Diablo® III

Boozer, we want to know you!

Your ultimate mempo/os wiz description was inspiring but didn't say much about who you are as a real person. What is your gaming experience? What brought you the seriousness into d3? What you like the most about the game? Your other hobbies? Your next plan, eg sword wiz? Elite monk?
Reply Quote
Bump until boozer gets personal,
Reply Quote
Refer to:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377319453

^_^
Reply Quote
i can vouch boozor to be a dedicated sniper and cheap to boot
Reply Quote
Okay i'll bite (incoming novel)

It's boozOr not boozer (on the contrary I drink very often nowadays, but when I do, its very bad)

I'm a big hockey fan being from Canada and all.

I grew up playing StarCraft and Counterstrike however I'm not an avid gamer at all.

I don't play any console games or own a console. I only play D3. Very weird. I was playing StarCraft 2 for the past year before diablo, and was a highly ranked masters player in that game. But I've yet to try the expansion since I've been so into Diablo.

I don't know what the draw is about diablo, but it has made me want to keep playing. I prefer the gearing and AH over actually playing the game. Another very nice thing about D3 is the forums and the community around it. To be honest without people to play with and people to talk to about the game this would have gotten old very quickly.

Also, there are mixed emotions about the RMAH/GAH, but I believe that it is a vehicle for safe trading. It is good and bad. The game would not be as fun for myself personally without the AH.

Playing the actual game becomes repetitive but the "chance" and gamble of drops is enticing even if its a lottery ticket. Especially since after 1300 hours my best drop has been a Wind force (270m sale) So if I relied on drops and not learning the AH then I would have quit a LONG LONG time ago.

The best feeling about D3 is helping others to be honest. I really enjoy helping others and watching progression. When people say :"hey you've made this game fun or me again" that really is rewarding because I really didn't do anything but spend a bit of time. Of course everyone has their limits and what they can tolerate from people because some people are overly demanding, but for the most part it has been a very pleasant experience. I've messed up very badly the first opportunity I was given trust, and that person forgave me and said "go help others", so I've done my best to do right what I initially did wrong a long while ago.

Its also refreshing to have kind hearted and at the same time entertaining people around to chat and talk about things about the game even though there isn't much else to the game then just gearing yourself up and being over powered.

As you all know I AH snipe and whatever I produce from sales I put back into my gear and my alternates. I did not wake up one day and know how to flip. It took a lot of trial and error and adapting to the markets. I started out flipping for 10k gold with rare belts/chests/pants/boots ETC. You can feel my pain. But it was all relative at that point. I learned markets and how to price/win/snipe/ETC. Nowadays its much harder, but the only tips I have for fledging flippers would be to be patient and exercise judgement (would YOU pay X for this?)

What is next? I'm not sure. Currently in terms of gearing it is Wizard/ Barb/ Monk. I enjoy all 3 and all 3 are needed in high speed groups. I may just take a bit of a break for a bit.

My wizard is still my main and my favorite character and of course this community is #1.

I've had the pleasure to meet many and many good people here. Learned lots and had some fun.

I appreciate all the kind words from people, again showing just how awesome this bunch is.

Cheers to all, thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
One of the friendliest person around. You have a smiley at the end of almost every sentence. Nice chatting in game and also the surprise run.....
Reply Quote
Cheers! Btw, my problem is I would pay x for anything if want it. Due to impatient people like me, the market continues to survive. But as far as D3 itself is concerned, I'm on the same page as boozor.
Reply Quote
ZERG 4 Life! Thanks for the read boozOr or whatever.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 07:14 PMPosted by BotakZhang
You have a smiley at the end of almost every sentence

That isnt any indication of being friendly................... =)
Reply Quote
Hey Boozor, awesome climb up the ah ladder, it's a game in of itself isn't it lol.

thanks for all the helping suggestions and vidoes and gaming. Will catch you round the forums.
Reply Quote
i love boozor

<3
Reply Quote
Good read Boozor...

I remember that little hiccup you had and reading the related thread.. Way to man up. You gained the respect of the whole community for that..

Oh yeah did you see the Flyers picked up Vinny? Yes diehard hockey fan here!!
Reply Quote
View profile
Boozer or Boozor?
Reply Quote
View profile
Nice reading!
Reply Quote
Those flyers need to figure it out cause they are a mess lol.

Same with Vancouver, traded away our goalie for a scratch and win...
Reply Quote
Those flyers need to figure it out cause they are a mess lol.

Same with Vancouver, traded away our goalie for a scratch and win...

They are a mess and unfortunately they are my team. Im scared for the Canucks.. I don't think Torts is a good fit there.

And the Schnieder trade, don't think that was a good one. Your stuck with a goalie who doesn't want to be there. Kind of like Philly with Bryz-aster. Glad he is gone..
Edited by Thanatos#1682 on 7/3/2013 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^

Flyers needed pronged back... 2001 pronger lol

Ya. Well Vinny seemed like a solid bang for buck but his aging a bit.

At least Philly has giroux Vancouver has no one young + good
Reply Quote
They should go after Bozak... But if I remember correctly you guys don't have much cap room. He is asking quite a bit out of Toronto

Briere is out there too.. That would be a sick first line, Sedins and Danny B..
Reply Quote
Flyers... so many shouldas...

Bobrovsky: gave up on him too soon. See also: Seidenberg, Sharp, etc.

Kane has 2 rings now, shoulda been a Flyer but they were bumped off the #1 pick that year. Argh, that game six 5-hole cup winner just jams so much salt in it.

@boozor I consider myself an honorary canadian. I can point to Sask on a map, speak just enough French to be dangerous, and actually play (not just watch) ice hockey. I drink a glass of whiskey with a shot of maple syrup for breakfast, eh? God save the queen, or whatever.
Reply Quote
You trolling Worloega? lol

Ande ole' Kanner.. Love that kid... Thats the only reason I am not throwing my monitor out my window. (plus I'm at work and supposed to uphold some sort of professionalism)

And for Bob I was a strong supporter of him. It just goes to show how rough the media is on their goaltenders. No one has excelled there since Hextall...

And good for Bob Im glad he wrapped the Vezna up. He deserves it after sitting on a bench watching the Bryz-aster..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]