Diablo® III

World of Warcraft and Diablo refrence at work...

Ok so at work today I talked with someone who named their opposite sex twins Leeroy Jenkins and daughter Leah Adrea.

Thought it was fun how the topic immediately went to Blizzard Games. The mother of the twins stated it was her idea since she played both more than her husband but he chuckled and said wait for the next child. Boy its going to be Jim Raynor and if its a Girl it will be Kerrigan (no middle name of course).

Just felt like sharing a little blizzard reference I had at work. Thats all.
Reply Quote
That is terrible and I hope a joke...
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Fizzmopper
Why? What's wrong with it? It's not like those are bad names by themselves. For the people that don't know the references, they wouldn't find anything odd about it.
Reply Quote
I would never ever name my children after video game characters. But still, if I ever met a guy named Leroy Jenkins in real life, I would laugh out loud.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Fizzmopper

Do you have something against the names Leroy or Leah? You sound incredibly alarmist and out of touch with reality. What would be "terrible" is if they named their child something actually bad, like Rapey Mcpunchgasm or Fisty Q. Junktoucher.
Reply Quote
Should have named the boy Kaelthas Sunstrider that way when he's struggling to overcome the stigma surrounding his birth name he can say:

"My parent's poor decisions were just a set-back"
Reply Quote
I wouldn't like to be named after some popular character, fictional or not. It's like a burden on your shoulders that either make you laughsble to somebody or somehow stop your career if you want to be famous.
Reply Quote
didn't Bethesda offer a copy of every game they made and will make during the launch of skyrim if someone named their kid Dovahkin?
Reply Quote
I joked around when I was in my mid twenties thinking of having a son that I would name them "Ashley Williams". Kudos to anyone who gets the reference, and no I did not name a kid that LoL.

Annie: [Looking at a picture in the Necronomicon of Ash himself] In 1300 AD they called this man the uh, 'hero from the sky'. He was prophesied to have destroyed the evil.

Ash: He didn't do a very good job...
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Matius
I wouldn't like to be named after some popular character, fictional or not. It's like a burden on your shoulders that either make you laughsble to somebody or somehow stop your career if you want to be famous.

Coming from the guy whos name is probably found in a few books that no ones heard of. Same thing with these names, only a few people will get it.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Doc
Do you have something against the names Leroy or Leah? You sound incredibly alarmist and out of touch with reality. What would be "terrible" is if they named their child something actually bad, like Rapey Mcpunchgasm or Fisty Q. Junktoucher.

Umm it's not just the names Leroy and Leah. My God someone needs to sterilize you so that you cannot reproduce
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:06 AMPosted by plouyd
Coming from the guy whos name is probably found in a few books that no ones heard of. Same thing with these names, only a few people will get it.

The Leeroy Jenkins video has 35 million views man are you an idiot? 35,000,000. You are so naïve to think that someone from his school wouldn't recognize it and spread the word to his classmates? Hell, it will prob be someone's parents who recognize the name. Damn you're possibly the biggest fool ever.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:06 AMPosted by plouyd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX4i6sZra-Y

That is a link to a video of Howard Stern talking about WoW and Leroy Jenkins. Lol idiot
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Doc

Lolol tymen

Hahahahaha

Ask Frank Zappa how his kids feel.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Tommerbob
I would never ever name my children after video game characters. But still, if I ever met a guy named Leroy Jenkins in real life, I would laugh out loud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leroy_Jenkins_%28jazz_musician%29

He exists
Reply Quote
This is just one of the many reasons there should be a set of requirements people need to pass in order to have children.
Reply Quote
Those names aren't that bad.

Now naming your twins He-man and She-ra .... that's bad.
Reply Quote
Those names aren't that bad.

Now naming your twins He-man and She-ra .... that's bad.

to true... to true
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]