Diablo® III

Too many of you have bad freeze Scoundrels

As the topic says, I see so many people rocking a freeze Scoundrel, with like a 10% buriza, a Star of Azkaranth with no ias, and less than 9% ias rings, combined with hardly any vit... This just seems so horribly inefficient when you're using Cold Blooded (mainly looking at you, Archon wiz's - but applies to CM's + SNS's as well).

IMO

- You want a buriza with 14+ freeze, 60% or more piercing, and a socket with an amethyst for LoH - this is huge for his survivability on high mp levels.

- An Azkaranth ammy with at least 3% freeze (preferably 4.5%) and improved attack speed.

- Two 9% ias rings with tons of vit on them, preferably with sockets for even more vit gems.

- A follower token with 300+ vit, armor/strength, all resists, and more LoH. Don't worry about dex.

Granted this can be expensive to set up, but generally people are geared well enough by now where this gear should easily be easily affordable. You'd be amazed how much more efficient your runs get - even with just a difference in 1.3 - 1.44 ias for Scoundrel.

Also - don't bother activating Scoundrel's first 2 skills, just active his crit bonuses and multishot so he's ALWAYS freezing enemies, not wasting shots slowing them or hiding because he's low on health (that's why you have vit gems and LoH stacked on him). So much effort is undertaken by the community in hitting breakpoints, having just the right gear/build/etc - and yet the majority of your Scoundrel's are complete junk.
Edited by Suikoden#1920 on 7/3/2013 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i only have followers on my twitter account...
Reply Quote
intrigued by this, gonna try farming buriza :D
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 07:47 PMPosted by yems

LOL
Reply Quote
View profile
07/03/2013 07:47 PMPosted by yems

Someone from Indonesia on twitter stole my identity!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS
https://twitter.com/babonism
Reply Quote
As the topic says, I see so many people rocking a freeze Scoundrel, with like a 10% buriza, a Star of Azkaranth with no ias, and less than 9% ias rings, combined with hardly any vit... This just seems so horribly inefficient when you're using Cold Blooded (mainly looking at you, Archon wiz's - but applies to CM's + SNS's as well).

IMO

- You want a buriza with 14+ freeze, 60% or more piercing, and a socket with an amethyst for LoH - this is huge for his survivability on high mp levels.

- An Azkaranth ammy with at least 3% freeze (preferably 4.5%) and improved attack speed.

- Two 9% ias rings with tons of vit on them, preferably with sockets for even more vit gems.

- A follower token with 300+ vit, armor/strength, all resists, and more LoH. Don't worry about dex.

Granted this can be expensive to set up, but generally people are geared well enough by now where this gear should easily be easily affordable. You'd be amazed how much more efficient your runs get - even with just a difference in 1.3 - 1.44 ias for Scoundrel.

Also - don't bother activating Scoundrel's first 2 skills, just active his crit bonuses and multishot so he's ALWAYS freezing enemies, not wasting shots slowing them or hiding because he's low on health (that's why you have vit gems and LoH stacked on him). So much effort is undertaken by the community in hitting breakpoints, having just the right gear/build/etc - and yet the majority of your Scoundrel's are complete junk.

See the Scoundrel of my Barbarian for reference.

1. Check
2. Have been searching for the longest time
3. I'm still fascinated by Leoric's Signet and Puzzle Ring
4. I prefer a follower token with your recommended stats and also, critical hit damage.
Reply Quote
We don't need to freeze them to use cold blooded, only chill them. Meaning any damage done by a scoundrel with a frost bow will cause them to take more damage. We use buriza for the pierce, and the freeze is just a bonus.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 07:56 PMPosted by BDF
We don't need to freeze them to use cold blooded, only chill them. Meaning any damage done by a scoundrel with a frost bow will cause them to take more damage. We use buriza for the pierce, and the freeze is just a bonus.

...But isn't pierce absolutely useless without freeze? Otherwise you're just piercing them and doing like 5dps with a crappy buriza. If you're worried about follower dps, I'd argue you're using them incorrectly - followers should be all about crowd control.
Edited by Suikoden#1920 on 7/3/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 07:56 PMPosted by BDF

I'm sure it's preferable to freeze than chill!
Reply Quote
We don't need to freeze them to use cold blooded, only chill them
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 08:04 PMPosted by jenpeezey
We don't need to freeze them to use cold blooded, only chill them

Weaker option, imo. See my previous comment.
Reply Quote
i sold my 14% freeze buriza long ago, i just needed the pierce effect (70% at least) to chill most of the enemies so that it would activate coldblood. Although freeze is good at times specially for those mobs that have knockbacks, but i havent actually found it worth that much since i use blizzard to slow them
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Freeze chance isn't the biggest thing to look for in a Buriza, though it helps a ton. Pierce percentage is the biggest factor since you want more mobs overall to be chilled in order for Cold Blooded to kick in.

Freeze is big if you don't want to get hit, thus it's more important for players who build glassy.

And also, I still keep Vanish on my Scoundrel because I utilize Hysteria. Dead means no Hysteria. Even with substantial resists, high HP and life regen, he can't take more than two simultaneous Savage Beast charges.
Reply Quote
We use it for an AoE chill (the pierce chills everything it hits), the freeze is to unreliable to make any difference in archon gearing. If you can't facetank everything in archon on the level you're playing....you should turn it down or gear up.

When we have specs like CM-WW any amount of freeze on gear is worthless by comparisson.
Reply Quote
Bad troll
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Suikoden

...But isn't pierce absolutely useless without freeze? Otherwise you're just piercing them and doing like 5dps with a crappy buriza. If you're worried about follower dps, I'd argue you're using them incorrectly - followers should be all about crowd control.

Any enemies that are hit by Buriza are chilled since it comes with cold dmg.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 09:03 PMPosted by MOBAjobg

Any enemies that are hit by Buriza are chilled since it comes with cold dmg.

True, but I guess I meant more for against elites - even if on high MP they take 10-15 seconds to kill, I'd rather have them frozen for half that time than chilled. Also, as in the OP, this is meant more for Archon wiz's.
Reply Quote
I can't afford a Buriza, so I gear my scoundrel with Windforce + cold SoJ. The other slots are +9% aspd and VIT ammy and ring.

Near 50% knockback is lol on non-fast elites. The constant knockback will also stop enemies from doing any attacks that require a longer animation. Pretty good alternative to Buriza if you're poor. The only bad thing is that you have to manually look through 50 pages of SoJ for a cold damage one, and hope someone didn't overprice it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]