Diablo® III

Can your monk do this?

Hi there again fellow monks,

Just like to know whether you can:

FACETANK whilst standing on triple plague and triple descreator? So three stacks of plague PLUS three stacks of descreator

and

CAN ANYONE (not monk exclusive) FACETANK whilst being on the centre of the Arcane beam?

Please note: Facetank means you just stand and attack. You don't move, have Serenity or NDE. Blind is fine. And no EF users as EF will not entirely be facetank as you'll be chasing after the mobs eventually.

PS, i left my TR build up. Trying to farm DEs on MP3.
Reply Quote
I once tanked a beetle the size of the one Rico took down in Star Ship Troopers.
Reply Quote
I farted in your mouth while you were sleeping. You tanked that pretty well.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure it's yes on the first, No on the second.

I don't think anyone can stay on the center of the arcane forever. Couple seconds, sure, but not forever.
Reply Quote
View profile
I face tank balls of arcane all the time.
Reply Quote
Shield barb with a defensive build could probably meet your requirements but i doubt any monks could.
Reply Quote
"I farted in your mouth while you were sleeping. You tanked that pretty well"

I laughed so loud when I read this that my wife demanded that I read it out loud to her...she says that I am hanging out with some really strange people...this made me laugh even harder.
Reply Quote
LOLOL.
Reply Quote
Yeah was pretty funny.
Reply Quote
+1 hillarious
Reply Quote
this is a weird rate your monk thread...
Reply Quote
let me try to encounter a pack and let you know. I think I can, I meant everyone can, at one clause:

Nightmare level
Reply Quote
omg what did i start!?! Epic troll

lol

great for a monday laugh though :)

Assumed that people would assume MP10 Inferno...

I'll accept that most of your can't.

@ Kim,
Be interesting to know whether your tri gen wkl dual LS monk can do it? and with ease? If they had an additional element such as Molten... still ok? Thanks in advance kim
Reply Quote
indefinitely? I doubt anyone can. WD would have best chance me thinks assuming he had something to leach life from while on them.
Reply Quote
07/07/2013 08:00 PMPosted by DVTN
FACETANK whilst being on the centre of the Arcane beam?

No BS at all; but my WD build gets me to >94% D/R usually (for a time, then just refresh SH/FA)
>1000AR and about 7300 armor :-)

but standing on center is really really stupid actually :P
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 7/7/2013 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
omg what did i start!?! Epic troll

lol

great for a monday laugh though :)

Assumed that people would assume MP10 Inferno...

I'll accept that most of your can't.

@ Kim,
Be interesting to know whether your tri gen wkl dual LS monk can do it? and with ease? If they had an additional element such as Molten... still ok? Thanks in advance kim

Yeah, when I spec my monk for balanced. It's at 400k permanent buffed dps with dual lifesteal with 24% wkl/630all res/5100 armor/59k life/2.4aps. Pretty much facetank everything.
Reply Quote
I can do double poison + double desecrate on top, on condition there are no other damaging affixes involved (i.e. lightning, RD) and there's plenty of white mobs in the immediate vicinity to leech life from. I can hold on triple stacks long enough to find my way out of this mess, but I don't think that can be tanked, at least not with a Monk, for the obvious reason that if you go insane on mitigation stats, this will hurt very badly your DPS, which puts LS out of the game.

The nexus of an arcane beam is flat out impossible for any class
Reply Quote
I face tank balls all the time.

Interesting, ReltyReborn!
Reply Quote
Everything is tankable with enough gear.

When monster power was first added to the game I went for the tankiest gear I could get on my monk. I would CS packs in and two glass cannon buddies blasted them into nothing. Worked great until like MP9 when my lack of DPS hindered the group more than my spamming CS in the middle of anything helped.

At my peak on that gearing path I could stand on the center of arcane for it's full sweep. It would put a pretty good hurting on my monk, but as long as I kept fighting I wouldn't lose much more than half my HP.

My stats at the time were...

HP 185K
Res 1.1K (OWE)
Armor 4K (no STI)
LoH 4.6K
and no LS...because I had only 20K DPS.
Reply Quote
My monk Can't do 1st one or 2nd, but there is only one class I can think of that I know that can do both.

Demon Hunters

I know 100% sure I can stand on center of arcane sentry. I've done it many times when fighting magda (ubers) and when I fight elite packs.

Plague/descrator combo is much harder than standing on center of sentry. My hp fluctuates a lot, more than sitting on center arcane sentry. I haven't paid attention to seeing how many stacks, but I usually just face tank the 3 affixes mentioned. With the 25% LS rune I imagine it would be much easier to do.

Maybe WD can do it also?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]