Diablo® III

[Chronicle] Back to the Gym (Week 7 update)

Gj man, you have my praise. ^_^
Reply Quote
gj kj
Reply Quote
thanks all!

this thread is better than jeannie craig (or however it's spelled).

I have to leave work early so I can get in a nap. I have to do a double workout today because I missed yesterday ><
I gave in and paid contractors to do work I know how to do (electrician, moldings), even though I didn't want to do that, they are doing a great job and it freed me up to work out!

Except yesterday there was some design and decision issues that took up my work out time.

double work out isn't bad...should still only be about an hour and fifteen min workout.

thanks again guys...I wish I was more poetic so I can express how much appreciate the positive support.

5.5 months to go to reach the stated goal...whew, seems so far away =P
Reply Quote
Yesterday I went rock climbing with my brother then came home to run 5 miles.

Today just softball, so easy day :D
Reply Quote

I have softball/beer tomorrow.... bicep/tricep/abs today for me :P
Reply Quote

I have softball/beer tomorrow.... bicep/tricep/abs today for me :P

push/pull eh?
How do you like that? I tried it for a while...for some reason I liked push/push better.
Each body is different of course as you know; but maybe I just didn't give it enough time...
Reply Quote
Great progress KJ! From what I have read you are spot on, week 3 is hump week. Get past this and your routine will become more of a habit than a chore.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Eiaat
Great progress KJ! From what I have read you are spot on, week 3 is hump week. Get past this and your routine will become more of a habit than a chore.

heeeeeey, i guess that is a common thought! Glad to hear.
I learned of "hump week" based on others who wanted to join me in the past...seems like whoever makes it past week 3 is in!

looking forward to be able to do pullups again...maybe month 4 :)

thanks for the input!

EDIT: With my DW gear our monks are like copies! :)
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 7/24/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You can do it, KamelJabber,
awaken the warrior spirit within, keep working out, get in shape.

Eat less meat, eat vegetables.
Don't give up, don't give in, but know thyself and don't hurt yourself.

Do it one step at a time.
Smoke cigarettes if you have to, it helps with weight loss.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Angelthirst
Smoke cigarettes if you have to, it helps with weight loss.

I was with you till you got this part, lol
Reply Quote
hey, all men must die, but we must live to see the children grow up, and be a good example.
Go out and run, embrace the glory of the sunlight.
Reply Quote
The meat advice is pretty terrible too. Eat lots and lots of lean white meat while you're on any weightlifting regimen.
Reply Quote
Kamel's just trying to get thin and feel better, if meat of any kind is adding to obesity, then stop eating meat and eat vegetable for a while.
Kamel doesn't need to get all buff, he needs to get in shape.
Reply Quote
have no fear!
everyone relax.
I got super super busy today and missed my weight in time.
Everything is all good :)

I like to weight myself at the same time of day and I missed it today...update tomorrow :D

I feel good, i hope the scale is good to me too...actually, who cares, i feel good! XD
Reply Quote
Hump week is over! Week 3 complete

Target: 2 lbs/week weight loss
  Starting weight: 250 lbs
  Week 1 weight: 244 lbs     - 6 lb loss
  Week 2 weight: 241.5 lbs  - 2.5 lb loss
  Week 3 weight: 239 lbs     - 2.5 lb loss

Goal Exceeded :)

Weight Training: 3 days; 30-45 min.
Cardio: 2 days; 20 min.
Stretch: 1.5 days
Abs/Pushups

2.5 lbs is inline with my weekly goals. So that is good news. The workouts are becoming a pretty routine part of the day now. I think completion of week 4 pretty much locks it in as a habit.
I am surprised I was able to jump to 20 min on the treadmill so quickly. The first week at 7 min I felt was going to be the end of me.

I added weighted squats, dead-lifts, abdominal and push-ups this week. Sounds more impressive than it is. It is VERY light weights and low reps, but I wanted to kick it off nonetheless.

Feeling great though. I can really tell that 10 lbs. My jeans went from snug to needed a belt. Again, sounds more dramatic than it is, however, it's a great feeling to have to need a belt :) I been juicing more also. I love juicing, it's my new favorite thing now. I highly recommend it. It's a great way to get in crucial micro nutrients into the body. SO much of our food is processed and industrialized, stripping away all the nutrients right out of it. 2 glasses of fresh organic fruit/vegetable juice is awfully refreshing!

Week 4 is a the final stage in creating a firm habit of this. I hope I can continue to make progress and not fall off the wagon!

Week 4 Goals:
Weight Training: same
Cardio Training: add 2 min
More abs and pushups.

thank all!!!
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 7/30/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I been juicing more also. I love juicing, it's my new favorite thing now.

You know that's illegal in baseball, right?
Reply Quote
HITT: 2 days; 20 min.
Abs/Pushups

Fixed.

Let there be weight loss!
Reply Quote
HITT: 2 days; 20 min.
Abs/Pushups

Fixed.

Let there be weight loss!

OH man, I think I will lose weight from working myself to a vomit. HIIT is very tough stuff. When we were doing insanity, we used to push ourselves to exhaustion. I almost cried on more than one occasion.

Funny think is, week 5 I was going to introduce the P90X cardio workout a day a week. I kinda want to ease into it...but since you mention it, maybe I'll do it this week!

XD
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 7/30/2013 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You can do it, Kamel. Don't give up.
But know thyself and your limitations.

Push a little further each day, feel the pain,
that pain is what burns the fat and grows muscle.
Reply Quote
13.5 lbs lost or 56.5 lbs to go. Is the cup half full or half empty. I guess this case it's a quarter empty or three-quarters full.

Target: 2 lbs/week weight loss
Starting weight: 250 lbs
Week 1 weight: 244 lbs - 6 lb loss
Week 2 weight: 241.5 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 3 weight: 239 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 4 weight: 236.5 lbs - 2.5 lb loss

Goal Exceeded :)

Cardio: 3 days; 25 min.
CardioX: 2 days
Abs/Pushups

Ha. I'm not making up these numbers, I really did lose exactly 2.5 lbs. I find that rather interesting. I wanted to lose at least 3 this week as I did step up the cardio workouts. I shouldn't over-reach and just be happy I met my stated goals. Time to step up the weight training. I'm not feeling it. I didn't want to step it up till after this week though, as this is my last week of fasting...weight training needs regular intake of protein.

My wife suggested I should give up on the notion of losing 70 lbs. She is of the opinion 50-55 lbs all I need to lose. That would put me at 200. She suggests that was a peak of mine and it was excessive and I don't really need to be that light. Perhaps she is right, but there is something about seeing all your ab muscles that is attractive and no one can deny it :) I think she is just trying to help me be reasonable with my goals and maintain them.

Oddly enough even though the progress is good, I'm feeling a bit bummed this week. I think that relates to a number of personal factors. I need to ignore all that an just work out!. I'm starting to feel the pressure on myself to maintain that 2 lbs a week. I'm questioning how much longer I can remain consistent. I need to tune that all out and just keep doing what I'm doing.

p.s. note, in order to fit into my old clothes I need to be under 190; i was so happy i was thin, i didn't leave any play in my clothes...humph.

Week 5 Goals:
Weight Training: increased intensity!
Cardio Training: add 2 min
More abs and pushups.

thank all!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]