Diablo® III

~~ Freeze nerf: Change your SNS Gear ~~

If they nerf CM can I have 3 second invincibility with incredibly high uptime like I get on my WD please? Thx.
Reply Quote
Oh and infinite godmode like I get on my DH and barb too. That would be nice.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:53 AMPosted by TekkZero
Except the developers strongly indicated they think the problem is the proc coefficients on skills like RLTW and WW. We can gripe whatever we want on the right way to fix CM/WW wiz, but Blizzard seems to view lack of diversity in Barb and Wizard being based on two runes having too strong proc coefficients. The reality for wizard is that WW has a disproportionately high proc coefficient, and that's because we can stack it and it ticks away very fast. It's pretty nuts that a 6s stationary twister has the same proc rate as twisters that move around and likely only hit a target for 1-2s. So I think we've been massively spoiled by Wicked Wind, and Blizz is beginning to understand what makes this rune so uniquely valuable to us.

Yes, Travis was a little outspoken about it. Travis and Wyatt talked about several different changes, including the potential/probable one to OWE, and I mostly agree with their idea not to destroy the gearing path, so I'm waiting for Travis to put his thoughts out there again (as they just promised to do over the next four months).

We need to assemble an inception team . . .
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:53 AMPosted by TekkZero
Except the developers strongly indicated they think the problem is the proc coefficients on skills like RLTW and WW.

yup they expressed that the mechanics to twisters seemed broken in both classes. Not sure they will actually just lower proc or tottaly change the mechanics though, i think it will be more the latter. Coz lowering proc rates might be just solved with more cc, cc nats + et cc stacking time.
Reply Quote
How many times are we going to make this topic? Are people just copy and pasting from old threads by now?
Reply Quote
jenpeezey:
Except the developers strongly indicated they think the problem is the proc coefficients on skills like RLTW and WW. We can gripe whatever we want on the right way to fix CM/WW wiz, but Blizzard seems to view lack of diversity in Barb and Wizard being based on two runes having too strong proc coefficients. The reality for wizard is that WW has a disproportionately high proc coefficient, and that's because we can stack it and it ticks away very fast. It's pretty nuts that a 6s stationary twister has the same proc rate as twisters that move around and likely only hit a target for 1-2s. So I think we've been massively spoiled by Wicked Wind, and Blizz is beginning to understand what makes this rune so uniquely valuable to us.

Yes, Travis was a little outspoken about it. Travis and Wyatt talked about several different changes, including the potential/probable one to OWE, and I mostly agree with their idea not to destroy the gearing path, so I'm waiting for Travis to put his thoughts out there again (as they just promised to do over the next four months).
Yeah, I'm very interested in seeing what else Travis says on the topic in the future. I wasn't sure initially if there was gonna be a nerf to CM or WW. But his most recent June interview taken into context of the May interview point to Blizzard strongly considering a massive tweak to the proc coefficient on WW. Now it's anybody's guess whether WW actually gets changed that way 6 months down the road, or if there are additional nerfs to other skills/passives. But WW is definitely on notice!

ximae:
Except the developers strongly indicated they think the problem is the proc coefficients on skills like RLTW and WW.

yup they expressed that the mechanics to twisters seemed broken in both classes. Not sure they will actually just lower proc or tottaly change the mechanics though, i think it will be more the latter. Coz lowering proc rates might be just solved with more cc, cc nats + et cc stacking time.
See I think that's the thing that actually want ultimately! If CM/WW wizards had to rely on et cc gear then it's a build closer to 0-dog, and it's not a build that everyone can effectively build with your cookie cutter gear. if this happened, I think CM/WW wizard would become less popular simply because there is not enough gear to go around. It's one of the reasons I think Meteor builds aren't very popular as often 3 sources of APoC (and some Meteor Reduction) is necessary for the build to shine.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 7/3/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmmm, my troll sense is tingling a wee bit (lookit dat title) but I'll share my 2 cents anyway. Rant on!

Personally, looking at earlier patches and what Blizzard calls "balancing" I fully expect that SNS and other CM/WW builds will be completely dead when they are done balancing WW and Frostnova. The one thing that tipped it over for me was hearing that Travis dude saying WW procs 10x too much a while back. That just tells me that the guy have no clue what so ever how WW works or why it is so good in tandem with Frostnova. WW is basicly !@#$ for anything but a freeze centric build (specialized builds is another thing), I've run several different no freeze CM/WW based builds and the only time it was viable for all-ish content (never did ubers) was during the APOC bug week, and I was still running 3 sources of APOC, 55-ish CC and 3,01 BP. It wasn't even entirely freeze less since I added a 5% CTF WH which helped a bit with keeping stuff in place.

