Diablo® III

Devs: We need new content

View profile
I love this game, but I have to admit that it's getting boring.

I play from day 1 and would like to enjoy new items (+stats), new challenges, new monsters (+affixes) and yah, some new maps too.

I want to be able to make my char more personal. Can be via items (color, ?more gems?), more skill slots, more paragons (no cap) or whatever else.

New content, at least some information so we can start thinking, planning, having fun...
Reply Quote
And Blizz love money. Relax, there'll sure be expansion.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/04/2013 06:09 AMPosted by stefan

EDIT to the threads title:

Devs: We need new content NOW
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 06:17 AMPosted by RobertVarga

EDIT to the threads title:

Devs: We need new content NOW

Not up to date with the recent going-on's? :P

It's been confirmed that we won't see anything until after Blizzcon (November) this year. They are putting all of their effort into a fundamental revamp of itemization dubbed "Loot 2.0".

If the game has become stale for you in the meantime I'd recommend perhaps taking a break until it hits. Perhaps try out another game for now. :)

Patience is virtue!
Reply Quote
MOAR NAU! Or.. tomorrow... or.. Christmas... or whenever y'know.
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 06:23 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Patience is virtue!

I know this is completely off-topic, but... no, patience is not a virtue. For you to have patience, you have to be patient with those who you deem impatient. Thus, having patience means being impatient since you're already impatient with those who you consider impatient, whom might be considering you impatient for telling them to be patient because..... yeah.

In the end, the patient one is the impatient one, and it is thus not a virtue. :)
Reply Quote
There's nobody around to be impatient at... They're all on console duty. Have been for months, will be for months. Nobody is minding the shop.
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Presence
There's nobody around to be impatient at... They're all on console duty. Have been for months, will be for months. Nobody is minding the shop.

The console and PC teams are separate. The crossover isn't very substantial.
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 06:27 AMPosted by pusimusidu
Patience is virtue!

For you to have patience, you have to be patient with those who you deem impatient.

Or you can simply be patient with those you deem busy. The devs are by no means "impatient".. unless you have some weird alternate definition of patience. My point is that the content will come, the world won't end in the meantime, life will go on etc etc. I understand it can be frustrating waiting (see: impatience) but it's just something people are required to do. Opposed to what some player's may believe, we are in fact not entitled to x amount of content over x amount of time.

As I said, if the game becomes stale in the meantime there are numerous other things that life can offer, including other games. :)

Fun Fact:

Did you know in the whole year between Diablo 2 and LoD's release there was not a single content patch? Nothing but bug fixes and UI tweaks. Just saying!
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 08:18 AMPosted by DamienJohn

For you to have patience, you have to be patient with those who you deem impatient.

Or you can simply be patient with those you deem busy. The devs are by no means "impatient".. unless you have some weird alternate definition of patience. My point is that the content will come, the world won't end in the meantime, life will go on etc etc. I understand it can be frustrating waiting (see: impatience) but it's just something people are required to do. Opposed to what some player's may believe, we are in fact not entitled to x amount of content over x amount of time.

As I said, if the game becomes stale in the meantime there are numerous other things that life can offer, including other games. :)

Fun Fact:

Did you know in the whole year between Diablo 2 and LoD's release there was not a single content patch? Nothing but bug fixes and UI tweaks. Just saying!

Fun Fact: Did you know that the Diablo 3 RMAH was introduced mainly so that blizzard could have a steady flow of money from the game after the initial purchase to help fund new content and patches? Apparently they forgot about this though, and are just stuffing their coffers with the money instead, or buying boats and booze. Because last I read, the only reason we got so many patches this year (and lets be honest here it wasn't that many and they were done slowly and poorly), was because the game was/is in such a horrible state.
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 08:03 AMPosted by DamienJohn

The console and PC teams are separate. The crossover isn't very substantial.

1. Do you really believe anything they tell you? I read that, too. So what?
2. Yes the crossover is very substantial, according to the own words of a Blue in a recent interview (which I'm too indifferent to go searching for). They had to rebuild almost everything for the consoles.
3. Even if your statement were true, game designers and artists-in-chief may be different, but the nether code monkeys doing all the heavy lifting are not: The monster and weapons creators, programmers, audio experts, collison control guys and what have you, all of them working for whatever vision the Devs come up with and actually performing while their bosses sit in the office all day, talking about stuff to tell us about later, they are exactly the same. Wouldn't make any sense to use different people to repeat the very same task in the console environment. So the chiefs could vary, but the many, many injuns, those who should do badly needed PC stuff, are all super busy and on console detail right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]