Diablo® III

Get rid of the disconnect time.

I've lost all three of my HC WDs to disconnects. It's getting very irritating. All four of my HC chars, 1 monk and 3 WDs, were lost to these ridiculous disconnects.
Reply Quote
So stop playing hardcore. It obviously isn't for you.

Accepting hardcore is about accepting things outside of your control. People have lost paragon 90's+ because their roommates reset the internet router, or their wife accidentally unplugged the computer.

Hardcore is about playing, dying, and restarting. Glory to the dead.
Reply Quote
Do you know how long it takes for the timer to start? Your whining is only demonstrating ingornace.
It takes 40+ sec for the timer to start. Thats the.issue

The timer keeps the game clean and free from a chicken hack cheat
Reply Quote
Get a better internet connection and or computer. I have never had a disconnect on where the blames lies on the server end.

If those aren't an option for you then I would recommend playing SC. :)
Reply Quote

Accepting hardcore is about accepting things outside of your control. People have lost paragon 90's+ because their roommates reset the internet router, or their wife accidentally unplugged the computer.

While true, the problem with disconnect is the 40+ seconds it takes to drop from the game.

I would probably still be playing D3 if I knew 100% that I would drop after dc for 10 seconds.

Would you suggest I go play soft core and start all over? Cause I would suggest you shut up <3

But seriously the problem isn't the "10 second timer" its the 50 seconds before the timer starts.
Reply Quote

While true, the problem with disconnect is the 40+ seconds it takes to drop from the game.

I would probably still be playing D3 if I knew 100% that I would drop after dc for 10 seconds.

Would you suggest I go play soft core and start all over? Cause I would suggest you shut up <3

But seriously the problem isn't the "10 second timer" its the 50 seconds before the timer starts.

There is no problem. Accepting this is the first step towards playing hardcore. Things outside of your control.
Reply Quote

There is no problem. Accepting this is the first step towards playing hardcore. Things outside of your control.

Technical issues and a system to prevent alt f4 that does not work properly is unacceptable.

If it worked properly, there would be no issue, I would gear myself properly to increase my chance of surviving 10 seconds. But it is pointless to try to gear to live through 1 minute.

The issue is bigger than just "playing hardcore" for myself, its playing Diablo 3 entirely. There has been no official response on why their 10 second timer does not work properly, and it damages the high standards of Blizzard that I have come to expect.
Reply Quote
RIP, I remember playing with you recently. If you have disconnect issues, I suggest you stick to public games.
Reply Quote
That's why I have given up on HC. I DC once or twice a day and I will be dead if I DC near an elite or pack of white monsters in HC, even as a tank. I won't survive more than 20 seconds. 10 seconds is fair and I can gear tanky for this, but not 30+ seconds.
Reply Quote
Pub games will save you 86% of the time, more bodies to hit !!!
Reply Quote

So, let me get this straight. If we all were to use your reasoning, the 30 - 60 seconds it takes to end the game on the server side after a connection fails, is no problem at all. Having your uncontrolled character beaten to death in the long time it takes is all about acceptance. Even when considering the ten seconds timer was put in place to prevent cheating death, you still see no problem. Even when Blizzard could have done a much better job (it takes more caring than effort) in making hardcore an enjoyable experience where most of the deaths would occur due to player failure, you still see no problem.

Yeah... I'll refrain from using your reasoning.
Reply Quote
Well the big question is what is the nature of the disconnect. That is the key point here. On your side you may see a disconnect with everything on the screen not moving and you know that internet connection has been lost. But on the server side it might still be trying to pick up a connection not recognizing the full disconnect for 10-30 seconds, that is when the 10 second timer starts. I have had one system crash (0 disconnects) and when my system crashed the friends I was playing with said it took less than 5 seconds for the game to put me out.

Just something to think about when talking about the disconnect timer.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/03/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Loki
I have had one system crash (0 disconnects) and when my system crashed the friends I was playing with said it took less than 5 seconds for the game to put me out.

