Diablo® III

[Chronicle] Back to the Gym (Week 7 update)

View profile
08/13/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Eiaat
great job! 1.5 lbs a week is no mean feat. And a belated Happy Eid-Al-Fitr.

"mean" feat?
Thanks for the wishes! and the support! XD. Only 1/2 pound off my goal given the holiday week and all is OK by me. The test will be if I'll meet 2lbs this week or not. So far a bad start, I didn't workout yesterday...I was dealing with some pretty ignorant mischievous local kids...ugh.

CountFury:
I actually agree with most of your points and assessment. I used to have that attitude, but it was easy to maintain the first time I lost weight and while I was in shape. Since I gained 70 lbs, I'm totally fixated on getting that scale to read 190 lbs!
I do agree that ancient man was probably much healthier that we are now. I don't think our organs were designed to be crunched up in a chair all day. In fact, a colleague and I have talked about converting our desks to standing desks. He actually already did, I am in the process of converting mine.
We eat garbage all day long. There is no need to go back to ancient man, you can find examples in current third world countries or even the US 100 years ago. We flipped the scale on how we eat and live our daily lives. The micro nutrient soldiers that work to fuel and repair are bodies are non-existent. Vegetables and other micro nutrients need to be at least 70% of our diet.
Perhaps today I'll start jogging outside :)

Tarzan:
Fail indeed =(
155 lbs! Yikes, you think if I every hit that weight i'll actually be invisible, hehe
The goal is 190 lbs :)
45 lbs to go.
Reply Quote
stop worrying too much about your weight, kamel.

the reason you should feel for lifting is because you want to express your masculinity, not because you're insecure of how you look. The weight will take care of itself when you stop being a lazy fat-!@#, no offense.

you want fast weight loss?
eat nothing but vegetables for a month, while going to a park and run.

That doesn't sound even remotely healthy ;P
Reply Quote
No Mean Feat: A laudable triumph of great difficulty.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/no_mean_feat
Reply Quote
Kamel, I ran 13 miles on Saturday. Quite slow, but I did it! Didn't even feel too sore the next day, so that was nice. Going 8 tonight.

Softball team crapped out in the playoffs last night. No threepeat for us. I'm still grumpy about it. Wed night team still has a chance though!
Reply Quote
View profile
Kamel, I ran 13 miles on Saturday. Quite slow, but I did it! Didn't even feel too sore the next day, so that was nice. Going 8 tonight.

Softball team crapped out in the playoffs last night. No threepeat for us. I'm still grumpy about it. Wed night team still has a chance though!

That's a lot of miles dude! go go go.
I wasn't going to give an update this week. RL is kicking my butt; I only had time to for 2 weight training workouts and 2 cardio workouts. I need to kick it back into full gear this week.

Plus the weigh in will be skewed because i'm fasting this week.

RUN PIFFLE RUN!

Here is a small summary of last weeks' craziness: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9678407795?page=3#52

ps. you totally dominate!
Reply Quote
View profile
What happened to week 6?

Target: 2 lbs/week weight loss
Starting weight: 250 lbs
Week 1 weight: 244 lbs - 6 lb loss
Week 2 weight: 241.5 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 3 weight: 239 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 4 weight: 236.5 lbs - 2.5 lb loss
Week 5 weight: 235 lbs - 1.5 lb loss
Week 6 weight: :(
Week 7 weight: 231 lbs - 4 lb loss

Goal Met

This ship is not sinking!

I'm going to make this short, at least try to.
Most of us have families and all of us have responsibilities, so I'm not going to cry you a river. Plus who wants to read someone else's sob story (more specifically, my pathetic one). However, the past 2 weeks have been overwhelming.

I have not been able to keep up with a full exercise regimen. I did my best to squeeze in some bicycle rides and a bit of weight training, but overall; pretty much a total bust this past two weeks.

I was able to maintain weight loss by strictly adhering to a weight loss diet. Even though I lost my 2 lbs a week the past two weeks, my body just don't feel good w/o the exercise.

My mission has shifted to reliving myself of some of my responsibilities. That being said, things are settling down and I plan on getting back into the exercise. I also fear 2 lbs this week may be quite a stretch, but we'll see.

Anyway, I'm still going at it; albeit struggling some lately, but chugging along.

thanks all
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 8/28/2013 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Good work KJ. Yeah the day to day grind of life can be a major obstacle for those on the road to fitness that is for sure. Myself, I cheat the obstacles by incorporating my exercise into other required activities. For example, I commute to work via bicycle. This gives me a "free" 50 minutes of cardio everyday. And by every day I mean the workweek but year round and I live in metro Detroit.

