Diablo® III

tried the tri-build, and loved it....

There are definitely no hidden buffs or hidden damage with this build outside of WKL.

You can count on doing single target dps of roughly 9-12X your pdps unbuffed.

250k dps = 2.25mil - 3mil single target dps

EDIT: The high end (11-12X) is for people with high CC, IAS and 25% WKL.

*Sigh* I can never get the hang of what's additive and what's a multiplier. Thanks, for clearing this up, Fitz!

Thought I had figured out the FitL conundrum, but upon further testing it turns out I have not. Oh, well - better just do it, than over-think it, I guess.
Reply Quote
There are explanations for everything you see here. And I'll get to them a little later. For what it's worth, I see two different numbers, too, but they everything to do with my weapons and how D3 calculates the FitL bonus and nothing to do with Combination Strike or any generators.
Reply Quote
Tri-Gen FTW!!! In your face, Bell-lovers! (%

As DVTN suggested, black weapon works best with WKL, as it takes advantage of those 5/6% to Lightning damage, but that's not a biggie and any type of elemental weapon will work nearly as fine.

If going to DW, keep that WKL (unless you have a better one stashed away). WKL is the best way to boost the performance of this build, although it does not reflect on your pDPS. If you decide to do it the Flattylol way, with a Skorn, here is the link to his excellent guide:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245744864

All credit goes to the creator, I'm just spreading the good work. And keep insisting that it's better to DW. (%

EDIT: Spelling and guide creator's name. I have no idea how I was able to chalk this one up to KimSulki. I blame my sinusitis.

..... I don't think this build is all that new, I know I started using it around late last year. A 2h empowered wave build gives you more dps than this build for the record even with a cd/socket wkl off hand.
Reply Quote
Hi Blue,,

My gears look similar to yours especially WKL. haha!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 7/9/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
FitL's bonus depends on the active weapon at the time of activation. In a nutshell, the lower number you're seeing occurs when the WKL is the active weapon. This should happen half the time, given that the attack speeds are equivalent. To calculate this down to a few points, I'd need to plug some numbers into some spreadsheets, but it's not necessary because it's easy to test:

1. Equip weapons with different attack speeds.
2. Open the Details pane for your character.
3. Note the attack speed.
4. Activate FitL.
5. Note the pDPS.
6. Attack the air until the other weapon is active. (Hint: Check the attack speed!)
7. Activate FitL.
8. Note the (new) pDPS.

And that's why you see the differences even though you have identical APSs on your weapons.
Reply Quote
Also, I'll clear up two misconceptions I've seen in this thread:

• Blazing Fists adds 0.05 APS per stack, not 5% IAS.
  • FitL adds a bonus between 25% and 35%. (It will vary with each swing.) D3 treats this as 30% for pDPS purposes. This bonus is scaled by your attack speed.

Refreshers here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415601873

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416262305
Reply Quote
Also, I'll clear up another misconception I've seen in this thread:

The build sucks.
Reply Quote

The build sucks.

Your monk's hair sucks.

No need to hate the non-nirvana builds people.

If you don't like that, bring it.

I'll pvp you all. :P
Reply Quote
07/09/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
FitL's bonus depends on the active weapon at the time of activation. In a nutshell, the lower number you're seeing occurs when the WKL is the active weapon. This should happen half the time, given that the attack speeds are equivalent. To calculate this down to a few points, I'd need to plug some numbers into some spreadsheets, but it's not necessary because it's easy to test

That's what it is, then. OK, WotHF is off the hook. Thanks for taking the time to look into this, Vrkhyz! FitL is a fickle b!tch and I have little love for it.

Also:

The build sucks.

Get lost, Fitz! (%
Reply Quote
Just clearing up misconceptions folks. No need to be angry.

If you like to play this build go for it.

Doesn't change the fact that it does crap for dps.
Reply Quote
View profile
I almost always use my cookie hybrid with wol as big spender I can't say nirvana is crap I haven't tried it really I think all the different builds are good. More or less it's personal preference not everyone is all hardcore about efficiency some people play for fun like me. I say use whatever works for you so long as you enjoy it who cares what anyone else thinks
Reply Quote
Hi Blue,,

My gears look similar to yours especially WKL. haha!

lol, then why is it your doing so much more dmg than i am?
Reply Quote
I'm a little confused about favoring the standstill feature. Isn't the movement bonus part of the allure of Blazing Fists?
Reply Quote
I would think most ppl use it for dmg primarily, the movement is a nice bonus when combats over, or just punching a stray mob when running somewhere
Reply Quote

The build sucks.

Just stop.

Not everyone likes spamming clunky bells which knock every mob everywhere either. This build has proven itself as viable.

Don't know what the hate is about.
Reply Quote
Just clearing up misconceptions folks. No need to be angry.

If you like to play this build go for it.

Doesn't change the fact that it does crap for dps.

There's no misconception on your attitude in this topic.

It's crap.

And you are like this in a lot of non-nirvana build.
Reply Quote
The build sucks.

Why does it suck?

It worked better than what I usually run for Ghom testing.
Reply Quote
I've noticed that all the staunch nirvana supporters tend to look down on all other builds, despite theirs potentially being based on a bug.
Reply Quote
Looking down on something, OK, but I'm asking Fitz to give me OBJECTIVE reasons for why the build sucks and why I should not use it.
Reply Quote
There's no misconception on your attitude in this topic.

It's crap.

And you are like this in a lot of non-nirvana build.

The misconception I was clearing up is that this is a "good" build. By that I mean on par with Bell builds in damage output, survivability, etc. This is the usual standard builds are judged by.

As I stated before, run what you like.

The problem is AH Tycoons like yourself run around posting vids in their overgeared toons of builds that aren't very good, but appear good because of their gg gear. But, hey, you played every build long ago so you already knew that right?

I call a pig a pig. For instance, I said your Combi Strike replacement for BoY in the Nirvana build sucked. That would be me speaking truth. Also, your "Nirvana Suck" build also sucks. At least with that one you got the name right. That was me criticizing Nirvana builds.

Play however you want. I don't care. I am not like other guys here though who know builds posted suck and refrain from saying it because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Truth first.

If you want good builds, try these:

1, TR/Bell for DE farming
2. TR/Bell/EP for trash farming
3. DS/Bell/EP for trash farming
4. DS/CS/EP for groups
5. Nirvana - general farming
6. Cooke/EP - general farming

Alternatively you can play builds like this too if you find them fun. They are like a high school team playing a pro team however.

Enjoy your popcorn boys and girls.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 7/10/2013 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]