Diablo® III

Do the people that want a "self-found" mode..

"So you want it easier."
Your argument is as bad as the DE people. You might even be in this band wagon. They think that if you take less time to do something, it makes it easier. So getting more DE makes the game easier, when it actually helps the game rather than hurt it. People want to feel rewarded for what they do, not forced to do something they don't want to. That's what SF has been about and people asking for better DE drop rates. Why do something with 10x the effort when you don't benefit from it?

I don't know what "DE" is.

No, people are arguing that the auction house makes the game too easy, removal of trade and auction house makes the game fun because they find everything themselves. If they want the drop rates to then be increased, isn't that making them game easier to them?

07/03/2013 02:36 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Well if you're playing in a game as self-found with non-self-found, yeah you're disqualified.

So you agree they shouldn't co-exist?

No, I think if you are truly self-found then you cannot have been carried to your drops, essentially you'd be fooling yourself into thinking you "earned them the hard way" by not using the auction house which is "the easy way." You're able to just play on your own to achieve the same effect, or with people that are also "self-found."
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Bombus
Hopefully, blizzard does seriously consider the SF mode, many would be exhilarated to learn about it's implementation. Or so I believe.

Hopefully Blizzard just implements changes to core systems of the game so no matter what play style you choose to play... you can just play that play style with out having to augment the community with separate modes... just like D2.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Socrates
No, I think if you are truly self-found then you cannot have been carried to your drops, essentially you'd be fooling yourself into thinking you "earned them the hard way" by not using the auction house which is "the easy way." You're able to just play on your own to achieve the same effect, or with people that are also "self-found."

You are assuming that anyone who uses the AH either bought gold or is using the RMAH.

You have to "earn" gold to use the AH the same way you "earn" anything playing self-found. Everyone is self-found until they find some items to sell on the AH ... or use the RMAH and/or buy gold.
Reply Quote

Another option would be a gear level matching system for game creation...but that might limit availability of games.

Let's not go here, please. Introduction of the "gear score" add-on - to better match players with each other - almost destroyed WoW several years ago.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Capo

Hopefully, blizzard does seriously consider the SF mode, many would be exhilarated to learn about it's implementation. Or so I believe.

Hopefully Blizzard just implements changes to core systems of the game so no matter what play style you choose to play... you can just play that play style with out having to augment the community with separate modes... just like D2.

In a sleep induced haze last night I realized D2 sort of had three modes:
-Open Bnet (Used data on player's PC so was open to modding and "god mode" characters"
-Closed Bnet (characters stored on Bliz PC so players were limited to what the game gave)
-Hardcore mode

It is not a perfect analogy obviously, but there was recognition that some players do not want to play with others who might have a large advantage. In D3 it is not a case of cheating give anyone an advantage, just the difference between AH/No AH when it comes to item acquisition.

And yes Six, it would create quite the elitist group and it would limit the pool of players to form games from.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 03:49 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
MissCheetah, trading happened in closed battle.net too. You really need to stop with this bad analogy.

Whatever does trading somewhere have to do with the idea of SF?
Reply Quote
Capo

In a sleep induced haze last night I realized D2 sort of had three modes:
-Open Bnet (Used data on player's PC so was open to modding and "god mode" characters"
-Closed Bnet (characters stored on Bliz PC so players were limited to what the game gave)
-Hardcore mode

It is not a perfect analogy obviously, but there was recognition that some players do not want to play with others who might have a large advantage. In D3 it is not a case of cheating give anyone an advantage, just the difference between AH/No AH when it comes to item acquisition.

And yes Six, it would create quite the elitist group and it would limit the pool of players to form games from.

If ever there's a form of competition in this game ie Arena PvP or something, I have no doubt that there will be a matchmaking system. In the end, you are going to have 50% win/lose rate (for most of us). People who used the AH will play against themselves (and lucky people) while SF players will compete against themselves (and those who used the AH softly to gear).

They should be adding some PvE challenges where you try to best your time. It gives SF a reason to find better loots once they beat Inferno (improve their time) while giving other players a reason to improve their characters.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
Want to be able to play self-found easier?

Or want there to be a way for them to show how awesome their self-found character is by having them only compared to other self-found characters?

They want both. These people aren't fans or haters..

There snobs looking for attention.

And Fanboys and Haters of this game can agree that self found players are annoying.
Edited by NewThreat#1840 on 7/3/2013 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I want to play a game not trivialised by the AH. There are several ways to do this, a formal self-found mode seems the most promising at the moment.
Reply Quote
Both it seems. The first one is the one I have a problem with. WE ALL have been waiting/wanting better items/drops yet SF think they should get it first because they are superior to a regular play style.

Hold on a second. Isn't the normal mode easier than self-found mode since you can simply buy stuff with real money off rmah to make the game easier?
Reply Quote
why not just make a softcore and hardcore ladder mode that resets and has new gear sets patched in every now and then, and even if no new gear then that doesn't matter - it would D2 reminiscent w/o any sort of AH
ladder meaning to remove the auction house essentially being exactly what these self founders want, well minus the extra stat points and rewards.
ladder would solve the issue, better drop rate and actual loot hunt that resets without auction house interference, don't know if it will ever happen but i would think ladder would take president over self found
(fix itemization + create ladder (no AH) = exactly what D2 loot hunt was like minus the trading games and such, etc
I just don't get how ladder didn't get the support this time around or at least not like these self found promoters
*sigh*

...carry on
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Socrates

So you're saying that finding your own items is equally as challenging as using the AH?
Reply Quote
Sound found mode would be the only reason for me returning to this game. I hate the fact that the only reason most people play is to grind gold, so they can just buy all their upgrades in the auction house.
Edited by Takenbacon#1218 on 7/4/2013 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Capo
And what you don't understand is that that has nothing to do with there being an auction house... it has to do with the crappy itemization and how items and drops work compared to the content. (On top of the skill system with no diversity)

I think your right
Reply Quote
How about just implementing groups instead of a separate mode. Join groups and have the Matchmaking system place you with "group-mates" if you want. You can join the group with a single character or your entire account... the choice is yours.

That seems to be the most logical choice. Some people play SF to clear Inferno, and once they do it, they start using the AH. That would allow them to play with SF players and leave the SF ground any time they want.

It would make "finding Iron Man" players or other niche challenge a bit easier.

We don't need modes, we need groups.

I'm going to bite... Why not just have hard core groups. People could leave hard core anytime they want. If we dont need modes then we don't need hard core mode. There are a few instances where I agree with Doombringer. However, this group idea is not going to fly or get my support. If one wants to buy/sell/trade stick with current soft/hard core modes. Self-found should be fully supported. I prefer a separate server for the benefits it provides. Others prefer a separate mode. I and many others have no desire to mix character projects and no desire to juggle the details of keeping thing separate (gold, gems, plans, crafting mats, artisan leveling, etc).
Edited by BossDogg#1898 on 7/4/2013 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
EASIER
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
where the drop rates are balanced around the concept of an AH.

This was only slightly true on 1.00, this isn't true anymore as drop rates have been massively increased patch after patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]