Diablo® III

Cant get audio to work in game.

I tried reseting the audio setting to default, tried restarting the game/computer and still nothing. not really sure why this has happened if anyone has suggestion that would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This old thread has a few people who had sound issues and some fixes that you didn't list. I'd try them all and report back if you fixed it or not... and by report back, I mean in this thread, not bumping this old one. ;)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051955369?page=1
Reply Quote
I too just lost sound as well. I've tried the suggested old thread and none seems to work on my Macbook Pro. Funny, I went into my WOW account and that too has no sound.
This happened right after I an update to my Razer mouse. Don't know if this has anything to do with it but just seems coincidental. Is Blizzard having sound issues? Any light on this is much appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I too just lost sound as well. I've tried the suggested old thread and none seems to work on my Macbook Pro. Funny, I went into my WOW account and that too has no sound.
This happened right after I an update to my Razer mouse. Don't know if this has anything to do with it but just seems coincidental. Is Blizzard having sound issues? Any light on this is much appreciated.

Can you test to see if it has to do with the mouse? Disable anything the Razer mouse installed or just by using a different mouse? Be sure to quit and reopen D3 after the change. May even try restarting the computer.

I use an Apple Mighty Mouse (been considering getting a "gaming mouse") with a Mac Mini and my D3 sounds work just fine.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
There is a thread about players losing sound in the World of Warcraft, and another thread on the SC2 MTS forum. All three games appear to be affected.

The first step I'm going to take in gathering information on this is to ask each person here to post whether or not they are part of the Battle.net Desktop Application beta. A yes or no will do for this question, but it needs to be asked to help determine where the problem may or may not be originating.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I uninstalled Razer Synapse 2.0 (if you search the word Synapse using spotlight one of the options is Uninstall Razer Synapse) and that fixed the problem for me with all three games.

Thanks Ypsilon for pointing out that you noticed it after updating your Razer mouse, that helped with with my troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sucks that it was caused by your Razer. That's one reason I've been so hesitant on buying a gaming mouse. Seen a few issues people have related to them. Either with games or even the OS in some cases.

Glad you were able to solve the problem, but now you should contact Razer and inform them that the latest update causes problems.

Personally, I can't imagine how a mouse could effect the sounds of a few apps (in this case, Blizzard games), but not the rest of the system.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For some reason the Razer Synapse 2.0 was creating a phantom USB sound device. When I went to System Preferences > Sound > Output it showed a USB sound device with no name. After I uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software the unnamed USB sound device disappeared at which point the game sound worked again.

So for fun I reinstalled Synapse 2.0 and the unnamed USB sound device reappeared and the game sound no longer worked.

But I agree, really odd.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I highly recommend you report your findings to Razer. May help out all those with sound issues and using a Razer mouse.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/01/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Cruciarius
I highly recommend you report your findings to Razer. May help out all those with sound issues and using a Razer mouse.

Done.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Hrm. Seems I was wrong about the origin of this one. D'oh!

I kind of wish I wasn't though since so many rely on the Razer products to play WoW and remap their keys to make the game (and even Diablo 3) more enjoyable. Alas, Razer's Mac software has been...spotty at best for years now as evidenced by the modifier key issues that continue to crop up with their products.

If this truly is the cause of the problem then the solution is simple, yet so agonizing at the same time. :(
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
@ TheTias:
And that is why I'm so on the fence about buying a gaming mouse. They aren't exactly cheap and I work retail... Granted my Apple Mighty Mouse works fine for me, I think I could make use of the additional buttons.

But at least we found out the problem. At least for most, I hope.
Reply Quote
Ok guys I think I found a fix to this problem. After snooping around the D3 and WoW forums, I found out the source of the problem. The latest Razer Synapse drivers were installing an audio input source which was messing up Blizzard games' audio.
To fix this, go to /System/Library/extensions (with finder selected, press "go" in the menu bar and then "go to folder")and delete the file called "RazerAPO.kext"
Now restart your computer and go into game settings and sound. Press the "output device" dropdown box and select "built in output"

EDIT: After some more experimenting, I think some of you will need to go to system prefs--> sound and select "headphones" or "speakers" for the game to work and you won't need to select "built in output" you can just use "default"
Edited by Vaiels#1996 on 7/1/2013 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey guys,
So far, I've unistalled Synapse 2.0 with the latest update and reinstalled Razer_Synapse_2.0_Mac_Driver_v1.11.dmg (the latest on their site). Apparently this did not have their latest update and sound is now restored to both D3 and WOW!
I was able to download my previous settings before the update from the cloud and was able to retrieve all my old settings. However after a restart I can longer access the Razer menu. Most likely because I haven't updated.
At this point I haven't tried Vaiels solution yet but will later and report back. Wanted to get my D3 fix first ;) At least I have sound back and my old settings.
Thanks all for the great feedback!
Reply Quote
Just tried the same solution Vaiels described above. I uninstalled Razer Synapse 2.0, removed the razor extensions from /System/Library/Extensions and rebooted. Sound worked in Diablo 3. I then reinstalled Razer Synapse 1.12 and sound continued to work after reboot. I then plugged in my Orochi and Nostromo to install their drivers and sound continues to work.

Hopefully this helps anyone who rely's on Razer peripherals.
Edited by bostonshawn7#1180 on 7/4/2013 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just a heads up, there is no need to downgrade drivers if you delete the .kext file
Edited by Vaiels#1996 on 7/4/2013 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]