Diablo® III

Question regarding same screen co-op

If I level all 5 characters to level 60 can my friends choose any of my heroes to play as alongside of me. I do not have anyone that will be playing with me most of the time I play so it would be nice if they could use my leveled characters so we can play endgame together.
Reply Quote
Good question, not sure how the 'pick up and play' aspect is going to work to be honest. Very interested to find out though.

Another scenario; If I level one character to 60 and then a friend comes over to play co-op, do we need to start at the beginning of the game so he can roll a fresh character? Or will there be an 'auto-level' feature that generates a standard same-level character that isn't saved to memory afterwards?

I'm not too fussed if that type of capability doesn't exist obviously, but it would be nice to be able to play with friends that don't have their own characters without having to start at the beginning.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I'm actually really interested in this myself. I'm trying to find out an answer. But blizz are good with secrets. =P
Reply Quote
I'm fairly sure this is answered in the FAQ.

On PS3, guests will have access to all of your saves.

On XBOX, guests will only be able to start new characters, which will not be saved. If they create their own local account, they will be able to save the character but still can't access yours. I guess a (ridiculous) workaround would be to create one or two local accounts and level someone up to 60 so it's available.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728553824#5
Edited by Mercy#1158 on 7/8/2013 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
07/05/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Paranoyed
If I level all 5 characters to level 60 can my friends choose any of my heroes to play as alongside of me. I do not have anyone that will be playing with me most of the time I play so it would be nice if they could use my leveled characters so we can play endgame together.

The answer to this question depends on the console you're playing on. You could do this on the PS3, but the Xbox 360 requires each player to use a separate profile with its own characters. There are some additional details about local coop that you might be interested in (like achievements, saving heroes, and cloud storage), so I'll quote a post from Vaeflare to share some of those details.

How guests can play with you on same screen co-op varies between the console systems.

On the PlayStation 3, additional players will have access to any saves that any User on the system has; however, only the primary User can unlock trophies during single-system co-op.

On the Xbox 360, if additional players logs in on other profiles, they are able to load their own heroes from their own save files. They can also bring their profile and Diablo III save on a memory unit or memory stick and load it at their friend’s house, or alternatively, they can bring their save file and recover their profile from Xbox LIVE (both Silver and Gold tier accounts can do this). If the player is an Xbox LIVE Gold Tier member and they choose to use Cloud Saving from Microsoft, they can also recover both their profile and their save at their friend’s house. It's important to note that only Gold Tier members can play online with other players over Xbox LIVE, however, Silver and Gold Tier members can play locally and recover profiles.

If additional Xbox 360 players log in on a guest profiles, they cannot load their own heroes from save files. If they log in on a guest profile, they will need to create a new hero and when they quit out of the game, their hero will not be saved.

On the Xbox 360 version, each profile that is playing together can unlock achievements.
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Grimiku
If additional Xbox 360 players log in on a guest profiles, they cannot load their own heroes from save files. If they log in on a guest profile, they will need to create a new hero and when they quit out of the game, their hero will not be saved.

Wow, that's lame. It makes guest characters pretty much completely useless on 360.
Reply Quote
wierd, I know on RockBand 2 for the xbox you can have guests play your characters and earn money for the clothing and stuff you can buy. But I guess they are two very different games
Reply Quote
And are you actually planning to correct this ??
Ultimate "Couch experience with friends" : "Hey dude, i heard about this game ! Can we give it a try ?!" "Ok np, but we have to start from scratch, so create your toon and let's kill some rats" "Ok .. Let's play Worms then..."
Reply Quote
Pandard - Necromancer 80 lvl :)
Reply Quote
(for information : this f**** system is actually up on xbox one AND Ps4. Buy it PS3 or walk away)
Reply Quote
Check info about "Apprentice mode" in UEE.
Reply Quote
Yep RedFox, but it actually concern the UEE too (on both plateformes) and "Apprentice mode" doesn't unlock spell/stuff nor fill the gap beetween a lvl 1 and a lvl 70 (i just tried it and "the couch experience with friends " was more about sleeping than playing ..)
Reply Quote
Adventure mode is suppose to allow that low level toon to play with your higher leveled one.
Reply Quote
08/17/2014 07:12 AMPosted by aliens4ever
Adventure mode is suppose to allow that low level toon to play with your higher leveled one.

Apprentice mode does

Adventure mode is something else
Reply Quote
But if my brother puts his profile on my ps4 in addition to mine and he doesn't own d3 will his character be saved in offline? I bought this on console specifically for offline co op
Reply Quote
I created a new account for my girlfriend to use on my PS4 so we can play some couch co-op together. We play together no problem, and I purchased D4:UEE via the PSN store on my account. Just make a free account for whoever you want to play with and you'll be fine. When it prompts you to 'Press X to Join!' just log in to the newly created account, and everything associated with that character will be saved to that account.

Edit: If he already has an existing account just have him log in to it at the character select screen. No difference.
Edited by Entrical#1417 on 8/21/2014 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]