Diablo® III

Let's discuss DH

Blizz think DH is fine. Strangely enough, I think DH is fine too.

Let's compare skill,
DH, RF: Bombardet, 414% dmg
WD, Firebats: CoB, 500% to 1000% (after 5sec)

Both are channel spell with similar resource cost comparatively. The main difference between that two, apart from the damage, Bombardent is "range" while CoB is "melee". You stay at range and can move the Bomberdent area while channeling RF, while CoB need you to stay 1 spot and gradually increase dmg. Those seem to be very fair.

So what's the problem?

It's the game mechanism. You just can't stay range in D3. In D2, minions and mercenaries are mobs magnet and tank for you. That's not the case in D3. The game AI just design to have mobs attack everything. That's why even Blizz buff RF, DH's best chance is still SP tanking. That's why RF look bad compare to CoB. RF isn't practical while CoB's melee aspect fit the game mechanism.

Many people think DH eDSP suck (including me). But I have to say, if DH can do real "range" damage, they should have worse eDSP comparing to whose do melee, a fair tradeoff afterall. But as now if ranged classes(Wiz, WD, DH) are forced to act melee, they deserve to have better eDSP than melee classes(Barb/Monk) to compensate the 30% damage reduce difference.
Reply Quote
2 words "Buff them"
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of playing with a strong DH. From the posts though, it seems they suck. So, I suppose buff them. Honestly though, I think they need to change the health and damage of MP levels. This way, ranged classes can kill stuff from a distance like they are supposed to. Maybe take off 33% of what exists now and add on 50% more damage. This way the Melee stack more defenses and ranged start kiting more.
Reply Quote
RF is not a range build it is a turret build.

Range means you keep your distance while dealing damage.
Turret means the mobs will move closer and closer until you become useless.

Have you play any sort of tower defend? What happen when your enemies move out of your range?

Have you not watch any movies where an archer is force to pull out a knife when his/her enemies gets close, and he/she did not plan to retreat?

D3 is very well designed as the time limit before your become close up to the monster is real-time, they are fast, so you need to move faster if you want to keep your advantage as a range.

Range class did not have the 30% damage reduction, but you have a 30% or higher chance of dealing damage before anything start to roll.
Reply Quote
So what you really meant to say is that you do NOT think the DH is fine.
Reply Quote
the 2 biggest problems we have are that we only have 1 *truly* viable skill for high MPs (RF (ok SP + RF)) and the cost of successfully gearing a DH for efficient MP10 runs far outstrips the cost of gearing up the other classes.

just my 2 cents
Reply Quote
the 2 biggest problems we have are that we only have 1 *truly* viable skill for high MPs (RF (ok SP + RF)) and the cost of successfully gearing a DH for efficient MP10 runs far outstrips the cost of gearing up the other classes.

just my 2 cents

Viable is different from efficient. We have tons of VIABLE builds for MP10. If its Efficient, I think I'll agree with you with that.

As for gearing cost, yeah, we're still in the HIGH COST to gear but other class can do better with those beez you might use in a DH.. But hey.. I'm paying to have fun and play a DIVERSE class.

If DHs gets a buff, I'd be happy for it.
Reply Quote

just my 2 cents

Echoing Blast and Imminent Doom must have dropped off the face of the earth for you.
Reply Quote

Many people think DH eDSP suck (including me). But I have to say, if DH can do real "range" damage, they should have worse eDSP comparing to whose do melee, a fair tradeoff afterall. But as now if ranged classes(Wiz, WD, DH) are forced to act melee, they deserve to have better eDSP than melee classes(Barb/Monk) to compensate the 30% damage reduce difference.

This is the real issue, Melee are Melee classes and should be able to TAKE hits better, while ranged classes should be able to STAY at range by killing faster but being squishier. If this is fine tuned enough you can actually reach a balanced eDPS for both. One will die if they turret for too long and thus needs to move so you lose some eDPS to maintain your range and hp the other will Die if they arnt in melee range constantly feeding off of the damage they deal consistently in battle. It just so happens blizz went full retard and somehow decided to not only provide the best mitigation to melee but also the most damage output lol which is counter to what you would expect and thus leads to the killing off of ranged gameplay. Not to mention the game is RIDDLED with anti range gameplay and affixes and such to make sure your always face tanking as much as possible.
Reply Quote
It no work?!?!?!?!! (↑.↑)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]