Diablo® III

Kimsulki84 HC Monk _ SulKi

Fitz!

Question, What's the purpose of using Air Ally on that build?

And I'm assuming Monks are really hard to die once it's in Inferno and geared up pretty good as we have Serenity/Blind/NDE/DS/TR?

What would be the worst situation for HC monks to face against in Inferno?

Because when I tried to not die once for 60 SC MP10 runs couple months ago for fun, I didn't die for +70 runs with pretty good efficiency.

LOL ahh I still love you Fitz!!! :P We should convince LR/CF to play SFHC. With his undestanding of skill synergy it would be interesting to say the least!

Oh and the "don't add Fitz" was just for the boss kill help :)

I won't ask Fitz or other friends to just come and kill all bosses for me. haha No worries.

I'm playing HC for a reason.

I did accidentally got into the Chamber of whatever for Butcher in MP1 with my stats.

Man I pooped my pants multiple times in that room.
Edited by KimSulki84#1308 on 7/8/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I think I can answer that Kim. Lag or DC!!!
Reply Quote
Lag or DC.. haha

Damn. That's pretty discouraging! :P
Reply Quote
Lag or DC.. haha

Go to HC section of the forums and you'll read about it. Lots and lots of RIP posts (many from connection and lag issues). One person has made it all the way up past paragon 100 and lost his barb to some techinical issue (he did not specify).

It's a known fact of life - so you do what you can to mitigate the potential effects. Running in a party (and having others watch your back) can certainly help.
Reply Quote
View profile
LOL not really sure on anything else seeing as I'm still in Nightmare but my guess would be Frozen with arcane, desecrate, poison or fear with any of those. Especially while serenity is on cool down. My guess would be fear is worse since it doesn't activate Pacifism.
Reply Quote
Lag or DC.. haha

Go to HC section of the forums and you'll read about it. Lots and lots of RIP posts (many from connection and lag issues). One person has made it all the way up past paragon 100 and lost his barb to some techinical issue (he did not specify).

It's a known fact of life - so you do what you can to mitigate the potential effects. Running in a party (and having others watch your back) can certainly help.

I see. Never been to the HC forum section before.

I generally don't like HC only guys. LOL

But I'll check it out.

Running in a party seems cool. That's what I always do once I get into Inferno anyway. Good to know.

07/08/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Wannabee808
LOL not really sure on anything else seeing as I'm still in Nightmare but my guess would be Frozen with arcane, desecrate, poison or fear with any of those. Especially while serenity is on cool down. My guess would be fear is worse since it doesn't activate Pacifism.

Fear doesn't Pacifism?? Are you sure?
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 02:50 PMPosted by KimSulki84
Fear doesn't Pacifism?? Are you sure?

I can't say for sure, but I think that fear does proc pacifism. Basically, any time you lose control of your character (outside of lag & dc of course), pacifism kicks in. Very useful while levelling up for me... with my LS & SW, I find my monk healing after I get frozen, despite getting hit and monsters everywhere around me. Kinda fun.
Reply Quote
Yeah because I'm pretty sure Fear does proc Pacifism. I used to run Pacifism ALL TIME and riding the arcane beam after being nightmared always made me laugh. lol
Reply Quote
@Kim
That build was just for leveling someone. The Air Ally give another layer of protection.

With an overgeared monk it seems relatively impossible to die. Just know your limits.

The worst situation is DC of course.

Based on my knowledge of human nature however, I bet a significant percentage of those "DC" deaths are actually not.

Haha yeah, I know some guys over at jsp HC section that got caught lying about their death before. So, I think you are right. LOL
Reply Quote
View profile
Ahh I learned something new today! Awesome! Pacifism is going on my skill set for HC guaranteed!!! :)
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Ahh I learned something new today! Awesome! Pacifism is going on my skill set for HC guaranteed!!! :)

Yeah, it's probably going to be on my passive tab once I get to unlock it!
Reply Quote
I also started a HC monk similar time as Jin.
We'll to hook up and watch each other's back.
The thrill of perma death gives me an heart attack.

Only got a gem off AH, planning on SF / crafting if possible.
I like to contribute more on this forum, but work blocks this site.
Using cell phone atm during break.
Reply Quote
I also started a HC monk similar time as Jin.
We'll to hook up and watch each other's back.
The thrill of perma death gives me an heart attack.

Only got a gem off AH, planning on SF / crafting if possible.
I like to contribute more on this forum, but work blocks this site.
Using cell phone atm during break.

Jettttttttttttttttttttttt

We'll try to be SF for couple hours and may say eff it and start buying stuff. bahahaha

I found a HC guy who wants SC gold in jsp. Maybe I'll convert some.

Why is your work place blocking this site!? Damn.
Reply Quote
I've DC'd a few times on my main, and thankfully others in my group saved me. Most of the frequent HC players, Isolation/Fury/VeePow/etc....have died due to DC, as I have. It's part of the game. Sometimes players lie about the cause of their death, but you'll be able to figure out which HC players are honest and which just complain.

Any overconfidence can get you killed. Play slowly until you have adjusted to HC and then play however you wish.

Edit:Spelling FTW
Edited by jco310#1218 on 7/8/2013 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've DC'd a few times on my main, and thankfully others in my group saved me. Most of the frequent HC players, Isolation/Fury/VeePow/etc....have died die to DC, as I have. It's part of the game. Sometimes players lie about the cause of their death, but you'll be able to figure out which HC players are honest and which just complain.

Any overconfidence can get you killed. Play slowly until you have adjusted to HC and then play however you wish.

Thank you.

Yeah, I'm gonna stick to MP0 and play safe til I adjust my playstyle.

I admit that I'm extremely cocky in SC games, but I'm a huge noob in HC. That's for sure. haha

But man, it did feel soooo good after I downed the Butcher. haha
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KimSulki84-1308/hero/34745304

20!
Reply Quote
sound interesting HC!
Reply Quote
30 baby!

Just got to Nightmare this morning.

Bought the weapon off AH for 3000 gold.

I'm officially a HCAH monk now. LOL

HC is pretty exciting! Hopefully I can make it to 60 and inferno! :D
Reply Quote
07/09/2013 12:42 PMPosted by KimSulki84
I'm officially a HCAH monk now. LOL

BOOOOOOOO!!! =P

In all seriousness, may you live long and prosper with your monk. See you on the other side of 60. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]