Diablo® III

Invisible goblin!

I just had to minimize my game to talk about this.

I was running vota and killing off an elite pack, and just as we're done i notice a goblin at the corner of my screen, already opening his portal!

i tempest rush over there as fast as i can... he's jumping! im not gonna make it!

then, a satisfactory grunt from the chap and a burst of coins tells me i DID make it. I sigh in relief and proceed to click on-

what? where'd he go?! did i NOT make it? but i heard-

I hear him running, and 1 coin drops start falling out of thin air in a trail. i follow it to a corner where it stops. i drop bells without mercy on the phantom goblin and out of thin air comes burst after burst of gold until the invisible goblin finally succumbs and drops his loot all over the floor.

its a good thing the loot wasn't invisible.

Probably just a bug, but interesting enough. So apparently if u catch the goblin late enough in his animation (it cant be his final escape, of course) only his corporeal body escapes but u get to chase down and beat up his soul.
Reply Quote
Sounds no different if you just barely turned wrath back on. If you get some fury right as the timer is supposed to end, it will give a timer based on what time is left, rather than say 1/15 seconds, it's 1/1 second, until you fill it up to 15 again of course. I think what happened is, you hit him right when he was supposed to leave. It confused the game and told it that he is going to stay but also remove his sprite.
Reply Quote
well, who knows? all i care is that his precious precious LOOT stayed >:)
Reply Quote
Haha, nice writeup on an interesting "bug".
Reply Quote
thank you! it was an interesting enough experience and i was wondering if anyone else had actually seen the same thing.
Reply Quote
Something similar happened to me. The game showed the message that I had engaged a 'treasure goblin', but it wasn't in my screen. I ran around but he was nowhere to be found... I even looked on the ground for small stacks of gold but there weren't any.. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]