Keep up the great work.
Reply Quote
View profile
Good work KJ. Yeah the day to day grind of life can be a major obstacle for those on the road to fitness that is for sure. Myself, I cheat the obstacles by incorporating my exercise into other required activities. For example, I commute to work via bicycle. This gives me a "free" 50 minutes of cardio everyday. And by every day I mean the workweek but year round and I live in metro Detroit.

Keep up the great work.

Thank Eiaat, I wish my language skills were better so I can properly convey how much I appreciate your and other kind words and support.
As I mentioned, this forum is currently my Weight Watchers :)

I used to LOVE to bike to work, but then the university took over our building. They added electirc car charging stations, green windows, super efficient lighting on sensors, BIKE RACKS, new sidewalk...basically a totally green initiative.

One major feature is the bicycle ride along and bike racks, BUT THEY TOOK OUT ALL THE SHOWERS IN THE BUILDING. MORONS! so they are pushing employees to ride their bikes to work but then we have to sit at your desks sweaty and full of BO.

I really hate executives!!! idiots!
Reply Quote
At my place, they installed a gym at the same time they converted a few spare offices to giant shower areas :)
Reply Quote
Hey Kamel!

I live in a little rural town, pop 2k. My 3rd cousin by law (i think thats right) just opened a restaurant... well, it just so happens that restaurant management is my specialty. We've been operating for 5 weeks now, somewhat smoothly. Anyways, I wanted to let you know our food is freaking awesome!!

Our specialty is smoked meats, BBQ. Brisket, Pork Ribs, Sausage, Pulled Pork, 1/2 Chicken, Ham, Turkey. So Delicious! Our BBQ sauce is a thick tomato base, sweet with some heat! The steaks... very nice quality. It's not waygu, but our ribeyes are beautifully marbled.
We got the best fried catfish and shrimp, and chicken fingers with white gravy.
Fried pickle chips, mushrooms, and onion rings for appetizers. And the desserts, O!M!G! Homemade three layer chocolate cake, an Italian cream cake loaded with nuts, pecan pie, fried apple tart with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We even have peach icees!

Well, just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck with sloughing off the pounds! <3
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 07:45 PMPosted by WomanAtPlay
Our specialty is smoked meats, BBQ. Brisket, Pork Ribs, Sausage, Pulled Pork, 1/2 Chicken, Ham, Turkey. So Delicious! Our BBQ sauce is a thick tomato base, sweet with some heat! The steaks... very nice quality. It's not waygu, but our ribeyes are beautifully marbled.

Damn it Lady! I'll definitively pay a visit someday there, sounds delicious and im starving !

Homemade three layer chocolate cake, an Italian cream cake loaded with nuts, pecan pie, fried apple tart with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We even have peach icees!

Well, just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck with sloughing off the pounds!

Thats kind of cruel after tempting all those goodies !
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Colt

Kamel likes it when I tease him, it makes him work harder.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/30/2013 07:35 AMPosted by WomanAtPlay

Kamel likes it when I tease him, it makes him work harder.

W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 08:45 AMPosted by KamelJabber
W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P W@P

Kamel, I should have chosen FemaleAtPlay as my MO. That would have made your post HILARIOUS!
Reply Quote
^ you are a genius ! I encourage that change .. hm or maybe lady@play so players dont make mean jokes on you, just to be http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/saif
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Colt
^ you are a genius ! I encourage that change .. hm or maybe lady@play so players dont make mean jokes on you, just to be http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/saif

she's not a genius, she's woman@play. ;)
if she changes her name to lady@play, it would be LAP.
And then I'll be tempted to say, "com'ere baby, sit on my lap." ;D
Reply Quote
View profile
a Gym? what the hell is a Gym?

... sort of loses context in writing. read it like homer simpson.

i could stand to lose 10 - 15 kg's myself. i am currently about 101kg's. in imperial that is... googling.... 222 lbs. is that a lot? i'm about 6'1".
Reply Quote
or we could go like L@P dance for everybody! haha

Damn never mind then, it would only get worse :(

W@P its still better than the alternatives
Edited by Colt#2370 on 8/31/2013 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you Colt, my Hero!!

How 'bout this one? It'll blow your mind!
WAP = wireless access port

Hi KJ :)
I drink your milkshake
Reply Quote
Thank you Colt, my Hero!!

How 'bout this one? It'll blow your mind!
WAP = wireless access port

Hi KJ :)
I drink your milkshake
kj once told me that you're a grinder i never quite knew what he meant until read this page ;p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]