Diablo® III

tried the tri-build, and loved it....

although i missed using my bell, and it took a few runs to get the feel of things, i really enjoyed it....i equipped my self with a WKL, and a lower dps lighting sword hoping it would kick butt..... not even sure if the dual lighting dmg weps did anything, but i loved it regardless.......

while on the subject, can anyone tell me if indeed the build and weapons used, actually makes a difference in dmg.... thnx

and ps. the WKL is for sale...
Reply Quote
The elemental type on weapons doesnt matter, its overridden if the skill (FoT/Cyclone) specifies another element.

That said, a lightning sword to go with the WKL looks friggin boss :D
Reply Quote
OP,

Think black damage weapon for MH if you're using WKL is best
Reply Quote
Rare sword or fist dex/cd/ls/socket & LS WKL
Reply Quote
I've been wanting to try the trigen, kim can you link me the build(s)? in this thread :)
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 04:45 PMPosted by SirNick
I've been wanting to try the trigen, kim can you link me the build(s)? in this thread :)

I made a sample footage of the build last week. Check out the description of the video. I covered the basic there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZW2eMmUL6I

Here's the spec: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aUSYbk!gXV!aZccca

FitL and BoY are free slots.

You can put anything for those two slots.
Reply Quote
Tri-Gen FTW!!! In your face, Bell-lovers! (%

As DVTN suggested, black weapon works best with WKL, as it takes advantage of those 5/6% to Lightning damage, but that's not a biggie and any type of elemental weapon will work nearly as fine.

If going to DW, keep that WKL (unless you have a better one stashed away). WKL is the best way to boost the performance of this build, although it does not reflect on your pDPS. If you decide to do it the Flattylol way, with a Skorn, here is the link to his excellent guide:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245744864

All credit goes to the creator, I'm just spreading the good work. And keep insisting that it's better to DW. (%

EDIT: Spelling and guide creator's name. I have no idea how I was able to chalk this one up to KimSulki. I blame my sinusitis.
Edited by Laurelynd#1459 on 7/8/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tokio was the one who created this! :D

It works much better for DW. No doubt.
Reply Quote
Wow that's a really awesome build! insane to see your edps, even pdps, sky rocket :)! Glad there's finally a build that specializes with wkl! So as far as gameplay, I have the force stand still feature moved to tab for easier use. But when you are playing how often are you using the force stand still feature? Are you only really using it when you are using deadly reach/ sometimes wothf? Or not at all? Just trying to find the most effective way to take advantage of this build.
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 09:47 PMPosted by SirNick
Wow that's a really awesome build! insane to see your edps, even pdps, sky rocket :)! Glad there's finally a build that specializes with wkl! So as far as gameplay, I have the force stand still feature moved to tab for easier use. But when you are playing how often are you using the force stand still feature? Are you only really using it when you are using deadly reach/ sometimes wothf? Or not at all? Just trying to find the most effective way to take advantage of this build.

The build is beyond amazing, it generates a solid 50% damage increase that you can see reflected on your pDPS, eDPS results can vary depending on gear selection. Being based on the old cookie-cutter (FoT + Cyclones as primary damage dealers) it definitely benefits from a WKL, so that's hardly a novelty approach. Besides, as you can see from Flattylol's guide, it can be executed even with a Skorn, so I wouldn't say it strictly specializes in WKL. The DW version has been around for quite a while (I believe it's also included in LR/CF/Angelthirst's almanac under some obscure Trinity-something title), it has just gained some more popularity as of late.

Whether or not you're going to use the stand still feature is entirely up to you. I hold it down at all times while attacking, regardless of which skill I'm using. You should give it a spin and see what works best for you.
Reply Quote
I also tried the tri gen build and loved it a little more micro management to get used to put the dps boost is sweet
Reply Quote
Love seeing the pDPS boost. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pDPS boost doesn't even take into account the 18% boost from Deadly Reach:Foresight, yes?

I'm still confused with FITL mechanics though, as I seem to get varying boosts from it.
I have 210k pDPS unbuffed. With all three generators active, my pDPS goes up to 330k. This is always constant.

