Diablo® III

Goblins portals

07/10/2013 04:07 PMPosted by AddictedFool
No one knows for sure, but Abd al-Hazir had this to say on the matter:

"Some devious little goblins have been robbing our merchants! When pursued, they simply open portals and disappear with a most aggravating chuckle. The peasantry seem to believe that the goblins serve a great demon lord known as Greed and furthermore, that their portals lead to Greed's domain! A ludicrous notion, truly."

So...Blizzard/Activision HQ?

edit: Sorry I had to, you set yourself up for that one ;)

haha so true
Reply Quote
OK Vaeflare, here's what you do:
first, you gotta collect all those Act2 pages
from the sunken ship...and then you can
take them to Cain's ID book and it will
actually turn them into a book itself.
Now the book will have a gem slot on it.
I recommend the gem needed be a Marquise
of any kind, but depend on what kind if picked
is the key....
Now, when you have this special book WITH
THE GEM IMBEDDED
(you can make it a normal
socket or a thing you gotta pay Egg Chen for)
you find a goblin portal...
you have the game check: does player have book:
if yes, enter- if no, portal closes;
gem determines boss....

now with currently 4 gems, that's 4 bosses
and what they drop i haven't really thought about...
since Valor isn't in D3 currently, maybe
they drop 4 pieces and THEN you have your smith
put them together with a recipe that can also drop...
maybe determined by MP, from any of the bosses.

but hey, what do i know?
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Vaeflare
If you killed a goblin while his portal was up and it stayed open; where would it lead to?

"Some devious little goblins have been robbing our merchants! When pursued, they simply open portals and disappear with a most aggravating chuckle. The peasantry seem to believe that the goblins serve a great demon lord known as Greed and furthermore, that their portals lead to Greed's domain! A ludicrous notion, truly."

and deer blizz will it be possible to follow them throw the portal one day were we meet them in a round 2 fight in their realm ? and were off course is lots of treasure:P
Reply Quote
Would love this new dimension to be a random event we can enter. Make the portal last a few seconds only if the goblin dies while their portal is open. Have a mini dungeon called The Goblin's Lair, have some new monsters (goblins) who wield swords, axes, with varying forms, sizes and abilities while escalating in difficulty throughout the dungeon. Face the mighty demon lord Greed at the end as a boss fight and have him act as a mixture of Treasure Goblins and Fighting Goblins with an addition to the Treasure Goblin being some affixes (Fast and Teleporting as a default) and a Unique Weapon (1 or 2 Hand, Melee or Ranged), for Ex. Skorn, Manticore or the Gidbinn while having a respective special ability for that specific Unique Weapon ;)

This could be one of the dungeons it leads to. I was thinking there could be countless dungeons spawned at random if a goblin dies with his portal open.

Any way the correct answer was: Cow level. It leads to cow level.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
07/10/2013 06:38 PMPosted by OverKill
Any way the correct answer was: Cow level. It leads to cow level.

And sometimes we agree!
Reply Quote

HAHA! Sorry that was good. But seriously guys, enough with the bashing CMs every time they respond to a creative thread. They ARE NOT programmers. It's not like their friendly interaction with the community is usurping time from developing our amazing legendaries. There's only so many times they can comment on the same, regurgitated threads people post. "NO AH!" "Better items prz!" "OMG Barbs are OP!" "Where's mah PVP?!?" They passed those along to devs like seven months ago. I'm sure they're not SO preoccupied with repeating the same suggestions over and over that they can't take five minutes to be light-hearted.
Edited by Exile#1863 on 7/10/2013 6:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Exile

HAHA! Sorry that was good. But seriously guys, enough with the bashing CMs every time they respond to a creative thread. They ARE NOT programmers. It's not like their friendly interaction with the community is usurping time from developing our amazing legendaries. There's only so many times they can comment on the same, regurgitated threads people post. "NO AH!" "Better items prz!" "OMG Barbs are OP!" "Where's mah PVP?!?" They passed those along to devs like seven months ago. I'm sure they're not SO preoccupied with repeating the same suggestions over and over that they can't take five minutes to be light-hearted.
'

2 things...

First, that's exactly why I edited in the apology.

Second, I never bashed the CM in any way shape or form. I bashed Blizzard/Activision. Deservedly so, even given the apology.
Reply Quote
Did you know that a black hole is actually a portal to another universe?
Edited by Krine#1782 on 7/10/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Krine
Did you know that a black hole is actually a portal to another universe?

Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?
Reply Quote
I think it leads to a Dragon den. Only there its treasure remains safe.
The prime evils are like the remains of one Dragon, thus that should be the safest place.
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Vaeflare
If you killed a goblin while his portal was up and it stayed open; where would it lead to?

Pssssst.
Sounds like a great place to have an endless dungeon.
Reply Quote
If you collect all the black rock ledger pages and go to act2 (mp6) the black smoke tornadoes will transport you to an island where you fight and Uber polar bear. If you defeat him w/o dying you will gain "jacob's passage" which allows you to take goblin portals to the boss named "greed".

J/K :)
Reply Quote
I made a thread about this back a while back, shopped some pictures together too. :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8891779857#1
Reply Quote
I think it leads to a Dragon den. Only there its treasure remains safe.
The prime evils are like the remains of one Dragon, thus that should be the safest place.

Nah Scrooge McDucks money bin. Has to be as its protected by Gizmo Duck.
Reply Quote
Gizmo Duck

BLUNDERING BLATHERSKYTE!
Reply Quote
Nowhere because Blizzard was lazy to finish Greed Realm
Reply Quote
maybe it'll take you to the original d3 they had designed...you know the one that looked better than this one
Reply Quote

edit: Sorry I had to, you set yourself up for that one ;)

+100!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]