Diablo® III

Kimsulki84 HC Monk _ SulKi

Weclome to 60!

How much gold is considered as a low budget monk on Hardcore?

I have like 350mil on my account, but I want to be low budget so it's fun as I lvl up.

I'll give you the same advice I give most people: if you want to have fun trying to level up, then don't transfer any gold over. Just build up naturally from scratch. It was very rewarding to do this with my Monk the first time I beat Inferno. Probably the best feeling I got from this game since beathing Inferno in SC back on 1.0.2.

Prices should still be at a place where you can more or less build a Monk capable for going through MP-0 with just the one or two million gold you make from going through Normal, Nightmare, and Hell.

Otherwise, there is no real "low budget" point. And given that you can play on any MP you want, you can make it as dangerous or difficult as you like regardless how much you spend.

If you're just looking for a reference point on prices, I've spent less than 300m on my gear not counting what I found, crafts, and gems. I've probably spent about 70m or so on crafting so far if you include the price of tomes and other crafting components. But prices have come down significantly in the time since I've bought several pieces, so it's probably not worth that much anymore. From looking on the profiles in the HC forum there are definitely people with better Monks and people with much lower budget ones, so I'm somewhere in the middle.
(I like to think of myself as upper-middle-class)

EDIT: Oh, and don't go fire resist. I'm on a personal crusade to stop more fire resists Monks from being made. Maybe it's just a grass-is-always-greener thing, but I swear this resists is more expensive. I think it's mainly because of all the FIreWalkers that are out there making it easy to get a nice +12% Move Speed early on. Then you outgrow the FireWalkers and you're stuck in the same resistance as half the Monks out there.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 7/12/2013 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 12:23 AMPosted by KimSulki84
60 baby.

Gratz and welcome to HC...

07/12/2013 12:23 AMPosted by KimSulki84

The biggest upgrade you're going to get is from crafting so i would advise you spend 100 mil on gears and weapon and save the 200 mil for crafting... I really hate OWE in SC but in HC its a godsend because everything is really expensive in HC.. Just to give you an idea tomes of secret cost 10k a pop.. lol

Go easy and stay safe, if you need any help just give us an invite...
Reply Quote
My monk died! I didn't run out the grouping hit immediately. Those bugs... !@#$!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 7/12/2013 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Weclome to 60!

I have like 350mil on my account, but I want to be low budget so it's fun as I lvl up.

I'll give you the same advice I give most people: if you want to have fun trying to level up, then don't transfer any gold over. Just build up naturally from scratch. It was very rewarding to do this with my Monk the first time I beat Inferno. Probably the best feeling I got from this game since beathing Inferno in SC back on 1.0.2.

Prices should still be at a place where you can more or less build a Monk capable for going through MP-0 with just the one or two million gold you make from going through Normal, Nightmare, and Hell.

Otherwise, there is no real "low budget" point. And given that you can play on any MP you want, you can make it as dangerous or difficult as you like regardless how much you spend.

If you're just looking for a reference point on prices, I've spent less than 300m on my gear not counting what I found, crafts, and gems. I've probably spent about 70m or so on crafting so far if you include the price of tomes and other crafting components. But prices have come down significantly in the time since I've bought several pieces, so it's probably not worth that much anymore. From looking on the profiles in the HC forum there are definitely people with better Monks and people with much lower budget ones, so I'm somewhere in the middle.
(I like to think of myself as upper-middle-class)

EDIT: Oh, and don't go fire resist. I'm on a personal crusade to stop more fire resists Monks from being made. Maybe it's just a grass-is-always-greener thing, but I swear this resists is more expensive. I think it's mainly because of all the FIreWalkers that are out there making it easy to get a nice +12% Move Speed early on. Then you outgrow the FireWalkers and you're stuck in the same resistance as half the Monks out there.

Hey, thanks for the advice.

I wasn’t expecting such a long and thorough advice like this. Haha Appreciate it man.

I’m gonna think about it.

Maybe I’ll spend like 30-50mil on the starting gears and transfer back the rest of the gold.

Not usually a fan of total Self-Found chars. I want to find the balance of being challenged in playing and breaking stuff up. Haha I would want something that runs in mp1-3 and work my way up from there.

And I guess crafting is a huge part on HC. The crafting materials are expensive I’m assuming?

Should I pick up every rare to salvage for the materials? And try to farm DEs?

Thanks man!

07/12/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Immortal
60 baby.

Gratz and welcome to HC...

The biggest upgrade you're going to get is from crafting so i would advise you spend 100 mil on gears and weapon and save the 200 mil for crafting... I really hate OWE in SC but in HC its a godsend because everything is really expensive in HC.. Just to give you an idea tomes of secret cost 10k a pop.. lol
Go easy and stay safe, if you need any help just give us an invite...

