Diablo® III

Why should we care if your self found

2 Dwarf Priest
And why exactly do you think you deserve recognition and a league.

Ladder> Your stupid SF mode.
Reply Quote
agreed, Self found mode is a stupid concept. Ladder is what we need, not some stupid reward system for being a cheapskate.
Reply Quote
Self found sounds like a fun alternate way to play the game. Calling it stupid just sounds juvenile.
Reply Quote
Self found sounds like a fun alternate way to play the game. Calling it stupid just sounds juvenile.

^This.
Reply Quote
Tons of envy from anti-SF people.

So, it seems that you do care already.

For most normal, well-adjusted people though, if self-found mode is added you wouldn't have to play it. Just like nobody has to play hardcore.
Reply Quote

07/03/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Hallze
agreed, Self found mode is a stupid concept. Ladder is what we need, not some stupid reward system for being a cheapskate.

I guess I don't understand what you people are all hurt in the butt about. Standard/AH Camp mode already exists for you. IF they ever made an SF mode, it wouldn't affect you at all.
Reply Quote

Self Finders seek to Restore the Dignity of D2.

To Restore to the Diablo series The Dignity Of Self-Achievement by finding their own items or by successfully bargaining in trade with others who have done the same. Some may be criticized as being extremists by their objections to the GAH but their overall motives and objectives are true and sincere.

D3 in its current formulation is a Corruption of the Diablo Name.

If we all were self finders Blizzard would be faced with the immediate choice:

Fix the itemization ASAP or shut the game down because being a self-finder in this game as it exists is no fun at all. Self found players are either martyrs or masochists.

Maybe the new owners of Blizzard, whoever it is that responds to Vivendi's current Offering to sell the Company, will have respect for the game,its lineage, and for the millions of its formerly loyal fan base.

Because of its perverse itemization and the ability to excel within the game not by earning it in game but by buying that distinction through the RMAH this game is a train wreck and everyone knows it. This is so despite its great combat and animations and art work. This game had and still has so much potential.

I find it hard to believe that the company that designed the awesome combat engine of D3 designed D3's absurd Itemization out of incompetence. The Itemization is so poor that there is only one rational explanation for it -- It was intentionally designed to force players to use the RMAH.

D3 is perhaps an Icon for the first decade of the twenty-first century where unrestrained corporate greed and unregulated capitalism ate its own young nearly self-destructing itself and inculcating into the young the idea that money and the power that it can buy is all that there is -- Dignity and Self Respect be Damned

D3 Heroes are to be pure and honorable rather than buyers from an illegitimate arms dealer.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 7/3/2013 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why do we need to know if you're hardcore? Just delete your characters when you die.
Screw your stupid hardcore mode.
Reply Quote
real players could care less if your self found or pay with your credit card do what you want.
Reply Quote
Some Real Legit players prefer to play in an environment populated only by other Real Legit players. I'm not sure why but I have been told by some it has to do with the character of the other players they may come into contact with and thereby join group games. It also serves as a convenient means of group therapy sessions for masochists and those with a martyr complex.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 7/3/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not understanding why some people don't like to pay to win but instead earn or make all of their own equipment is about as silly as asking "Why bother to go to University for all those years to become a Doctor when you should be able to just buy the Diploma and they send it to you".
Reply Quote
Why do we need to know if you're hardcore? Just delete your characters when you die.

Hardcore has an economy that needs to be managed. There is no economy in self-found.
Reply Quote

Hardcore has an economy that needs to be managed. There is no economy in self-found.
Maybe self-found people would like not to have an economy constantly linked to their gameplay.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 7/3/2013 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 12:51 PMPosted by vexorian
Maybe self-found people would like not to have an economy constantly linked to their gameplay.

They don't. Or did you not see where I already said that?
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 7/3/2013 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tons of envy from anti-SF people.

So, it seems that you do care already.

For most normal, well-adjusted people though, if self-found mode is added you wouldn't have to play it. Just like nobody has to play hardcore.

That is not the point. It is not needed. You can ignore the ah's and trade it is as simple as that. Why is a mode needed. Oh ya your afraid you might bump shoulders with an sf leper. So what it has nothing to do with your character at all.
Envy more like pity for the sf crowd. So self centered that they need a mode to assure them anyone they play with did not use the ah. What a joke. What the others do should not even concern them. it is only how they play the game. It really is pathetically stupid.

Oh please Blizzard give me a mode so that I know if the other guy ever bought an item, like that changes a lot. you need to get over yourselves. Play the game as you like, but to ask for a gimped version is not realistic.
Reply Quote
Why should we care if your self found

You shouldnt care. But apparently people that dont care about self found care enough to keep making threads against it. Then they complain that there are so many threads on self found and wish people would stop making threads. Mind boggling I know.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 12:45 PMPosted by SirRight
Not understanding why some people don't like to pay to win but instead earn or make all of their own equipment is about as silly as asking "Why bother to go to University for all those years to become a Doctor when you should be able to just buy the Diploma and they send it to you".

A lot of long-time, legit, old-school gamers see buying items as cheating. It's as simple as that. A generation gap or something. And btw, if you can't see the difference between using the RMAH and buying a medical school diploma, which I doubt, I feel sorry for you and the generation from which you are a part and if you truly believe this you should change your name from SirRight to SirWrong.
Reply Quote

A lot of long-time, legit, old-school gamers see buying items as cheating. It's as simple as that. A generation gap or something. And btw, if you can't see the difference between using the RMAH and buying a medical school diploma, which I doubt, I feel sorry for you and the generation from which you are a part and if you truly believe this you should change your name from SirRight to SirWrong.

Finding an item, trading that item for gold, then getting an item you need from that gold is not P2W. SirRight and a bunch of other people call anyone who uses the AH P2W.

It's the same as working a job, getting paid money... then using that money to pay for school, and get your degree.
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 7/3/2013 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Capo

Finding an item, trading that item for gold, then getting an item you need from that gold is not P2W. ....

It's the same as working a job, getting paid money... then using that money to pay for school, and get your degree.

Agreed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]