Diablo® III

Gear Chat.

Some cheap giggles about yor own gear. Keep it wizard related!

Extra commentary is cool too !

1) what's your favorite item and why

LOH tri-pox, my best snipe, opened door to mempo setup

2) most expensive item

Reckless Star - ring

3) most over paid item

Chest - bit of splurge compared to comparables

4) most regrettable item

Chest

5) most replaced item

Vile Wards

Go go go go. !

EDIT: added my own answers
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 7/4/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
1) Ice Climbers - because I refuse to be your run-of-the-mill Archon wizard with Zuni Trail. Plus blue is hot.

2) Sword - yeah...

3) See number two

4) None

5) Rings - I went from EHP Pox to tri-Pox, to high DPS rare rings, to high EHP rare rings, back to tri-Pox, to my current balanced DPS-EHP rare rings
Reply Quote
Fun thread!

1) Ammy - was a long journey finding something with good dps but still had the solid CM support stats (high CC%, AR). I know it's not the best but I waited many weeks on the AH to find what I needed, i guess it's my fave item since I had to be patient

2) Zuni Ring

3) definitely the bracers, bought at $80 RMAH. have a feeling i overpaid but due to availability it was an insta buy!

4) Most regrettable for me was spending some big bucks on my old 800 armor TR body. Had like 180/180/800 arm/9 IAS or something. Thought i'd have it for a long time until i realized I couldn't do the builds I wanted with that little VIT on the body... sigh live and learn!

5) Definitely rings, since it is so hard to find awesome rings I ended up having many "Bandaid" solutions. As a result I have probably wasted countless gold to get to where I am
Reply Quote

The dupox. I just love it.

2) most expensive item

The dupox.

3) most over paid item

The dupox.

4) most regrettable item

Bracers... I wish it rolled with 6% CC and more int.

5) most replaced item

Bracers.
Reply Quote
Added my answers oops.
Reply Quote
) what's your favorite item and why

Tal Chest - the numbers are so close to perfect ..minus the armor

2) most expensive item

Nat Ring

3) most over paid item

probably the lacuni - but then i sniped a 6 cc one with similar stats for 9 usd..so i guess that evens it out...

4) most regrettable item

don't own them anymore..usually dispose of them right away so i don't have to face my nightmares...lol

5) most replaced item

Probably the storm crow

FYI, this is a great thread..i am stealing and putting it on the DH forum as well...:P
Edited by Killua#1993 on 7/4/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Mempo. I got it last December right as I hit 100. It has nostalgic value.

2) most expensive item
Sword? James recently tried to convince me to sell it to him two times.

3) most over paid item
Old Tal amulet or old gloves I no longer have. I'm not sure.

4) most regrettable item
Not sure what you mean -- I sold my EF because the fear was bad, annoying in groups; I sold my old Zuni chest and probably should have kept it.

5) most replaced item
According to my personal d3up, I seem to have replaced Lacunis the most often. Scary. Scary also because I don't remember any of that.
Reply Quote
1.) Blackthorne's Surcoat - It's more of an identity thing at this point. I found my first Surcoat back in 1.0.3 with my wizard, and never looked back. The high EHP is also a plus, and Blackthorne's looks really awesome on a female wizard! Surcoat for life! ^_^
2.) Most expensive item - 5%cc Mempo. Got if for relatively cheap from Aimless. He was aghast that I was wearing Andariel's Visage at the time (since I've always been pretty poor), and he told me "friends don't let friends wear Andies." And the rest is happy history!
3.) Unsure, but probably my Chant's Force. But being a Meteor wizzie, I REALLY wanted the -5Meteor Reduction and 10APoC.
4.) My Lacuni Prowlers. I'd really like to add some all resistance there (replacing the armor).
5.) Most definitely my rings
Reply Quote

My rare Wizard hat (Insolent Peak). Because I don't think there's anything else out there like it for Sleet Storm. I also love my bracers. Made them on patch day, and took only 30 crafts to make. They were a huge upgrade at the time, and still one of the best all-around Int bracers I've ever seen.

2) most expensive item

Demonic Treasure (ring)

3) most over paid item

I have an Explosive Blast CC Mara's in my stash that I paid almost 500m for. I was almost positive at the time that an idea I had for a build was going to pan out in this amazing way and that it would be well worth the cost. Although the idea works, it wasn't nearly what I thought it was going be. At least not yet. ;)

4) most regrettable item

Probably the rare Wizard hat in my stash with APoC, CC, socket, int, and Arcane Torrent cost reduction. I paid a lot for it, but I never ever use it.

5) most replaced item

Hmm... probably Vile Wards. I have like 5 different pairs with different ranges of stats that I swap out depending on the build I'm using in order to help keep my mitigation and HP at certain levels, or if I need Pickup Radius for something.
Reply Quote
1.) I don't have a favorite item. Everything I have could be replaced by something better.

2.) My most expensive item is the Chant's source

3.)My most overpaid is several pieces I have BIN'd just because I wanted them at the time, and was just a hair overpriced. The lacuni's(on Doc right now) was 300mil, and it was basically cause I wanted more armor along with pretty much the same stats I already had. So, I paid 300 mil for about 200 armor.

4.) My crafted amulet. It was nice to get LoH and CC/CD on it, but it did set my path, and I might have built a little different if it wasn't for that amulet.

