Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Since whatever update there was yesterday I cannot launch D3. Can anyone help? It's giving me this message:
"You do not have permission to perform this action because you lack the necessary privileges. Please make sure you are running this program as an administrator and try again.....etc."
I am in fact.. running as admin. Please help.
You need to reset the permissions on your Diablo 3 and Battle.net Tools folders. Here is the procedure to do just that:
1) Navigate to the folder containing your Diablo III folder, and then highlight your Diablo III folder in the Finder.
2) Right click the Diablo III folder icon and select Get Info.
3) Click the Padlock icon at the bottom of the Get Info window and enter your administrator password (this authenticates you as an administrator).
4) In the Sharing and Permissions tab, select the Everybody group and choose Read and Write option in the Privileges pulldown menu. Make sure you are working with the pulldown menu on the same line as the Everybody group.
5) Click the Cogwheel icon at the bottom of the window and select Apply to enclosed items. When it asks you to confirm this, select OK. Close the Get Info window.
Your permissions are now set properly for Diablo III and all of its game files.
6) Navigate to your /Users/Shared folder in the Finder.
7) Right click the Blizzard folder and select Get Info.
8) Repeat steps #3 through #5 for this folder, then close the window.
9) Right click the Battle.net folder and select Get Info.
10) Repeat steps #3 through #5 for this folder, then close the window.
Diablo III and World of Warcraft Technical Support MVP
Official Mac Tech Support Forum Cookie™ (Mint Chocolate Chip)
Guaranteed tasty; Potentially volatile when dipped in General Forums Syrup®
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.