Diablo® III

I can't take this game anymore

I am sick of all the connection problems. I am sick of losing 5 stacks of nephalem valor every time I get disconnected while I am playing ALONE. I am done playing with lag.

But now I realized how stupid this "online-only singleplayer" thing is. Today I didn't have much time to play so I decided to quickly get 5 stacks of NV, kill the keywarden and leave. When I killed it, I was surprised because it dropped an echoing fury and the key toguether (I could identify it as an echoing fury while still on the ground). When I tried picking them up, I couldn't: all monsters on the screen were standing still and there was nothing I could do. Then, it happened: I got disconnected.

I never liked the fact that you can only play the game online because of many reasons. Those reasons were posted a while ago on a huge topic I created which took me half an hour to create. That topic unfortunately had no responses and it got lost. Now I'm pissed at the game and I can't even type right because I'm just too angry at how stupid this all is.

------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------

Now that I expressed my hatred, it's time to summarize the 30-minute thread I had posted a while ago in one simple sentece:

WHY DOESN'T BLIZZARD DO ANYTHING TO MAKE UP FOR THE IRRITATING FACT THAT WE CAN ONLY PLAY THE GAME ONLINE?

It's not that hard:

1. Make us have a window of chance to re-enter the game we were disconnected from just so we could keep the stacks of nephalem valor we lost OR pick up the legendaries we had not being able to pick.

2. Make the game offline for singleplayer (which won't happen).

I would be very very pleased if I could simply go back to the game I was on after I got disconnected. For me, it seems to be a very easy issue to resolve. Why didn't Blizzard do anything about it?

A blue post will be appreciated and, if any staff actually responds to my topic, I would be very happy if they answered this simple question: Why does Blizzard ignore the fact that playing online is (obviously) irritating and why doesn't you guys help us recover what we lost because of disconnection problems?

I am asking this because it's so easy to let us rejoin a game we got disconnected from and because it would help us ALOT. Yet, Blizzard did nothing. I don't get it.

Now before I end this: I will ignore people saying things like "omg QQ more", "lol mad" and other sorts of useless replies.

Thank you.
Edited by Cecchi#1915 on 6/30/2013 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's unlikely that we will ever get off-line for PC... however, if you are willing to pay $, you will be able to play solo or with other people off-line*.
Reply Quote
06/30/2013 02:21 PMPosted by DoomBringer
It's unlikely that we will ever get off-line for PC... however, if you are willing to pay $, you will be able to play solo or with other people off-line*.

Yeah I know. But why don't they atleast let us rejoin lost games? Everytime I get lag and I have to restart the game, I call my friend on skype and say: "Hey please join my game on D3 cause I gotta restart it. I'm lagging". This is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
06/30/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Cecchi
1. Make us have a window of chance to re-enter the game we were disconnected from just so we could keep the stacks of nephalem valor we lost OR pick up the legendaries we had not being able to pick.

This is actually possible if you're playing with at least one other player.

I know as I play "semi-hardcore mode" (my game client crashes if I die, so I value a bit more vit than most softcore players) and have crashed, been booted out, and jumped back into the same public game by chance and still had my stacks.

Sadly, if you're playing single player only, this isn't possible. Of course it would be nice to have offline mode. We'll see...

06/30/2013 02:21 PMPosted by dml618
omg QQ more

Not helpful.
Reply Quote
@OP

you might want to invest in a better internet connection.
Reply Quote

This is actually possible if you're playing with at least one other player.

I know as I play "semi-hardcore mode" (my game client crashes if I die, so I value a bit more vit than most softcore players) and have crashed, been booted out, and jumped back into the same public game by chance and still had my stacks.

Sadly, if you're playing single player only, this isn't possible. Of course it would be nice to have offline mode. We'll see...

You reminded me of something: HARDCORE.

For me, HARDCORE is more like INTERNETCORE. My friend and I completely stopped playing hardcore because most of our heroes died because of disconnections. Today, anytime I ask him to come play hardcore with me, he responds: "Lol you sure you want to lose another character?"
Reply Quote
I have a crappy computer that I built with the cheapest parts I could get, except for the video card. I also have to use mobile broadband which is a horrible connection and I literally NEVER have these kind of problems that people keep complaining about.

Weird.
Reply Quote
@OP

I know. In my city (actually pretty much the whole country) there is only one provider available and it is going throught constant maintenance (and it's also a bad provider). Therefore, connection problems come quite often. This maintenance has been going on for months now and everybody is completely mad at the company... (when I say everybody, I mean everybody. ALL of my friends have problems.)

There is nothing I could do so I must keep losing characters, items and NV? That doesn't seem right.

Blizzard could solve this problems JUST BY letting us rejoin games. Why don't they do it?
Edited by Cecchi#1915 on 6/30/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a crappy computer that I built with the cheapest parts I could get, except for the video card. I also have to use mobile broadband which is a horrible connection and I literally NEVER have these kind of problems that people keep complaining about.

Weird.

To be fair, networks have hundreds of potential failure points and are very difficult to troubleshoot especially with everyone running different hardware/drivers/software.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that one person has no issues and wonders what all the fuss is about and others can't even play due to rubberbanding and DCs. I'm actually nearer to the no issue category and even I'd love to see offline mode.
Reply Quote

Weird.

Slow internet is different than bad internet. My internet provider is bad and it's the only one available.
Reply Quote

Weird.

To be fair, networks have hundreds of potential failure points and are very difficult to troubleshoot especially with everyone running different hardware/drivers/software.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that one person has no issues and wonders what all the fuss is about and others can't even play due to rubberbanding and DCs. I'm actually nearer to the no issue category and even I'd love to see offline mode.

Thank you very much.
Reply Quote
well.

And here we are. Still buying those kind of games from the companies. Now, I really dont want to say Blizzard isnt doing anything wrong here. But some here, I am sure are long time gamers, at least it sounds like that. And its not like many of us didnt had the fear this would happen at some point, when they started to make this "online DRM" stuff happen. And now? Well. As said, here we are, still buying those games, knowing it.

The consumer is at least partially at fault here. I mean if no one would really buy those products then I guess they would not force it so heavily on us.
Reply Quote
@OP

I know. In my city (actually pretty much the whole country) there is only one provider available and it is going throught constant maintenance (and it's also a bad provider). Therefore, connection problems come quite often. This maintenance has been going on for months now and everybody is completely mad at the company... (when I say everybody, I mean everybody. ALL of my friends have problems.)

There is nothing I could do so I must keep losing characters, items and NV? That doesn't seem right.

Blizzard could solve this problems JUST BY letting us rejoin games. Why don't they do it?

Well i'm sorry to hear that. in that case, there really is not much you can do : \
Reply Quote

Well i'm sorry to hear that. in that case, there really is not much you can do : \

Exacly. And I keep losing NV valor stacks with disconnects. Not to mention hardcore characters and legendary items. Irony alert: Completely my fault, I should "learn" how to play hardcore correctly, for instance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]