Diablo® III

[Chronicle] Back to the Gym (Week 7 update)

Weight Training: 3 days; 30-45 min.
Cardio: 3 days; 25 min.
CardioX: 2 days
Abs/Pushups

Do a tabata routine 20 sec on, 10 sec off burpees every other day for 4 mins.

:D

Keep up the good work KJ!
Reply Quote
Weight Training: 3 days; 30-45 min.
Cardio: 3 days; 25 min.
CardioX: 2 days
Abs/Pushups

Do a tabata routine 20 sec on, 10 sec off burpees every other day for 4 mins.

:D

Keep up the good work KJ!

Hmm, that sounds reasonable
Will try it out!

Thanks for the encouragement, you guys are really helping me push forward
:-D
Reply Quote
On second thought 4 min!

Maybe I'll start with 2 min :-P
Reply Quote
I haven't tried tabata yet, but I will some time this year. Still expanding my weightlifting workouts so I can target a few more areas.

Keep it up, KJ!
Reply Quote
shoot, you should kill 3 birds with one stone. Find a job that is physically demanding, then you don't need to spend extra time working out and have that extra time for video gaming and you get paid for it to boot.

Myself, I work 2 jobs, 1 that is physically demanding and the other is not. I get enough of a workout from the 1.
Edited by jxfuller#1507 on 8/5/2013 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wait 4 min!

I think 2 min :-P

Edit: my earlier post was not there, now it is, daar
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 8/5/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Back in the day did weights for around 8 years, training 4 times a week.
Got pretty strong, bench 360, full squat 480, 10 reps 280 on bench.

Had a break of nearly 30 years, went back to gym and was coming along nicely until i impinged a nerve in my shoulder. 12 months later still hurts like hell.
Reply Quote
Back in the day did weights for around 8 years, training 4 times a week.
Got pretty strong, bench 360, full squat 480, 10 reps 280 on bench.

Had a break of nearly 30 years, went back to gym and was coming along nicely until i impinged a nerve in my shoulder. 12 months later still hurts like hell.

this started off as a feel good story. I had a reply prepped in my head on how awesome that is and how strong you were! that's a lot of weight bud!

It quickly turned into a tragic drama :(

That is terrible to hear, sorry for your pain and misfortune...I hope it turns around for you, you never now, the body is pretty amazing....
Reply Quote
keep up the great work KJ!
Reply Quote
Thats great man , that you are getting back into shape brother, Keep up the good work , and always remember go heavy or go home =) lol.
Reply Quote
hello hello...a little mid week update this week.

Yesterday I was feeling real blah...I weighed myself and went up a pound. Too many variables in play for that to matter because a couple workouts later I feel great.

Now that I am done fasting, the official calorie tracker is on (using myfitnesspal). Today I consumed 1,257 calories...which is very, VERY low. In fact, I believe lower than when I was fasting. Especially with the exercise...that will need some adjusting over the next few days.

I did try some tabatta or hiit or whatever today. I thought four min of durpees would be too much so I went every other with static plank. It went pretty well...today was a leg work out day so hard to tell exactly how difficult it actually was with my legs already being fatigued.

I been doing some reading up on ab vacuum and dragon flag (ab exercise). Both sound very intriguing and I will adding them in starting tonight. ab vacuum is easy enough, maybe not so much the dragon flag.

anyway, viva la monk!

lets see...~55 more lbs to go ;)

EDIT: lmao...what in the world was I thinking! dragon flag's. I should have recorded my effort and put it on youtube, you guys would have been laughing for months. No dragon flag's anytime soon.

I was flanked by a tiny 2 year old ninja while I was in downward dog. I got bombed with nose honks. good thing my downward dog was stable.
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 8/8/2013 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A week 5 tradegy. Lots going on this week.

Target: 2 lbs/week weight loss
Starting weight: 250 lbs
Week 1 weight: 244 lbs - 6 lb loss
Week 2 weight: 241.5 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 3 weight: 239 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 4 weight: 236.5 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 5 weight: 235 lbs - 1.5 lb loss

Goal MISSED

Weight Training: 3 days; 45-60 min.
Cardio: 3 days; 35 min.
CardioX: 1 days
4 min HIIT: 2 days
Abs/Pushups

So it was an eventful week. Lets tackle the obvious straight on. I didn't meet my 2 lb goal this week; that sucks. It was a pretty hectic week though. First and foremost the month of Ramadan ended last Wednesday, so I been on a full eating schedule now. I think the .5 lb miss is simply hydration.
I began tracking calories, since last Wed I have been sub 2000, average of 1800 actually. Even though I missed 2 days of working out I still managed to double up and get a full week of exercise in.

35 min on the treadmill...WOOT. I been doing some 20 seconds on 10 seconds off every other burpees and plank for 4 min, that is going well. This week also begins the weight training tracking. So, lots of changes this week, I hope I can keep it together and meet my goal next week.

I re organized my gym and basement. It looks great down there...a bit of organization really amounted in a lot more room, i'm pretty happy with my home basement setup :D

Ahhh, the belt test. I had a belt that I eventually punched two holes in order for it to be even effective. I worked up the nerve to try it on; I managed to get into the first hole. Doesn't sound like much, but at least I got it on, woot! Now I can use the hole I'm on as a measure of my progress again.

Crazy week 5, hopefully week 6 will show some good gains and a renewal of my goals.

Week 6 Goals:
Weight Training: increased intensity!
Cardio Training: add speed and resistance
More HIIT.

thank all!!!
Reply Quote
but was it a good bbq?
Reply Quote
08/12/2013 07:56 PMPosted by baggins
but was it a good bbq?

HA

YUMMY!
Reply Quote
08/12/2013 07:56 PMPosted by baggins
but was it a good bbq?

Damn straight it was! Also, to hear KJ tell it, he's an out-of-shape slob. Truth is, I looked at him and couldn't figure out where he was hiding 250 pounds. Or 235 these days. Which I suppose is more believable.

Anyway, back on it, KJ! :)
Reply Quote
08/12/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
but was it a good bbq?

Damn straight it was! Also, to hear KJ tell it, he's an out-of-shape slob. Truth is, I looked at him and couldn't figure out where he was hiding 250 pounds. Or 235 these days. Which I suppose is more believable.

Anyway, back on it, KJ! :)

I have mastered the art of hiding my fat...this isn't my first rodeo!

whew, at least 45 lbs to go...madness...
Reply Quote
stop worrying too much about your weight, kamel.

the reason you should feel for lifting is because you want to express your masculinity, not because you're insecure of how you look. The weight will take care of itself when you stop being a lazy fat-!@#, no offense.

you want fast weight loss?
eat nothing but vegetables for a month, while going to a park and run.
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/13/2013 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
speaking of running,
ancient soldiers run with a spear in one hand a shield in the other,
nowadays people run on treadmills in pajamas, what fkery is this?

go to a clearing to run and feel gravity on your feet, maggot.
Reply Quote

Goal MISSED

fail.

35 min on the treadmill...WOOT. I been doing some 20 seconds on 10 seconds off every other burpees and plank for 4 min, that is going well.

You manage any sweet planking pictures?

Overall nice work. even though you fail. keep it up!! hit your goal of 155 lbs!!!
Reply Quote
great job! 1.5 lbs a week is no mean feat. And a belated Happy Eid-Al-Fitr.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]