RIP. Opening a fresh bottle of scotch for this one.
Reply Quote
hehe sry if this scared everyone :P :P. doesnt take long to get over it haha, played a little monk, a little self found, washed it all down with a stiff drink :p.
and no prob leftie, happy to have a second opinion. i rely heavily on lifesteal for defense so thats part of the fun for me, but youre absolutely right my dps was low for 5. i would lose archon from time to time, but i cant help myself sometimes :P.

As someone new to lurking here, I am somewhat inspired by the reference above to your gold coming from sale of drops... I am always poor - mostly because if I hit 1M gold, I look for upgrades.

Anyhow, RIP.

hey man, no secrets here. ive played 400 hours of softcore, and about 1200 hardcore. i sell what i find. the only items i can think of that i would have bought and resold at a higher price are ones i wanted to use, bid for weeks to win a good one at a low price...hated....and sold a little below market value haha :P.

07/03/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Grimiku

thanks grim, gotta take one on the chin sometimes haha.

HO SNAP! RIP

Play your DH now :P

haha, im thinking i will, havent played much of one since september, and that dead mans legacy is pretty nice....and i have always wanted a calamity...

07/03/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Galx
Sorry to hear you lost your wizzie, Iso. Especially to such a stupid noob mistake! :p But I guess that's better than a DC, heh. HO SNAP!

hahaha well hey, without me, there would be all these nice items floating around :p

EDIT: @ planch, ill make another wiz, gonna item find (found some goodies today already ^_^) until i pick up some good stuff and then decide where i go from there. might wait until monk is 100 (fingers crossed :P), might try DH, no leveling plans yet :D
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 7/3/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
glass canon passive and ruby gem in your helm was a mistake. You might have survived if wasn't for those 2 things.

Posion damages way too hard. I know they adjusted molten or w/e and bumped up posion damage, but I feel it wasn't done in a balanced way.

Plague covers a big area and when you are walled + frozen it really sux.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/03/2013 07:55 AMPosted by Isolation
i actually hadnt realized it was so easy, but i run diablo 3 from steam so it would be easy for me to launch it from anywhere (i skip the launcher/updater, most people dont do it but you can just go games->add a non steam game->diablo 3.exe, then right click, properties and under the target, just type in "-launch", with the hypen but not the quotes)

Is there a performance advantage running diablo 3 from steam?
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 09:52 PMPosted by DomonKassui
i actually hadnt realized it was so easy, but i run diablo 3 from steam so it would be easy for me to launch it from anywhere (i skip the launcher/updater, most people dont do it but you can just go games->add a non steam game->diablo 3.exe, then right click, properties and under the target, just type in "-launch", with the hypen but not the quotes)

Is there a performance advantage running diablo 3 from steam?

not at all lol. but i can talk to all my steam friends :P (girlfriend mostly)

glass canon passive and ruby gem in your helm was a mistake. You might have survived if wasn't for those 2 things.

Posion damages way too hard. I know they adjusted molten or w/e and bumped up posion damage, but I feel it wasn't done in a balanced way.

Plague covers a big area and when you are walled + frozen it really sux.

hehe i know, just testing things and seeing how i felt. its worth noting, that i wasnt even in archon at the point when i died, so nothing would have saved me. XD.

i always run with ruby in helm, many dont, but i figure if im receiving a massive killing blow, 6k health wont help much (or maybe it would haha, it wont with WD)

thanks for the tips :).
Reply Quote
HO SNAP!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]