Diablo® III

[Chronicle] Back to the Gym (Week 7 update)

@KJ!

We need before and after pics of you!
Reply Quote
@KJ!

We need before and after pics of you!

maybe after, the before pics are embarrassing!

trust me, i'm a fat butt.
Reply Quote
Who was that other jerk with godly nein/nein/nein amulet?

Post the pic.

Oh, the 9/10/100 ammy; i don't remember.
btw, i'm joking. you're bracers are not ugly nor are you!

Here are some pics of my home gym that I set up in my basement.
I'm very happy with it. I been to the gym and I just feel I have everything I need at home.
Lat pulldowns, preacher curls, squat, rows, cable crossover, etc....
I'm happiest about the powerblocks. Dumbells in 2.5 lb increments, up to 85 lbs. (not to brag but that eventually was not enough)
Complete with TV for P90X & Insanity. Push-up bars, pull-up bar, treadmill, weighted vest, weighted gloves, etc :D

2 pieces missing that I may get myself this year as a treat.
Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine
One of those short back seats for military presses.

http://imgur.com/Md1ntUU,QhWmVzm,IUDhs2j,MqXU3Zd,pVPKBuf,cjcSfZr,EbLpOnK#0
Reply Quote
I think this is totally awesome!

-A goal without a plan is just a wish.

You have great goals, and I believe you have the attitude to achieve it. Not only that, but you DO have the power of two behind you. Even without direct encouragement from your wife you acknowledge that you could be effecting her life. But you realize that these are things you CAN control.

I've been constantly on a battle this year trying to get my diet straight.. but that is a different story on it's own. I believe in you!!! You will do it, because it's what you need.
Reply Quote
I see you got a decent table there. Put your pc there and play d3 in between bicep tricep sets.
Reply Quote
came in to see nekkid pictures and is leaving disappointed...

on the challenge thing, it's not really a challenge. What we did in our other forum was we logged all exercises and goals on a daily basis. More of a motivational thing to keep the others going by showing our progress in gains and that we were still hitting the gym on our scheduled days..

We could all post our goals like I want to hit the gym 3x a week. Every time we missed our a day of workout, you would pay 5m into the pool. At the end of the month, whoever missed the least amount of days would get that gold or something to that sort?
Reply Quote
gratz kj I wish you the best of luck and just remember pics or it didn't happened

This makes me feel bad that I had McDonalds for lunch

This was the first official request for a post of the pic...now I will! :D

also, i hate your ugly bracers, they are ugly and so are you!

you didnt read my post?
Reply Quote
Good stuff here! I found myself in much the same boat 3 months ago. Went to take my daughter horse back riding and they said I was too heavy to ride the horse. I was flabbergasted!!

Since I'm an older gent, it took a bit of thought and planning on my part. My body has paid a terrible price from my youth. I was a gym rat for years and years and an avid runner. Now my frame "appears" muscular in clothes, but in fact is pretty disgusting out of clothes. Unfortunately I wear weight well.

Mostly I needed to correct my food habits. I'm not a breakfast eater. I now have oatmeal for breakfast every morning with a 1/2 cup o joe. I dislike water intensely but now drink 3 liters a day. I started with walks during my break here at work. 4 mph is the goal ( a simple check is to try and sing a song while you are walking. If you can, you're not walking fast enough!) I try to wipe gum off my feet as I walk to increase it's effectiveness and take shorter, quicker steps. In the first month I dropped 20 pounds doing only those things. I added simple push ups to my routine doing 20 inclined when I wake up and an additional 60 throughout the day at work or home. 20 at a time for now. That netted an additional 15 pounds to this point. I want to take off another 30 but may be testosterone limited in that goal. I'm going to see a doctor about that.

Home gyms are amazing, but just so folks who might be considering this thread and where they personally might "fit" (pun intended) in .. it's a matter of doing SOMETHING. As was very aptly noted, a plan = a goal. Without it, it's a wish (or a phase). I'm in my never you mind how far 50's and it's made a noticeable difference in my appearance and well being. I bought 2 medicine balls ( 8 and 10 pounders ) and am now doing the Tar Heels workout ( http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ultimate-medicine-ball-workout ). THAT will kick your butt btw!! Total investment was 24 bucks from Wal Mart.

For the folks making it happen good on ya! For everyone else, what are you waiting for?!?
Edited by Nintova#1208 on 7/12/2013 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
gratz kj I wish you the best of luck and just remember pics or it didn't happened

This makes me feel bad that I had McDonalds for lunch

This was the first official request for a post of the pic...now I will! :D

also, i hate your ugly bracers, they are ugly and so are you!

you didnt read my post?

pics of the gym :)

I ALWAYS read love and respect your posts.

@scrapz I love the idea. My immediate goal is a weight loss of 2lbs a week. I plan on providing weekly updated, but I can adjust according.

