Diablo® III

Diablo 3 portraits? ... and other things.

Why the lack of portraits in D3?

I am not talking about the in-game paragon banners that you get...

There are many cool portraits and avatars in SC2 and WoW, (I have an Aberration portrait from SC2). How come Diablo 3 doesn't have this?

D3 should input a rewards system that correlates with certain achievements, (Reach 100 paragon, complete campaign on inferno.. etc etc).

These rewards would consist of portraits, maybe new skins. (tired of the bearded barb). Maybe new skill animations.

Or you can even take the "skins" idea even further. For example, like armor. ilvl 63 armor on a barb is this blackish red demon like armor, perhaps that can have an alternate armor scheme?
Reply Quote
I got this here beta-avatar for the forums.
Reply Quote
Well... the forum portaits suggests that the game is still on beta, thats probably why, we dont even have basic portaits in the forums.

http://us.battle.net/d3/static/local-common/images/d3/portraits/beta-avatar.jpg?v=57-72
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Maybe these will tickle your fancy:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/95772-battlenet-desktop-client-the-effectiveness-of-cms-a-sync-fixes-bugged-authenticators/

Potential avatars:
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/february/BnetClientAvatars.jpg
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 7/8/2013 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 03:38 PMPosted by YenMaster

The lack of portraits compared to other Blizz titles isn't what surprises me. What surprises me is that this post has been up for a whole 15 minutes without a CM saying "Hey! That's a great useless addition to the game! Let's get this "on the table" right away!"
Reply Quote
Don't let blizz see this post they are easily distracted. After seeing this they could end up pushing itemization back months to tackle this pressing matter.
Reply Quote
I thought I read someplace when they were introducing paragon levels that our portraits in game were eventually supposed to be for the forums as well. I couldn't find where that was stated, so maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me. Either way, something different to set each post apart would be cool.
Reply Quote
I thought I read someplace when they were introducing paragon levels that our portraits in game were eventually supposed to be for the forums as well.
It's something that comes up in meetings a lot and gets talked about around the office, but there are no plans currently to implement such a feature.
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Nishi
It's something that comes up in meetings a lot and gets talked about around the office, but there are no plans currently to implement such a feature.

I think it's insane that the developers didn't think of implementing this from the very beginning. Since SC2 and WoW both have their fair share.
Reply Quote
I like my Overlord of Terror vs. your generic Diablo3 diablo head on a silver platter.
Reply Quote
[quote]Posted by Nishi

07/08/2013 05:44 PMPosted by YenMaster
I think it's insane that the developers didn't think of implementing this from the very beginning. Since SC2 and WoW both have their fair share.

Uhh....sorry, bra...think Nishi was trollin' right thurrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comes up in meetings, on the table, talk around the office....all classic Blizzard replies to any idea that we, the community (shout out to Daywalk3r), ever try to bestow on this game.
Edited by Omniscient#1704 on 7/8/2013 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
game and forums still in beta.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

There are many cool portraits and avatars in SC2 and WoW, (I have an Aberration portrait from SC2). How come Diablo 3 doesn't have this?
We're aware that Diablo III characters have generic posting avatars on the forums, and we agree that it would be cool for players to differentiate themselves and their achievements a bit more. We have some possible ideas we're considering, but at this point in time, we don't have an eta on when you might see them make their way onto the forums.

07/08/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Blazed
Don't let blizz see this post they are easily distracted. After seeing this they could end up pushing itemization back months to tackle this pressing matter.
Your post has been sighted! ;)

You may be relieved to know that the Diablo III development team and our web team are entirely separate, so the development of in-game features (such as updates concerning itemization) will not be delayed due to website updates.
Reply Quote
I find the choice of D3 forum avatars accurately reflects the amount of character customization available in game.
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we don't have an eta

We already know that. We still missing the achivements.
Reply Quote
We're aware that Diablo III characters have generic posting avatars on the forums, and we agree that it would be cool for players to differentiate themselves and their achievements a bit more. We have some possible ideas we're considering, but at this point in time, we don't have an eta on when you might see them make their way onto the forums.

Jesus, it's bad enough that you guys have endless conversations on what to do about adding / changing stuff in the game without actually ever doing anything, but you are actually doing the same kind of stuff over adding more avatars to the forums?
Reply Quote

Reply Quote
07/08/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Omniscient

The lack of portraits compared to other Blizz titles isn't what surprises me. What surprises me is that this post has been up for a whole 15 minutes without a CM saying "Hey! That's a great useless addition to the game! Let's get this "on the table" right away!"

hahahahaha
Reply Quote
i always assumed since beta that the custumisted banners ingame would act as the forum avitar :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]