Diablo® III

Nephalem Valor Icon Needs Changing

For anyone who never noticed, the Nephalem Valor icon is actually a picture of a dead dinosaur with a sword going through his neck. A closer look reveals that some of his scales are morphing into gold. You can actually find the larger icon at the bottom of the link below.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

Personally I think the icon should be changed. First of all because there are no dinosaurs in Diablo 3. Second, the actual in-game icon doesn't look at all what it actually represents because it is so small when people actually see it in-game. Third, since Nephalem Valor is suppose to increase magic find, gold find, and exp, then the icon should incorporate those things and are clearly visible in the small in-game icon.

Like?
Edited by GamerLCD#1675 on 7/10/2013 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i lol'd. It is meant to be the treasure goblin.

the gold comes from his loot sack.
Edited by Mowze#1464 on 7/9/2013 3:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I dunno where OP got that it looked like a dinosaur, but I never noticed that it actually is a treasure goblin till Mowze said it. Then again, I never really noticed what Treasure Goblins looked like till a couple days ago when I zoomed in on one for the first time.
Reply Quote
I just think it needs to be changed.
Reply Quote
Change your screenname to GamerLSD lol
Reply Quote
07/09/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Bock
Change your screenname to GamerLSD lol

thanks.
Reply Quote
I keep forgetting that it's a severed monster head because on first inspection it looks like a little triangular house/hut/tent.

"Hmm, do I have 5 gold tents yet?"
Reply Quote
Community Manager
For anyone who never noticed, the Nephalem Valor icon is actually a picture of a dead dinosaur with a sword going through his neck. A closer look reveals that some of his scales are morphing into gold. You can actually find the larger icon at the bottom of the link below.

Link
As a connoisseur of all things dinosaur, I can assure you that the Nephalem Valor icon you mentioned is actually a very dead Treasure Goblin with loot spilling out of his bag.

To be entirely fair, I hadn't actually stopped to consider the Nephalem Valor icon very carefully until you mentioned it, so it seems like a fun little Diablo III fact to me. Thanks for bringing it up! :)
Reply Quote
I keep forgetting that it's a severed monster head because on first inspection it looks like a little triangular house/hut/tent.

"Hmm, do I have 5 gold tents yet?"

I too thought they were just huge tents of gold... with a red rug at the entrance. O_O
Reply Quote
Can you make it bigger or something? Specifically I have a hard time seeing how many stacks I have and yeah the icon itself is too small. I never knew what the heck I was looking at.

Seriously it would be much more practical to be like NV1 or something like that.
Reply Quote
I can't un-see it now...
Reply Quote
Can you make it bigger or something? Specifically I have a hard time seeing how many stacks I have and yeah the icon itself is too small. I never knew what the heck I was looking at.

Seriously it would be much more practical to be like NV1 or something like that.

I concur. Can something be done to make the number more visible.
Reply Quote
CLEVER GIRL
Reply Quote
The icon should include a boot stomping on the head, for all the trouble we go to in order to squash them little buggers...
Reply Quote
As a connoisseur of all things dinosaur, I can assure you that [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#nephalem-valor"]the Nephalem Valor icon you mentioned is actually a very dead Treasure Goblin with loot spilling out of his bag[/url].

To be entirely fair, I hadn't actually stopped to consider the Nephalem Valor icon very carefully until you mentioned it, so it seems like a fun little Diablo III fact to me. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

The icon for the NV represents a treasure goblin? Well that's ironic! Treasure goblins don't even grant a NV when you kill them lol
Reply Quote
ITS AN EASTER EGG SPOILER!

THERE WILL BE DINOSAURS IN THE EXPANSION!

YAYYYYYYYYYY :>
Reply Quote

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty"]Link[/url]
As a connoisseur of all things dinosaur, I can assure you that [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#nephalem-valor"]the Nephalem Valor icon you mentioned is actually a very dead Treasure Goblin with loot spilling out of his bag[/url].

Sorry Vaeflare but that is definitely a dinosaur lol. Can you get the devs to change it to look more like a goblin please :)
Reply Quote
omg... it will now forever be a dinosaur to me too...
Reply Quote
As mentioned in my patch/expansion idea there might be a need for new mp levels due to several things (as explained in my patch/expansion idea). And such possibly the need for 375%-475% . Active achivements are great . in a perfect world xp+achiv is the way to go but they should be considered as a bonus. And as all bonuses they may or may not be required . either way is fine. i am an achivement guy for example (due to several reasons )
Mais je suis d'accord avec mes amies even tho i don't necesarrily agree with everything.

reason for edit : mp on the first line not paragon
Edited by Falconx#2945 on 7/9/2013 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To me it always looked like a skull with gold spilling out the top, until i saw the bigger version.
The outline still looks like a skull though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]