Diablo® III

Is Auriel a prime goodness?

Is Auriel a prime goodness or are we missing 2 more archangels? We have hope, now where is faith and love?

Is Auriel all 3 Theological virtues rolled into 1? or are there 2 more female angels secretly hiding?

If we stack the archangels together with the old 7 virtues, then that would mean that Auriel is a prime goodness

So is Auriel the prime goodess or is she 1 out of 3 like the prime evils?

If you think about it, the d3 archangels of Valor, Fate, Wisdom, Justice and they pretty much compare with the 4 cardinal virtues of Fortitude, Prudence, Temperance, Justice.

I place the archangel of Fate with Prudence because Prudence is the ability to judge between actions with regard to appropriate actions at a given time and he can pretty much see that in his scroll. I place Wisdom with Temperance because practicing self-control, abstention, and moderation is what this archangel seem to mostly do. He starts off as the moderate council’s leader unlike Imperius, he abstains from judging sanctuary, and in the end over time and with the Worldstone’s destruction he loses self-control as he grows dark. This are further shown to be in the episode Wrath as Wisdom uses self-control or discipline to deflect the demons weapons back at them.
Edited by LupusRufus#1584 on 7/6/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is Auriel a prime goodness or are we missing 2 more archangels? We have hope, now where is faith and love?

Is Auriel all 3 Theological virtues rolled into 1? or are there 2 more female angels secretly hiding?

If we stack the archangels and lords of hell together like the old 7 virtues and old 7 sins, not the new ones, then that would mean that Auriel is a prime goodness

So is Auriel the prime goodess or is she 1 out of 3 like the prime evils?

If you think about it, the d3 archangels of Valor, Fate, Wisdom, Justice and they pretty much compare with the 4 cardinal virtues of Fortitude, Prudence, Temperance, Justice.

I place the archangel of Fate with Prudence because Prudence is the ability to judge between actions with regard to appropriate actions at a given time and he can pretty much see that in his scroll. I place Wisdom with Temperance because practicing self-control, abstention, and moderation is what this archangel seem to mostly do. He starts off as the moderate council’s leader unlike Imperius, he abstains from judging sanctuary, and in the end over time and with the Worldstone’s destruction he loses self-control as he grows dark. This are further shown to be in the episode Wrath as Wisdom uses self-control or discipline to deflect the demons weapons back at them.

It doesn't work that way in Diablo. The prime/lesser evils aren't supposed to the represent the seven deadly sins. Though Azmodan is the lord of sin. His lieutenants represent each of the seven deadly sins whereas he's the lord of them all. Mephisto is Hate. Diablo is Terror. Baal is destruction. So on and so on.
Reply Quote
Thanks for pointing out my mistake as sin and vice are 2 different lists, i edit that part out as not to cause confusion. my posts still stands though about her as, even though Imerius is said to be the strongest she is shown to be of greater importance then the others.
Edited by LupusRufus#1584 on 7/6/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for pointing out my mistake as sin and vice are 2 different lists, i edit that part out as not to cause confusion. my posts still stands though about her as, even though Imerius is said to be the strongest she is shown to be of greater importance then the others.

It still doesn't make sense. If all the demon lords fuse, Ghom, Cydnaea, etc. They wouldn't form a prime evil. All the arch angels on the angiris council are equal with each other in their own ways. Imperius being the best warrior among them. Here I'll explain a bit better.

Diablo became the prime evil. This meant that he essentially became evil incarnate in a physical body. Diablo had become "Evil." Auriel is not the very definition of Good. The reason why Diablo was "Evil incarnate." is because he had merged with the most powerful embodiments of evil. Diablo was..

The King of Lies, Sin, Destruction, Terror, Anguish, Pain, and Hate. Diablo was all of this in one body.
Edited by Reslin#1758 on 7/6/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]