Diablo® III

Flipping Guide

It would be cool to get some of the more experienced flippers to post a guide on this so it can get a sticky.

We have guides on every other part of legitimate play but this one, which is a big part of gameplay for a lot of people.
Reply Quote
Hush hush...trade secret.
Reply Quote
Fine ...

Buy HIGH and sell LOW. Please let me know what items in advance so I can "monitor" your progress in flipping.
Reply Quote
Fine ...

Buy HIGH and sell LOW. Please let me know what items in advance so I can "monitor" your progress in flipping.

+1

OP here's your answer :)
Reply Quote
Be sure to buy anything and everything at 1d 12h regardless of price. You'll definitely flip the item because it was just posted. Make sure that every time you flip, be sure to price it at least 20% over the rest of the similar items, that way you make sure to inflate the economy so we can corrupt the game further and make more money. Best items to flip go for under 100k, so be sure to grab those up. You can flip more of them, so you make more money.
Reply Quote
It is not worth their while ever writing such a guide since the more people who flip, the less they make per unit time. If everyone flipped then most people would be losing money.

The higher the ratio of people who play the game to flippers, the more the flippers make. This is why everyone does not quit their job and open up a bank even though banks make tons of money for little work.
Reply Quote
It is not worth their while ever writing such a guide since the more people who flip, the less they make per unit time. If everyone flipped then most people would be losing money.

The higher the ratio of people who play the game to flippers, the more the flippers make. This is why everyone does not quit their job and open up a bank even though banks make tons of money for little work.

Rather not have those ignoramuses who think flipping is a bannable offense flipping items based on my methods. Than again, they'd probably be dumb enough to make it flippable again.
Reply Quote
Not everyone can do it. Some people just have no concept of value or the patience to determine it.
Reply Quote
they arent going to give away their trade secrets. also the economy changes with each patch, so a flipping guide would be outdated quickly.

you dont need to, ive never got the hang of flipping and ive done fine for myself
Reply Quote
they arent going to give away their trade secrets. also the economy changes with each patch, so a flipping guide would be outdated quickly.

you dont need to, ive never got the hang of flipping and ive done fine for myself

Flipping only requires common sense. If people don't have any, they shouldn't flip. Plain and simple.
Reply Quote
It's important to have a guide I think because we need to recognize the real pro players of the D3 community. There's the thread accounting the epic tales of how so many great items were created already so the people that are able to create a lot of top end items really fast are getting credit now for their contributions to the game. Flipping is an underrepresented area for how large an aspect of gameplay it is.

Flippers need to step up so we can see who are the best of the best and the way they can do that is by showing off their knowledge as with any professional field.
Edited by Otaking#1972 on 7/10/2013 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 04:34 AMPosted by Otaking
We have guides on every other part of legitimate play but this one, which is a big part of gameplay for a lot of people.

Maybe because quite a few people don't find it legitimate ?
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 05:54 AMPosted by AxeLord

Maybe because quite a few people don't find it legitimate ?

lol? Some people must LOOK for things to be unhappy about. What exactly can you even come up with about re-selling an item as being shady in any way? If they didn't want trading in the game everything would be bind to account and there wouldn't be an auction house real or gold. The RMAH and those that bought gold are what TRASHED the economy ... not the flippers. If gold wasn't injected into the economy at the pace of .25 per 10 MILLION then there wouldn'tbe 2 billion plus items ... it is as simple as that.

This forums runs in themes. One person starts a whine thread and like a hydra more threads spring up on the topic. That is a good example of general unhappy looking for a theme to attach itself to.
Reply Quote
Threads that teach how to flip are often locked and or closed by moderators.

I've seen this happen a few dozen times over the months.
Flipping is against the ToS.

Blizzard doesn't proactively punish players who take part but they certainly remove threads about it just like they would a thread that promoted duping methods, botting, hacking, and piracy.

If you don't believe me then you can prove it by posting a thorough guide with specifics and see what happens. Don't say I didn't warn you though.
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 06:06 AMPosted by babinro

*facepalm*
Reply Quote
Threads that teach how to flip are often locked and or closed by moderators.

I've seen this happen a few dozen times over the months.

Blizzard doesn't proactively punish players who take part but they certainly remove threads about it just like they would a thread that promoted duping methods, botting, hacking, and piracy.

If you don't believe me then you can prove it by posting a thorough guide with specifics and see what happens. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

WHAT..IN YOUR MIND...FLIPPING NEEDS A GUIDE WITH SPECIFICS?

ROFL
Reply Quote
The idea of flipping is to correct items that are underpriced by at least 15% of its actual market value.

For example if you see an item that's normally sold at 2m, but is listed with a buyout price of 1.2m, you can buyout that item, and put it back on for 2m. This way you'll make 500k if someone buys the item for 2m. Flipping is really about putting under valued items back to their correct market values.
Reply Quote
Flipping Guide for Hipicus trustfundus:

Buy entire gold supply on RMAH every 10 minutes.......Success you have now eliminated all your competitors
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]