Through my gaming years I have honestly never ever seen such heavy handed "balancing" that the D3 dev team is dishing out at patch time and I completely disagree with how it is done. Nerfing and buffing %^-* left and right and calling it balancing is just ridiculous. Balance is attained by applying small and frequent tweaks until you find, that's right, balance. Not grabbing the nerf bat as soon as someone comes up with a new effective build.

I expect both WW and FN to be nerfed making any and all CM/WW builds useless but, honestly, I doubt that will be the reason I quit the game, if I do. What will make me quit is a sub par itemization patch and a crappy expansion.

/End rant.
Reply Quote
I'm not seeing a nerf coming in guys maybe some slight changes but i don't see blizz making the funniest spec in the game unplayable
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Nobadz
I'm not seeing a nerf coming in guys maybe some slight changes but i don't see blizz making the funniest spec in the game unplayable

Living lightning
Venom
Meteor
Spectral Blades

"net buffed" to oblivion in previous patches. Bliz can and will nerf the best specs into the ground if it wants.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Ace
If Blizz nerfs CM again, ill just go back to using disintegrate like I did from day 1. Skorns will be the best due to huge dmg and slow attack which means you don't run out of arcane power. I didn't even have apoc and did fine with disintegrate by using a 2h mace. Also you get 2x more ls with 2h than 1h. 1h is only good for fast attack which is only good for CM builds.

FIRST
I don't understand why we have just 1 LS slot. WHY DA FUQ. I'm sure this will be addressed in itemization patch.

3LS is a joke compared to 6LS. Doesn't this look like obvious thing?

SECOND
We are not ranged class anymore. Monster density patch changed it even for those who played ranged.

Everything is close combat and Barbs/Monks/DHs have huge advantages with knockback.

THIRD
People should start making their second gear set on their WD. ^_^
Reply Quote
I am almost entirely sure that they are going to kill SNS.
They will probably nerf the WW proc coef by 50% or something.
You might be able to still get some kind of half decent freeze spec with even higher APS, CC, APoC and LoH (or switching to LS).
But what will be inevitably gone, is your eDPS. How does 4x multiplier SNS sound?
Reply Quote
Hmmm. Well at least Blizzard will lose part of their fan-base like they keep doing with World of Warcraft.

At least one of you might get a good deal on my SNS gear set.

The last time they nerfed Storm Chaser, which only lasted about 2 weeks before they turned WW back on without telling anyone, I just played my WD casually and checked out the key wardens.

Other than that I didn't play the game at all.
Reply Quote
Yea, it will come, and we will have to do some changes.

For safest transition, I think we need to prepare gear with at least 2 sources of APoC, LS wep, and real mit/ehp.

No glasses possible in no freeze world.
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 7/3/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Too bad there is no spell that does more damage the further away the target is, otherwise we could use a CM/WoF build. :)
Reply Quote
Another victory for Zuni set vs. Nats set. Those Zuni bonuses are so good.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:58 PMPosted by couchy
Too bad there is no spell that does more damage the further away the target is, otherwise we could use a CM/WoF build. :)

WoF could be buffed to Monks Bell levels.

:-O

EDIT: For even more annoying knockback! :-P
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 7/3/2013 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Fast & fun solo builds with reduced cost teleport/calamity & WOF incoming!

With buffed arcane orbitz pls.

EDIT: Ok maybe arcane orbit wouldn't hit monsters at all lol if they were constantly knocked back!
Edited by Vox#1186 on 7/3/2013 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Fast & fun solo builds with reduced cost teleport/calamity & WOF incoming!

With buffed arcane orbitz pls.

EDIT: Ok maybe arcane orbit wouldn't hit monsters at all lol if they were constantly knocked back!

Even if they weren't knocked back, only the orb directly in front of you gets triggered, while orbs float through mobs like a ghost behind and beside you.

Dumbest single spell design in the game.
Edited by couchy#1938 on 7/3/2013 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea, it will come, and we will have to do some changes.

For safest transition, I think we need to prepare gear with at least 2 sources of APoC, LS wep, and real mit/ehp.

No glasses possible in no freeze world.

dunno why u say that when i ran 31k no freeze glass cannon spec and shredded mp10 with multiple videos lol
Reply Quote
Even if they weren't knocked back, only the orb directly in front of you gets triggered, while orbs float through mobs like a ghost behind and beside you.

Dumbest single spell design in the game.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. That's why it should be buffed--and, not just in a bigger damage sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]