@everyone else. THANK YOU. As far as my wife, she's awesome, she at least and most defiantly deserves a better physical version of me. She can't go out and get another one ;)
Reply Quote
As far as my wife, she's awesome, she at least and most defiantly deserves a better physical version of me. She can't go out and get another one ;)

Has she tried crafting?
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
As far as my wife, she's awesome, she at least and most defiantly deserves a better physical version of me. She can't go out and get another one ;)

Has she tried crafting?

Nope, but together we crafted a boy and two girls :)
Odds for an NFL player are still low, gonna roll again later this year :)
Reply Quote
Week 1 is complete.
  • Target: 2 lbs weight loss
  • Starting weight: 250 lbs
  • Week 1 weight: 244 lbs
  • Goal Exceeded :)

• Weight Training: 3 days; 30-45 min.
  • Cardio: 3 days; 7 min.
  • Stretch: 2 days

6lbs?
It is not uncommon for the first week to be a large weight loss. I stand firm that 2 lbs a week is a healthy weight loss schedule. 4 lbs a week is the max and a bit extreme. The first week is usually excess cheese cake and cream puffs that are no longer bloating up your belly. Also, it was quite a shock to the body. Not only did I radically cut my calories (to a safe level of course) but started exercising. Lastly, it is the month of Ramadan so I am fasting (from dawn to dusk). I am still maintaining my caloric intake but I am hitting a lower caloric intake than I would otherwise.

Comments:
Week 1 was tough. I keep having flash backs of 1 year ago. The hardest part is mentally getting over how physically fit was. I feel like there are still glimmers of that development in there, however, I'm basically starting all over again. Which is what I prepared for; however, it still makes me sad.
It feels like I'll make gains faster than when I started 5 years ago, but we'll see.
Lots of pain as expected, most of it worked itself out but the end of the week.

I am not tracking physical fitness as the goals is primary weight loss. I wonder if I should, hmmmm.

Week 2:
Goals:
Weight Training: same
Cardio Training: add 2 min

7-8 min of cardio is not going to cut it. The excess weight and muscle fatigue is really making it difficult for me to do any more. I hope the muscles can condition themselves fast enough for me to add 2 min to the cardio this week.

thank all!!!
Reply Quote
Watch out for the beams when you're doing pull-ups ;-)
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
Watch out for the beams when you're doing pull-ups ;-)

Haha, I only ever hit my head once! :-D
Reply Quote
I say weighted prayer sessions added to your routine.
Reply Quote
Yo KJ keep it up man! Improving that lifestyle will help out a ton in the long run!
Reply Quote
Wife: "Come one honey, you can do it, I'll help you lose weight"
Wife: "We'll do it together, you did it before, you just have to stick to it"
Wife: "I liked you better when you were thin, how about I help you stay on schedule"

Fast forward to today.

There are cream puffs in the oven!
WTH WOMAN!

For the record I am NOT going to have ANY!
Reply Quote
Wife: "Come one honey, you can do it, I'll help you lose weight"
Wife: "We'll do it together, you did it before, you just have to stick to it"
Wife: "I liked you better when you were thin, how about I help you stay on schedule"

Fast forward to today.

There are cream puffs in the oven!
WTH WOMAN!

For the record I am NOT going to have ANY!

Reminds me of last October at my house.

Wife: "I'm surprised you haven't found the candy corn yet."
Me: "You bought candy corn?"
Wife: "Yeah, but I hid it in the usual spot."
Me: [I]"Why the hell are you telling me this???"[/I]

Within forty-eight hours, the entire bag was gone :)
Reply Quote
Darn it, a busy day is encroaching on my workout time today ><
One way or the other I'm going to find a way to fit it in!
Reply Quote
Week 2 is complete.
  • Target: 2 lbs weight loss
  • Starting weight: 250 lbs
  • Week 1 weight: 244 lbs
  • Week 2 weight: 241.5 lbs
  • Goal Exceeded :)

• Weight Training: 3 days; 30-45 min.
  • Cardio: 3 days; 12 min.
  • Stretch: 0 days :(

2.5 lbs is more inline with my weekly goals. As I stated the first week is always more than expected.
The pain is gone this week and I was able to add a whopping 4 min to the cardio, so I'm on my way.
My son joined me a couple times this week which is great for him (he's 10). Hopefully he'll continue, I'm not going to force him.

This week was a bit emotional (so to speak). I just kept thinking how futile it felt. Kept thinking back to where I left off, humph. It's going to be a long road, feels like I'll never get back to where I was; but I tuned it out; need to focus on the weekly goals!

Week 3 is a clutch week. It's quit week. I find that for my self and some ppl who worked out with me that they don't make through the third week. It's a hump, gotta get over it. I'm focused and feeling good about moving forward.

Week 3:
Goals:
Weight Training: add deadlift
Cardio Training: add 2 min
Abs: add some abs!

thank all!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]