But after hitting 330k and activating FITL, my pDPS will vary at either 530k or 590k. Why is this so? Both my weapons have the same attack speed. I'd really like to hit 590k constantly!
Reply Quote
FitL dmg boost lasts for 3 seconds.

I almost always use the standstill key for most of my builds. It's just a habit for me.

Foresight dmg boost shows on the pdps.

The combo strike dmg bonus for DR stays as long as the DR bonus is on, so you can press DR every 10 or 15 or 20 seconds. Up to you.

But obviously, you have refresh the BF stacks every 4-5 seconds. It's no biggie though.

Overawe spam needs to be on all times to maximize the synergy for this build.
Reply Quote
Try the one I'm using. It's still great fun, admittedly not quite as useful on elites, but works wonders on groups of mobs.
Reply Quote
Yeah i never really used stand still too much until I started using a cm/sns wiz. I've noticed dramatic difference in cyclones generated however when I use standstill. And with thunder clap it isn't much of a problem at all for versatility. Especially with an ef, it's a lot easier cause he doesn't constantly chase just sticks by mobs.
Reply Quote
07/09/2013 12:19 AMPosted by HeyMomma
Love seeing the pDPS boost. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pDPS boost doesn't even take into account the 18% boost from Deadly Reach:Foresight, yes?

Damage bonuses from DR:Foresight and WotHF:BF (those two being the most commonly used sidekicks to FoT:TC in the Tri-Gen build) do reflect on the pDPS. What does not reflect is the 8-24% bonus from CS itself.

07/09/2013 12:19 AMPosted by HeyMomma
But after hitting 330k and activating FITL, my pDPS will vary at either 530k or 590k. Why is this so? Both my weapons have the same attack speed. I'd really like to hit 590k constantly!

I'm guessing that you're maybe letting the boost from WotHF:BF slip off sometimes. This will have a wider margin of pDPS difference in the FitL phase, as the AS is multiplicative with your DPS. Just make sure all buffs are constantly on and you shouldn't be seeing fluctuations in your pDPS during FitL, regardless of weapon speed differences (pDPS averages the alternation of both weapons and doesn't change with each swing).
Reply Quote
07/09/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Laurelynd
I'm guessing that you're maybe letting the boost from WotHF:BF slip off sometimes. This will have a wider margin of pDPS difference in the FitL phase, as the AS is multiplicative with your DPS. Just make sure all buffs are constantly on and you shouldn't be seeing fluctuations in your pDPS during FitL, regardless of weapon speed differences (pDPS averages the alternation of both weapons and doesn't change with each swing).

But something funky is going on.

I tried this today, and I saw the same thing a few times with my window open.

I taped it, too. Even when all stacks are up, hitting FITL ended up with two different numbers. I have the same weapon speed on both.
Reply Quote
But something funky is going on.

I tried this today, and I saw the same thing a few times with my window open.

I taped it, too. Even when all stacks are up, hitting FITL ended up with two different numbers. I have the same weapon speed on both.

I think I solved it and yes - WotHF:BF is the culprit.

You see, when you activate FitL with all buffs active and running, the game slaps 30% flat damage increase on top of whatever your pDPS happens to be at the precise moment you hit the FitL button. However, if you happen to reactivate WotHF:BF during that 3-sec phase, the 15% AS bonus refreshes based on whatever your pDPS is at the time of reactivation. It works as double-dipping, of sorts. Pity it's too short-lived to be properly exploited. (%

I don't usually run with FitL and had never noticed that before. Good catch, guys! (%
Reply Quote

Damage bonuses from DR:Foresight and WotHF:BF (those two being the most commonly used sidekicks to FoT:TC in the Tri-Gen build) do reflect on the pDPS. What does not reflect is the 8-24% bonus from CS itself.

The 8/16/24/36% bonus from CS is in fact represented on your character sheet. I've seen this in action on many occasions, and even the numbers from D3up with the CS skill checked add up to the same amount.
Reply Quote
There are definitely no hidden buffs or hidden damage with this build outside of WKL.

You can count on doing single target dps of roughly 9-12X your pdps unbuffed.

250k dps = 2.25mil - 3mil single target dps

EDIT: The high end (11-12X) is for people with high CC, IAS and 25% WKL.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 7/9/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]