5.) I have went through several Chants Wills, but at least they have been better every time. Also rings, I have wasted so much gold on incremental upgrades.
Reply Quote
1. My blackthornes would have to be my most favorite piece, it opens the door to being a critical mass and has that amazing LoH making it the most versatile piece of gear you can possibly get, best bang for your buck is always a favorite in my book!

2. My mempo would be the most expensive on my gear. Though self rolled it was a really really well rolled moment of my life. Can't really find anything up to it worth the money to upgrade it making it the most expensive piece of my whole set.

3. Most overpaid has got to be my Dream depths. Could of gotten a cheaper one with almost same stats for way cheaper, but I literally splurged on buying it and never really looked back.

4. My most regrettable item is nothing at all. I never really regret anything because I am still learning from trial and error, keep pushing to craft, keep pushing to flip, keep pushing to jsp hours a day. Plus it is just a game ;)

5. Most replaced item, Chantodos will, little upgrade the better. "My will for chantodo's will always strive to be strong"
Reply Quote
Oh fun.

Definitely my 1266dps os wand. Really helped me and I was so excited when I IDed it and saw the stats. I just wish I could use it with cm spec. Or maybe my hat. It also gave me a huge boost (put me up to 26 apoc) especially for playing cm in high mp levels.

2) most expensive item
No idea. (;

3) most over paid item
I don't pay for items. (;

4) most regrettable item
NA

5) most replaced item
Rings or ammy maybe? I don't really know.
Reply Quote
1) My 2nd ring. I think people undervalue sockets too much and how much they really bring when you put a decent gem in them Only paid like 1mil for the ring.

2)Wand, paid like 40mil for it but I think it was a good investment. I'll be keeping it for a while until I can get a really GG one

3) Either my shoulders which i paid like 17 and got last week or helm, which i bought a while ago and has gone down quite a bit since.

4)N/A

5) Chest.
Reply Quote
My Hellfire ring. Because it takes some time doing ubers just to be able to craft one. And you know the chances of rolling a trifecta with high main stat.

2) most expensive item
The sword on my WD.

3) most over paid item
I'd have to go with either my CD Chant or Ice Climbers. Both 500m.

4) most regrettable item
None. I don't regret any of my purchases.

5) most replaced item
The other (not hellfire) ring.
Reply Quote
View profile

2) most expensive item

3) most over paid item

4) most regrettable item

5) most replaced item

1. Probably my BOA ammy because it got such a nice vit roll, decent tri rolls (although I want better, won't give up) and believe it or not the high phys res is nice vs. reflect dmg which is still a nasty affix for a lot of builds if you aren't careful. Just opens up a lot of options because it's not void of EHP.

2. My 1132 DPS 1.65 10 APoC 189 int chants will, about 630M.

3. Really don't know the calamity mkt very well, may have OPed for her calamity @ 200M, Seemed reasonable at the time for a b/o.

4. It hasn't happened yet but it will be my DH's mempo.

5. Definitely weapon. Gone through at least 5 chants wills, multiple rare daggers, wands, axes, skorns, swords, even have a solid doom hammer that was a drop (1250ish DPS (arcane pththth) 5.2 LS, 200+int, 115ish CD, OS) that will be out-DPSed by just about any skorn but is fun to have if you wanna mess around with 0.90 APS.
Reply Quote

Probably my spear. Snagged it for 40 mill on a buyout. Haven't seen its like anywhere.
But a close second is my amulet because it adds a helluva lotta DPS.

2) most expensive item

Most expensive would probably be my storm crow. Least in my eyes as I am not too savvy with the AH3 pricing.

3) most over paid item

I think I overpaid the most for my pox. Had no idea what it was worth and bought it on a buyout because it was a major EHP upgrade.

4) most regrettable item

Probably my Lacunis that are rotting in my stash. Total garbage.

5) most replaced item

Bracers. I just can't seem to craft a pair I like.
Reply Quote

My Nat's Ring. I've had it for a long time and it was a pretty big deal when I got it back in the day.

2) most expensive item

See above.

3) most over paid item

See above.

4) most regrettable item

I own a GG Traveler's Pledge and Compass Rose set... I really don't know why I bought them, but I'm holding on to them because I might one day find a build that works for them :)

5) most replaced item

Vile Ward/BT Pants/Witching Hour. I have at least 3 of each at any given time and switch between them a lot.
Reply Quote

It's a toss up between Mempo of Twilight (from own loot drop) and crafted shoulder called "Warlord Prism", managed to overcome RNG rolls frustration.

2) most expensive item

A quadfecta + LoH rare ring (equipped by barb atm) called "Precious Sink".

3) most over paid item

Lacuni Prowlers that comes with AR and armor.

4) most regrettable item

Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross (equipped by barb atm)

5) most replaced item

must be weapons
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 7/4/2013 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Boozor

-My tyraels might, got it so pretty cheap (20mil) but so far the most useful gear i have

2) most expensive item

-the sword worth 2beez

3) most over paid item

-the sword worth 2beez

4) most regrettable item

-the sword worth 2beez

5) most replaced item

-my desolate lantern ring, the cheapest item i got which i won the bid for 105k

http://i41.tinypic.com/ir47lk.jpg

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/31479196
Edited by yems#6688 on 7/4/2013 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]