Diablo® III

<delete - duplicate of HCSF League details>

Please go to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377318563 (and let this thread die). Thanks.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/18/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nameless - feel free to add my name to this list! I'll hopefully be joining in on the action soon (once you're closer to 60). Also, I might roll an alt and try to catch up with your WD. Thanks for starting this!
Reply Quote
Seeing as my old monk died last night and im starting a new one. I think this would be a rather interesting style of play. My main question is if I still have a stash of random items farmed from my old monk's time, can that be utilized or should I stick to just what I will find currently and pretend that stash doesn't exist? XD

Whatever the outcome, I will be happy to join this community.
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Ghosti
My main question is if I still have a stash of random items farmed from my old monk's time, can that be utilized or should I stick to just what I will find currently and pretend that stash doesn't exist?

Honestly, I am not going to be a stickler about this - although others might be. My main point is to adopt the philosophy and ideals of self-found, and being removed from the influence of AH use. So if they are found, then sure... go for it! But I'd just encourage folks to be willing to share even those items, as that really does help to build camaraderie amongst other players.

Welcome aboard, millhouse9 & ghosti! :)
Reply Quote
Thank you, and I have quite a few different things in my bank that could be of help to any class. If it seemed decent enough for a friend of mine who may need, I kept it. Will let you all know tonight when im on if I have anything the others could make use of.
Reply Quote
Nameless,

Go ahead and add me. You sent me a FR a couple of weeks or so ago but every time I see you on you are in menus with your (96) monk lol. I have a lvl 60 of each class and yes they are all self found. I am always looking for people to farm with. If you need some help I am always willing to bring someone back to other difficulties. Are the rest of the guys on the list cool with me adding them?
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 08:05 AMPosted by CyLaNt
Are the rest of the guys on the list cool with me adding them?

I'm sure they are! That's why I'm creating the list. :)

07/08/2013 08:05 AMPosted by CyLaNt
You sent me a FR a couple of weeks or so ago but every time I see you on you are in menus with your (96) monk lol.

Haha... it's probably because I'm checking AH for my SC monk. Honestly, ever since I started HC, I think that 85% of my playtime has been consumed by HC. I'm really enjoying this, and I'm meeting new people through this initiative. I have a feeling that I'll be riding the HC wave for a while now (until one of my HC chars dies, and I need to take things out on some unsuspecting ubers in SC).

BTW, how much did you pay someone at blizz to get that awesome battletag#? :P
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Nameless
Are the rest of the guys on the list cool with me adding them?

I'm sure they are! That's why I'm creating the list. :)

You sent me a FR a couple of weeks or so ago but every time I see you on you are in menus with your (96) monk lol.

Haha... it's probably because I'm checking AH for my SC monk. Honestly, ever since I started HC, I think that 85% of my playtime has been consumed by HC. I'm really enjoying this, and I'm meeting new people through this initiative. I have a feeling that I'll be riding the HC wave for a while now (until one of my HC chars dies, and I need to take things out on some unsuspecting ubers in SC).

BTW, how much did you pay someone at blizz to get that awesome battletag#? :P

You are honestly the first person that has noticed that. I am not a big leet speaker but I thought it was a pretty interesting number that was generated for me lol. That is about the only time the RNG in this game has been in my favor... Catch you on the battlefield brother!
Reply Quote
Seeing as my old monk died last night and im starting a new one. I think this would be a rather interesting style of play. My main question is if I still have a stash of random items farmed from my old monk's time, can that be utilized or should I stick to just what I will find currently and pretend that stash doesn't exist? XD

Whatever the outcome, I will be happy to join this community.

I was in the same boat, Ghosti. I chose to completely purge my HC stash so I wouldn't be tempted to use any of the items or higher level gems that were acquired on past hardcore characters that used the auction house extensively.

Moving forward, I also want to avoid using gems that were found/crafted on other hardcore characters. I have learned that one way to trivialize the road to 60 is to use high level rubies and reduced level requirement weapons that can be passed down from higher level characters. Just some food for thought!
Reply Quote
hey i got a level 44 witch doctor im making self found. im not sure how active ill be as its been a bit of a backburner project, but if anyone on the list has a self found character, hit me up for a game :)
Reply Quote
Thank you for the input TexaStranger. They'll be up for grabs for whoever needs then, or be purged. Either way, I wont be tempted to use them.
It may take a bit to make my way through, but i'll be able to help whoever when I finally get there. Can't wait to start.
Edited by Ghosti#1987 on 7/8/2013 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for getting the organization around this Nameless. This is a great way to play this game and really look forward to the community this might create.

My barb just hit 50 last night and is waiting to start Hell. I have an entire tab full of gear for those looking for some nice leveling items from 20 - 47.

I use my inventory tabs to seperate my chars for self found my barb gets tab 1 and wd tab 2.That way I know who found what and what I can use.
Reply Quote
Myself and my girlfriend play Self-found quite frequently add me and Im sure you'll see the pair of us running around together, or with another friend.

Currently Level 49 and just entering into Act III NM.
Reply Quote
Just started a Barb- lvl 10.

Hit me up if you're trying to run some.
Reply Quote
Nameless,

What times are you usually on? I'd love to run with you guys soon! I'm usually on during the evening after work and in the morning/afternoon on weekends. I'm in the Mountain Time Zone and I try to get on around 7pm in the evenings (although right now my gf and I have been glued to Game of Thrones so I haven't been playing as much as I'd like).
Reply Quote
Thanks to everyone for your responses so far! 21 "members" and counting!!! I'm glad to see people adding themselves to the list, and I hope that the list is helpful for others who may consider this way of playing. Truly, it is a lot of fun this way. If anyone else wants to join the fray, post a message here and I'll be updating the OP as we go along!

--

@Millhouse9
I'm usually on in the evenings. After 9PM EST. Yes, let's play! I think I'm getting hooked on HC and I might be spending less and less time on my SC monk.

I think I'll be rolling some new HC characters this week -- we've been dealing with big weather issues lately (we had some power outages in our area last night), so I'd rather not lose any character I've invested any significant time in levelling up due to any potential connection issues. Due to the nature of playing HC, I might end up having some "backup" chars ready to go in case any of them bite the dust. :)

If I recall correctly, Zyn might be in the mountain time zone, and I think Wannabee808 is looking for people closer to his time zone (he's over in Hawaii). So there are options there too. :)
Reply Quote
Just started playing again and wouldn't mind giving this a try. Have never played HC before so will be interesting to say the least. If anyone would like to start a new character with me feel free to add me.
Reply Quote
Sign me up, (another monk ... I know)
getting back to 60 again after a quick death.
TS3 anyone =3 ?
Reply Quote
This is awesome! 22 in this list and counting. Keep 'em coming!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]