Wow, plvl100 HC monk! :)

Very nice man.

I’m leaning toward spending under 50mil to start it off. What do you think?

When I get home tonight, I’m gonna look around AH to see what the market values of the gears are.. Have zero idea.

And damn the tomes are expensive! Haha I should get used to picking them up now…..

Thanks for the advice and I’ll add you in game for some help if I need!

07/12/2013 08:57 AMPosted by ManUnited
My monk died! I didn't run out the grouping hit immediately. Those bugs... !@#$!

Dude… damn!

Let me know if you want some freebies, I stashed a lot of my low lvling gears that I picked up from loot.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 09:42 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Should I pick up every rare to salvage for the materials? And try to farm DEs?

I do not generally salvage anything accept legendaries. Rares usually sell for 2K-ish and tears go for less than 1K right now. Maybe if you factor in the cost of essences you also get it's "worth" it but it's in no way worth the time.

I still pick up and identify most rares. I can't promise you that it's technically worth your time, but I can't stand the thought that I may have missed a huge drop. Some people probably limit their pick-ups to only likely great finds, but my biggest sale thus far was a level 62 hammer (190m), and I'm using a level 61 fist, so there's value there. Plus, looking through those finds is half the fun for me.

07/12/2013 09:42 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Not usually a fan of total Self-Found chars. I want to find the balance of being challenged in playing and breaking stuff up. Haha I would want something that runs in mp1-3 and work my way up from there.

There's a huge difference between just not transferring gold and going self found. I'm not going to tell you not to transfer if you think it'll make things more fun for you, but I will tell you that there are people who transfer a bunch of cash and then die. Taking it slow and building yourself up teaches you a lot.

I'd probably aim for just enough for MP-1 if I was to transfer anything over. Any more than that and you'll be delaying the feeling of progression you get. You gear up from MP-1 to MP-3 much faster than from MP-3 to MP-5, in my experience. And after MP-1 it's all the same game with bigger numbers anyway. Remember, you can always just transfer more cash in later as you get a feel for the HC gameplay and for the HC market. No reason to throw it all in there at once.

Take it slow and easy. And good luck, however you decide to play.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 7/12/2013 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great advice.

Thanks.

I'll spend 10mil on the gears and work myself up from there.

I kinda want to finish the Inferno MP0 before going up the MP.

Not in a hurry or anything.

I'm playing HC because SC has been boring me for quite awhile already. Don't really see the point of upgrading my SC monks.

I'll transfer back the 300mil gold, so I can keep the track of the flow of my HC gold for fun.

Thanks again! By the way, I did add you in game.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KimSulki84-1308/hero/34745304

spent about 8mil on everything.

farming mp1 inferno.

its fun!
Reply Quote
Man you can really sell everything in HC!

Been putting up random rares on AH for the past few days. It's all selling very well. lol

Love picking up rares now! woot!
Reply Quote
Made a first flip on AH

I don't remember when was the last time I got so excited about 20mil flip. LOL

Spent 8mil total on my monk. Made 19.6mil flip on the gear. Loving the HC so far.
Reply Quote
Almost lvl10.

Have been farming MP2-3 solo and group. Did a run with KJ today. His monk looks good.

Bought some gems and bought a new chest for 150k gold.

Wanted to get more vitality on the chest, so I can use that self found ammy. Gave me a good dps boost.

My plan is to not spend much gold on her but focus more on plvling/crafting for awhile. HC is pretty fun.
Reply Quote
Woot! Lvl10!
Reply Quote
07/17/2013 07:44 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Woot! Lvl10!

Hit me up again next time you see me on.
I am also going to focus on p leveling, much like the runs we did together yesterday.

I'm afraid of HC but I think I'm going to for a Ruby today!
Reply Quote
!@#^@$&%#%(*@!#&@$%&

WHERE'S THE DEX ON MY CRAFTED SHOULDER

EFF

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KimSulki84-1308/hero/34745304

But man.. HC is really good at selling all kinds of stuff. I sold some random crap for total 30mil in 1 day. haha bought ton of crafting materials off AH. Gonna start farming some DEs.
Edited by KimSulki84#1308 on 7/22/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Watch yourself, have a friend that lost his babar to lag today.
Reply Quote
Only had like 1 hour to play for the past 3 days. Sad.

But I did get to play like 30 mins and crafted this bracer for an upgrade. Woot!

Speed farming MP2 is fun!
Reply Quote
Damn. Haven't touched my HC monk for like 3 weeks.

Just finished Act1 for the first time with AniHilator. lol

Fun stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]