Diablo® III

~~ Freeze nerf: Change your SNS Gear ~~

why bother talking about it? you are predicting one way things will change, but the future is indeterminate, you are literally gimping yourself if you change now when its unnecessary

I mean the problem is not freeze or cmww, or perma wotb.

they can certainly change things without touching player gear

you can engineer around the issue of perma freezing/perma cc immunity with
eg:

a) new affixes. those that specifically ignore (freeze or perma wotb).

eg: teleport bombs, polymorph, globes of darkness, distance manipulation, dispel player buff, reflect debuffs (you freeze me, you get frozen). slow bubbles, remove inertia, anti teleport barrier, zone of no winds. negate lifesteal, disarm skill (via a massive cd: any skill in your skill bar can be inflicted with this, if cmww and WW gets hit..time to run) , zone of even less proc rates (which would reduce crits to 1/10th of what you have) etc

b) better mob ai.

imagine an elite pack with 4 affixes, but controlled by a player, encountering a cmww.. wtf would you as a player go to the cm wizard only to be frozen.

you would probably split out, maybe run to gather reinforcements from ranged attackers, when using affixes against the player, you would definitely want to surround yourself. if you have teleport or ability to run, you would definitely teleport then snipe at the player from range everytime he came close.

c) strength of many buff only applies when you are near the party guide. anyone soloing away from party members generally get no extra buffs.

d) tagging of monsters = lasts 6 seconds before its untagged (For loot purposes/xp purposes)

e) allow teleport to other players in combat instantly (like marvel heroes)

----

if you want to gear around possible nerfs, then gear such that your gear can be mostly reused on a COB WD.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 7/4/2013 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OP wants to shake the market apparently.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/03/2013 10:30 PMPosted by ELYOS
OP wants to shake the market apparently.

Yes, exactly.

When rich guys will realize that thir certain items are no longer hot, they will try to sell, even for less golds they payed.

The poor guys will see !!!GG!!! item for cheap, and they will buy them. Not knowing that the new item became total crap just few days ago.

Rich people will stay rich and with new good items, and poor guys will stay poor with bad items.

TL:DR
Don't invest into Chantodos Will.
Don't invest into IAS gear like Innas.
Don't invest into non-APoC Chantodos Force.

That's what I decided to do. I'm speaking about GG versions of those items, with anything like >$150 prices.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:46 PMPosted by apo
ut what will be inevitably gone, is your eDPS. How does 4x multiplier SNS sound?

Thats what im most worried about, since from a ls perspective half the edps means half the sustain which is what will have to be keeping us alive with lower control capabilities.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/04/2013 10:35 AMPosted by ximae
ut what will be inevitably gone, is your eDPS. How does 4x multiplier SNS sound?

Thats what im most worried about, since from a ls perspective half the edps means half the sustain which is what will have to be keeping us alive with lower control capabilities.

Meteor
Arcane Mines
Sleet Storm

Crits are big enough with low AS.
Reply Quote
My solution is just don't pay more than about $50 to gear up my char (I'm at about $35 net right now.) It's fun to maximize on a limited budget, as the 1B contestants know.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/04/2013 07:49 PMPosted by mou
My solution is just don't pay more than about $50 to gear up my char (I'm at about $35 net right now.) It's fun to maximize on a limited budget, as the 1B contestants know.

It's wise.

And look at the crafts you can make with that saved golds!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9423382599
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 7/5/2013 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 03:56 PMPosted by RobertVarga

Meteor
Arcane Mines
Sleet Storm

Crits are big enough with low AS.

yeah that ive figured out as if i drop to 2.1 aps i can get massive ehp boost with some of the pieces i have lying around (zuni chest, litany, %life alliegance) with it and still stay near 300k unbuffed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]