Maybe your friends can't count, or don't know when you crashed.
Reply Quote
So your saying my friend that was in the other room didn't hear me yell at him I crashed and to protect me? Sounds fishy to me :)
Reply Quote
Well the big question is what is the nature of the disconnect. That is the key point here. On your side you may see a disconnect with everything on the screen not moving and you know that internet connection has been lost. But on the server side it might still be trying to pick up a connection not recognizing the full disconnect for 10-30 seconds, that is when the 10 second timer starts. I have had one system crash (0 disconnects) and when my system crashed the friends I was playing with said it took less than 5 seconds for the game to put me out.

Just something to think about when talking about the disconnect timer.

Why ?

Is there anybody alive with a half functional brain who thinks blizzard have done everything within their power to keep their servers safe/stable ? I seriously doubt anyone here thinks so considering the fact that blizzard has dc protection on their other games and considering the fact that they have chosen not to address the dc issue once in the last year..

Is there anybody who will not feel disappointed/angry if they were to lose their main to dc ? I seriously doubt that as well coz after all we're all humans, those who claim they have zero problems with losing their mains to dc are simply put liars....

DC sux, we dont want the timer removed and whoever dies to DC has every right to blame blizzard, coz blizzard failed to deliver a stable product (dc on my end or their end, doesnt matter coz their product fails to register it fast enough hence they havent done their job)
Reply Quote
Would I have zero problems losing my main to a DC no of course not I would be pissed. But unlike the little whiny !@#$%^-s on these forums I would get over it and not *!@#$ about it, after all it is a game. Now if you spent real money on the gear or gold for your toon then that is a risk you take.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Loki
Would I have zero problems losing my main to a DC no of course not I would be pissed. But unlike the little whiny !@#$%^-s on these forums I would get over it and not *!@#$ about it, after all it is a game. Now if you spent real money on the gear or gold for your toon then that is a risk you take.

1. You have no idea how you would react in a situation you have yet faced, you only know how you would like to react in the said situation

2. Dont know how is gold even relevant but whatever...

3. I dont like the crying as there is no point to it, but then again I dont see any point to posts that say "I crashed and was out in 5 seconds"... good for you but how is that even relevant to the fact that blizzards servers are unstable...
Reply Quote
1. You have no idea how you would react in a situation you have yet faced, you only know how you would like to react in the said situation

2. Dont know how is gold even relevant but whatever...

3. I dont like the crying as there is no point to it, but then again I dont see any point to posts that say "I crashed and was out in 5 seconds"... good for you but how is that even relevant to the fact that blizzards servers are unstable...

1. This is not the first game I've played hardcore mode on and I have lost a lot of progress due to disconnected on multiple games.

2. Gold relevant really? real money to buy gold ----> use gold to buy items---->lose items to disconnect death---->lost money Think before u speak.

3. Sounds like you are crying and I am not saying that it will work out to 5 seconds for everyone on a crash more like the timer isn't always outrageous like everyone says.
Reply Quote

1. This is not the first game I've played hardcore mode on and I have lost a lot of progress due to disconnected on multiple games.

2. Gold relevant really? real money to buy gold ----> use gold to buy items---->lose items to disconnect death---->lost money Think before u speak.

3. Sounds like you are crying and I am not saying that it will work out to 5 seconds for everyone on a crash more like the timer isn't always outrageous like everyone says.

1. Good for you then, I havent dc died in other games...

2. There is no rmah in hc, if you're buying gold you're cheating in my eyes so yeah, not relevant...

3. I've never cried about dc's, nerfs nor anything else and your post has no point coz validity of "happened once to me" (when compared to thousands of others DC experiences and when Travis Day himself says he's not brave enough for HC coz of DC's) is non-existent... so as I said post as pointless as the thread it was posted in...
Edited by Smithey77#2936 on 7/3/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yet your still here :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]